pudding question

• Is ff sugarfree chocolate pudding count as a dairy? or....? I'm dying for some chocolate and I' just desperate!
  • On the numbered plan 3/4 cup of ff sugar free pudding made with skim milk counts as a dairy. Enjoy!
  • on the purple plan
    I'm on the purple plan and I don't see pudding listed anywhere. Does that mean that I can't have it??
  • On the color plans yellow or blue, 1/2 c. counts as a starch. I found this in the maintenance book. I was also told 100 calorie snacks count as a starch, just do so in moderation as you would the LAsnacks and chips.

Tracey
  • There might be some on plan homemade recipes for pudding that have been approved on the color coded plans. I am not aware of them. I never looked for one. Bottom line is that pudding even if it is sf ff is not on plan for the color coded plans.

That is one of the differences between the plans.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 63 lbs.
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
    New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
  • I love being able to have pudding. Slice a banana over vanilla, add a spoonful of FF cool whip, instant treat. Also, cherries with chocolate pudding is like a black forest dessert.
  • Quote: On the color plans yellow or blue, 1/2 c. counts as a starch. I found this in the maintenance book. I was also told 100 calorie snacks count as a starch, just do so in moderation as you would the LAsnacks and chips.

Tracey
    Yeh, but that is for on maintenance only. There are lots of foods that appear in maintenance that are not "on plan" during weight loss.

I get my chocolate fix with lites.

Lynn
    LAWL franchise center
    total lost 63 lbs.
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
    New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
  • Thought some of you might like this recipe. Copied and saved tons of recipes off the old PWL (color coded plans) website.

Chocolate Pudding Pie
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups cold skim milk
    1 package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
    1 reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust
    2 cups thawed Fat Free Cool Whip®
    Preparation:
    Pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix. Whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
    Spoon half of the pudding into pie crust.
    Gently stir 1 cup of the whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spoon over pudding layer. Top with remaining 1 cup whipped topping.
    Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
    Makes: 10 servings
    Serving size: 1 slice
    Pure Exchange: 1 Starch, 1 Condiment
    Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.
  • Lynx! Oh if I would have only read this sooner! Oh well, won't due it again.... lol it sure did taste yummie though. Just bought some Slim Fast Optimas for a meal replacement today so maybe that will help me. The luna bars are great, but I'm missing the cold,creamy sweetness..... *crossing fingers* hoping the SlimFast will do the trick.
  • When I was going to the COD, and I am on red w/o lites, I asked about SF pudding. I was told it is perfectly fine to have 3/4 c. SF pudding is 1D. This saved me MANY times, since I do not do lites, and sometimes just needed a sweet fix. Pistachio pudding with a dallop of FF cool whip is YUMMY!!!!

If you have a COD, ask them and see what they say........
  • Mama Nicole... do you know, you just saved me? I'm also on the Red plan but w/ lites *lunas*. This is definitely going to help me remain POP.