Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/179/135

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation Recently started exercising...

I started doing 30min on the treadmill every AM and since then I have noticed that I get "dizzy spells" throughout the day, my heart feels weird and I feel light headed. I am getting plenty of water. Did anyone else experience this? I work for a doc and I asked her what she thought and she can't figure it out. HELP?!?!
July19wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

One thing my PT told me when I started working out is that you have to help your body recover immediately following a workout, whether it's with weights or cadio...

Consume lean protein and a fruit right after your work out.. The protein helps continue the calorie burn and the fruit gives your body good carbs and helps with energy recovery..

When I first started my work out routine, I was getting that "blood rush" to the head, and felt woozy... The protein/fruit helped cure that.. Might do the trick for you too...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Are you eating before you work-out? It's just as important to have food in your system before as well as after the work-out.

What's your heart rate at? Do not use the meter on the treadmill, physically take it yourself. Personally, when I'm overworking it, I get the dizzy spells.

Are you sweating? Start either drinking a propel, or use the Crystal Lite with electrolytes in with your water it'll make a difference.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #4  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good advice guys! Definitely make sure you are not overdoing it! Gradually work your way up to where you want to be....and don't ignore symptoms of fatigue etc....don't hurt yourself!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote