Bag Lunches

• Hey guys! I started a thread months ago with lunch ideas and they were SO helpful. THe only problem this time is I have no oven, fridge or microwave to use.

I'll be in classes all day from 9-4:30. I have two breaks, including the campus lunch break, as well as my workout session from 3-4:30.

Any ideas for packing lunches? I don't want to eat too many sandwiches. I have a lunch bag that I can put icepacks in, so I have some options. I figured veggies, fruit, crackers, cheese....help??

Thanks!
  • I usually make a tuna wrap! It is sooo good! And you can eat it cold. I use tuna and mix it with ff ranch and hot sauce. Then I put it on half of one of those spinach tortillas with some lettuce tomatoe and a little light ranch on top! It is my fav right now! I am getting hungry just thinking about it. I am on TO now so everything sounds soooo good! Hope this helps!
  • You can make pasta salads: mixed greens, peppers, olives, tomatoes, olive oil and cooked pasta stirred in - measurements/amounts according to your plan, of course.
    Egg salad with light mayo and horseradish, separate in a small tupperware container and Wasa crackers.
    Gazpacho soup, that is MEANT to serve cold.

Hope this helps a bit...
  • I have been packing 8oz yougurt with a banana and 1 oz (or 1/2oz) pecan and mix that all together and some veggies like celery or zucchini with some dip. Tuna and crackers is also a good one.
  • I grill up chicken and/or pork for the week. Typically I take it with sliced peppers or cucumbers. I usually top it off with a 100 calorie pack of chips and an apple or some grapes. I've never been a sandwich person, so I would much rather use my starch on something chip like. I also slice and dice hardboiled eggs and scoop them up on to Melba toast. At one point I was a fan of tuna in the pouch. I would pack it with a little thing of fat-free dressing and some crackers.

It's all about making your insulated bag your friend. I really could not survive without mine.
  • I usually make my own "Wendy's Manderine" chicken salad its covers a protein and a full seving of vegies and a fruit. Then I have my afternoon lite for dessert throw in a piece of fruit and a few fresh vegies for your snack and you have energy for the day .