3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Whats for Dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/132480-whats-dinner.html)

Debbie24 01-25-2008 05:06 PM

Whats for Dinner?

I'm always in search of new ideas.

I'm having baked salmon with vegetable "fried" rice. I sautee chopped bell peppers & grated carrots in a tiny bit of oil with seasonings to taste then add cooked rice and a bit of lite soy sauce. I also add onion & garlic but not alot.

Lastnight i tried something new. I made spinach and turkey meatballs and had it with whole wheat spaghetti and sauce. So good and its a good way to get some turkey in and a veggie.

What are you all having for dinner tonight?

cecil 01-25-2008 05:32 PM

My Fav is chicken breast cooked in Hot sauce. I use franks red hot sauce buffalo. Yum! It is sooo good. Then Celery on the side like hot wings and a little light ranch! It is the Best and my DBF likes it too!

Tuesday Cool 01-25-2008 05:57 PM

Chicken fajitas. chicken breasts, onions and bell peppers sliced and cooked with chili powder and salsa. The table top grill works great for this. Served with FF beans, lettuce, tomatoes, LF cheese, salsa. No tortilla for me but the family can have tortillas and sour cream.
1P
2V
1S
1D

Repo girl 01-25-2008 07:55 PM

Baked potatoes w/butter spray and FF sour cream, grilled pork chops, steamed spinach, carrots. And wine.....3 oz with some sprite zero.

JerseyMadchen 01-27-2008 08:57 AM

Katie, how do you do your spinach?

Repo girl 01-27-2008 12:50 PM

Amy- It was just a frozen bag that I added a few tablespoons of water to, brought to a boil, turned down to low, put a lid on, and let steam for about 10 minutes. My mom makes amazing rasberry and peach vinegars that I love to eat on spinach.

chiquita623 01-28-2008 10:02 AM

I threw a pork roast in the crock pot, will have steamed cauliflower, peas and a salad with FF ranch dressing. Hopefully there will be some leftovers for dinner later in the week.

Katy66 01-28-2008 11:18 AM

I'm having grilled teriyki (low sodium of course) chicken with brown rice; steamed sugar snap peas; and a small salad.

Katy66 01-28-2008 11:19 AM

Debbie - the veggie fried rice sounds yummy:)

Tuesday Cool 01-28-2008 10:54 PM

Hamburgers! OK lean ground beef on LC bread but they were good! I added lots of veggies and BBQ sauce. Plus broccoli.

Repo girl 01-29-2008 12:00 AM

Tacos with turkey burger, lots of veggies, LF cheese, FF sour cream, and a LC tortilla. Really good.

Lynx 01-29-2008 07:08 AM

Baked Chicken with spaghetti sauce
Ingredients:
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
boneless skinless chicken breast according to plan portion size
1 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 F. Place aluminum foil on bottom of baking dish. Add chicken; Cover chicken with sauce, turn over to evenly coat both sides with sauce. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Uncover.
Top with mozzarella cheese and continue baking 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
1 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Dairy

Served with oven grilled asparagus and mushrooms.

Lynn
Stabilization (finished on Plan 2 with lites)
Used red and gold plans
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

Katy66 01-29-2008 08:57 AM

Tonight I'm having Turkey Burgers (no bun) with Green Beans and Corn on the Cob for my starch.

Repo girl 01-29-2008 08:22 PM

Tonight I made turkey burger meat loaf. I throw 1 lb of turkey burger, 1 onion, a big handful of baby carrots, an egg, and some zuchinni into the food processor and blend together, then bake on 400 for about an hour. It is so good, my kids absolutely devour it. Also baked potatoes and sliced tomatoes.

equinetcan 01-30-2008 05:33 PM

Tonight I just finished my last Italian chicken breast that I did in the slowcooker on sunday. Ate it for the last few days but that helps for me for work or coming home to an easy supper. With that I had steamed mixed non-starchy veggies. Sprinkle a little real parmesan on the top (and I mean a little) and I was good to go.