3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Should I or shouldn't I??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/132782-should-i-shouldnt-i.html)

ferrarimomof2 01-28-2008 03:45 PM

Should I or shouldn't I???

Should I do Take Off? It has been almost 3 weeks since I was POP. When I had the dental surgery, I got off the plan. I am finally able to chew now and am trying to get back on plan. I am finding it hard to stick to plan. I am motivated now to get back on plan. Should I do a Take off (TO) since I was off plan for almost weeks. I don't want to ask my conselors because they will try to sell me the juice. I was going to try and get the Hollywood juice from Wal-Mart. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

cecil 01-28-2008 04:14 PM

You could for sure do TO. That may help you get back into the swing of things. It definatly helps me relaize how awesome the plan really is! I also heard that you can use oranges as well. 4 oranges a day in place of the juice. Good luck with whatever you decide!

drtlc1990 01-30-2008 11:01 AM

When I did the plan in 2001, they did not have FF drink. You went through a take off phase which lasted 3 days. Instead of the drink, you eat 2 oranges a day or you can substitute 1/8th of a cantalope for each orange. Everything else is the same. In my opinion, it works just as well and without paying money for the drink. I am currently doing it now. I lost 5.5 pounds after the first day and 2 pounds after the second. I swear the only reason they changed to FF drink was to get more money out of us!

BarbaraB 01-30-2008 02:11 PM

Dionne, I have found that doing TO can be a real help in refocusing. If you feel that it would really help you get back with the program, then by all means go for it. They will try to push the juice on you if you ask at the COD. My best results on TO were with 1/2 grape fruit 4 times a day. However that can be rather acidic on your system. Nothing like 2 days of grapefruit to make you think the plan is wonderful though.

almsthere 01-31-2008 08:47 PM

Stick to the plan for 2 days religiously. Weigh and measure and choose wisely and light! Light starches, lean proteins. Mix up your foods and do different ones. Green veggies, etc. Increase your water to 84oz!

If you haven't lost anything, then do take off! or oranges, etc.

Sometimes, if I tell myself, if I really can't lose anything, even if I am POP for 2 days, I will do, TO or FF, I jumpstart my motivation...it's only 2 days thinking and I jumpstart my metabolism too! I've yet to do take off, because mostly, it is in my head...i'm really not POP... but I do understand, for some, you do hit a plateau and need FF, etc.