A PROTEIN! Cupboard Cookies

• Cupboard Cookies

1 cup peanut butter (I use reduced fat and they come out great)
    1 cup Splenda for Baking
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    Combine all ingredients well.
    Roll into balls about the size of a walnut. Press down slightly with
    a fork.
    Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (check after @ 8 minutes tho, ovens vary)

Makes 24 cookies.
    Serving size: 2 cookies
    LA Exchange: 1/2 protein
  • What a great recipe for protein to go.
    One question about the serving size, though.
    Is this serving size (2 cookies = 1/2 protein) for the color plans or the new numbered plans? Also (sorry for being so anal here) which color, since the amount of protein changes when you drop colors).

Thanks so much - can't wait to make some.
    Roberta
  • They sound yummy...I LOVE peanut butter too...trying to figure how to convert them to flex points now
  • Hi Roberta.

The 2 cookie = 1/2 protein serving is based on the colored plans, though I honestly don't know which color plan the person who posted it was on. I copied the recipe off the Pure Weightloss Website "Pure Chef" forum (before the darn company closed). The online dietician converted regular recipes we submitted to fit the plan and, like the folks on this site, the members posted them for all to share.

However...

I'm on the GOLD plan which has two proteins per day. MY serving size for LF Peanut Butter is 2T = 1 Protein. This should help you in comparing my protein size with whatever plan you're on. I've never experienced a gain from eating them, which is the bottom line for me. Hope that helps!

My DH who is a very picky eater even loves these. They are EASY and YUMMY. Enjoy!
  • That totally helps. I am going to make these tomorrow. I am on Red1 w/o lites and my serving is also 2 Tbls PB/protein

YAYYY - These will make a great breakfast to go with a piece of fruit and a wasa cracker. You rock, and thanks again for the wonderful recipe.

Roberta
  • Ok, these sound REALLY wet! Anyone make them yet?
  • Hi Amy.

Don't worry. I've made them tons of times. The splenda absorbs everything and it's a regular cookie-dough consistency. Hope you give it a try.
  • Okay, I saw this recipe and just had to try it. Delicious. Now I just have to make sure I portion it out and control myself...lol.
  • Well, I found a recipe VERY similar to this yesterday but since it's already here, I won't bother posting it.. It differs just slightly, but basically the same cookie...

Cool!
  • I'd really like to make these this weekend and I LOVE peanut butter!! However, I'm not a big fan of Splenda -is there a substitution that would work just as well?

Thank You!
  • I don't know of any good substitute, sorry. My sister's from Coon Rapids. Great place to live!
  • On another note for portion control (I LOVE peanut butter). I made a batch of the
    'cookie dough' and only baked 4 cookies. Put the rest on a cookie sheet and stuck them in the freezer for a couple of hours and when they were frozen, I put them into a zip loc freezer bag (so they wouldn't stick together) and put them back in the freezer. Then when I want some, I bake them in a small convection type toaster oven a couple at a time.

Roberta
  • Hi Roberta. I've been MIA and just read this. Great tip!
  • I just baked some of these up and they are awesome!!! Can't even tell that they don't have flour or anything in them. Really great recipe!
  • Yes! I made them as well! They are such a treat! I recommend them!