3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Favorite Breakfasts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/131486-favorite-breakfasts.html)

janetp 01-23-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen (Post 2014467)
Janet,

Are they the pears that are almost like a bunch of small bursts together? It's hard to put into words, but i had these once, a girl I worked with (she's Korean) brought them in and I LOVED LOVED LOVED them. i can't find them anywhere!

---------

Hi Amy-
The Japanese pears I eat look a lot like a round yellow apple. They must have fragile skins because they come wrapped in a soft mesh sleeve. And they keep forever in the fridge - like a month or more. Costco is the only place I've seen them, but then I live in western Montana - not exactly a fresh fruit mecca!

cecil 01-23-2008 11:27 AM

Oh how sad! I am a terrible cook! I tried to make the oatmeal pancake last night and it was a disaster. Ugh! I must not have let it cook long enough it fell apart when I tried to flip it. I still ate it with some SF syrup.... it still was good but I messed it up of course thats why I stick to no cooking... ha ha!

bradleys mom 01-23-2008 01:43 PM

Ok, Lynn I tried your Oatmeal Pancakes this morning! And OMG I felt like I was cheating! They were awesome!!! I used strawberry yogurt, and doubled the recipe so I could get 2S and 1P. It was really good! I took the rest of my yogurt and smeared over the top to count as my Dairy. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Debbie24 01-23-2008 03:12 PM

Cecilia dont feel bad, mine fall apart also when flipping and i'm not a expert cook but i cook everyday.

cecil 01-23-2008 05:10 PM

Debbie, thanks! That makes me feel better! At least I am not the only one. I will have to give it another try since I have all the ingredients now.... Ha!

alwayssmilin 01-23-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx (Post 2012583)
Hi Amy,

RF syrup - I think she meant sugar free (SF) syrup. That is what I use.

When I was on a plan with 2 proteins, I used a fruit and yogurt parfait for one of my meals. Usually it was for breakfast, but I switched it up and sometimes had it for lunch or even dinner. It is so filling.

8 oz low fat yogurt (my favorite is Dannon lite and lively vanilla -80 calories, 7 grams of protein, no fat)
serving of fruit per plan (strawberries, pinneaple, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc)
3/4 cup of fiber one cereal

This time of year I use frozen fruit.
Hope this helps,

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

That does help. Thanks Lynn! And congrats on hitting goal!!

Lynx 01-24-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecil (Post 2015419)
Oh how sad! I am a terrible cook! I tried to make the oatmeal pancake last night and it was a disaster. Ugh! I must not have let it cook long enough it fell apart when I tried to flip it. I still ate it with some SF syrup.... it still was good but I messed it up of course thats why I stick to no cooking... ha ha!

Hey everyone of you oatmeal pancake flippers,
Yes, you have to wait until it is settled before flipping it. I use a heat setting between 4 and 5 on my electric stove. So a little less than medium heat because I don't like mine to turn out too dark. It takes maybe 3-4 minutes before you lift it to flip it. Try turning up a corner first to see if it stays together.
Hope this helps.

Lynn

dawn78 01-24-2008 12:36 PM

Amy - how do you count the muffins w/ the cake mix recipe?

How do you all make your homemade sausage? I saw a few people mention sausage, but I’m sorry, I don’t remember who. Do you use the recipe from the recipe thread or is there a recipe in the cookbook? Thanks!

cecil 01-24-2008 12:44 PM

Thanks Lynn! Appreciate the suggestion! I will try this again! Maybe tonight! Ha!

JerseyMadchen 01-24-2008 05:15 PM

Dawn,

The girl who gave me the recipe told me her COD told her to count it as 1S and 1V. When I make them in the 12 muffin pan, I will eat 2 since they are pretty small.

They are really good and really fast!

The next time I make them I may experiment with more seasonings, ground cloves, etc.

Lynx 01-24-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janetp (Post 2014358)
----------
Hi Lynn-
Warm ricotta is my breakfast of choice also. (I love being able to save my starches for snacks later in the day.) I'm glad I read your post about ricotta being too low in protein. To compensate this morning I added protein powder to the cheese before warming it. It changed the flavor slightly - not too bad, but it did need more cinnamon and a little sweetener.

Janet

Why don't you just add the protein powder to water and drink it along with your breakfast of ricotta cheese and then it will not change the taste of the ricotta cheese. Do you count the protein powder? How many calories is it and how much protein?

Lynn
Stabilization (formerly Plan 2 with lites)

jamiam 01-24-2008 09:28 PM

My favorite breakfast is scrambled egg (microwave) on 2 slices of Lite WW bread with ICBINB spray. Some days I crumble my homemade turkey sausage in the egg.

JerseyMadchen 01-24-2008 11:16 PM

Ok, I too am curious about this homemade sausage?!?!?!

momof3boys1girl 01-25-2008 11:52 AM

my favorite breakfast is one egg, 2 pieces of morningstar veggie sausage and 1 piece of toast I usually count this as 1P and 1S

I get the sausage from costco

Repo girl 01-30-2008 04:34 PM

I wanted to share that I added some nutmeg and vanilla to Lynn's pancake recipe and it was fabulous. I am going to get some raisins and try them with it as well. Kind of like a big oatmeal raisin cookie thing. Sounds like it would go great with a cup of coffee!