3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   What's stopping you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/130968-whats-stopping-you.html)

apple76 01-11-2008 12:03 PM

What's stopping you?

Hello Everyone,
I went to my COD and my counsellor asked me to think about what is stopping me from achieving my goal weight (I've been up and down for months now, and every time I go down - I go up right after, as I tend to sabotage myself...)

And I can't think of anything that would be in my way... :?:

What are your reasons to get off the wagon, to cave in, to loose the drive?

Is it possible that I don't want it for real?! That I am comfortable with who I am? I am confused.........:dizzy:

bradleys mom 01-11-2008 12:09 PM

My reasons... Chocolate. Stress. Social Events. Peer Pressure

rysmommy 01-11-2008 12:13 PM

My stupid reason is all lazyness and food i love food, I am trying to think positive but it's hard i keep thinking im never going to get this under control but yeah... im trying to change that way of thought.

apple76 01-11-2008 12:20 PM

I am looking for reasons WHY I go for chocolate, extra starches, etc.

How come for example eating junk during a social event would be more important than wanting go lose weight? Is it that short-term goals overshadow our long-term dreams because it's easier???

slirpee777 01-11-2008 12:20 PM

That's my problem too-- I love food much too much! And I love nothing better than a good ol' cheeseburger and fries and then to settle in front of the tv and do absolutely nothing until I drag myself to bed. I'm trying my best to change my way of thinking and realize how good it feels to eat right and get off the couch and do something to make myself feel and look better. I made it through one day so far of eating healthy and I'm proud of myself. For one day! Is that good or just sad? I'm hoping a week, a month, 3 months from now I will still be posting and saying how happy I am that I've stuck with it. Willpower is what I need! Anyone know where I can buy some of that? ;-)

apple76 01-11-2008 12:33 PM

Supposedly it's not willpower but SKILLPOWER that we all need.......

amylou7777 01-12-2008 02:13 AM

Wow, how interesting you posted this today. Last night I had finished a POP day of eating, yet I kept catching myself standing in front of the fridge, or staring at my pantry shelves just searching for anything to sabotage myself with. Before I did any serious damage, I googled "diet sabotage" and read a bunch of interesting articles about why we sabotage ourselves from losing weight, or reaching any of our life goals really....

I think instead of focusing on why we always fail, the best thing to do is to think positively. I found an article written by a Dr. who studied why we sabotage ourselves and his advice was to live and think as if you had already achieved your goal. This is also the practice that is taught in the famous DVD/Book "The Secret"

I found some great exerpts from the book that I thought would be helpful....

Have a picture in your mind of what you will look like when you have become the weight that is perfect for you (the weight that feels the best to you). Get pictures of yourself at your perfect weight or pictures of the body you want to have and look at them often.

You must imagine, pretend, act as if, make believe that the perfect weight is yours already.

Make it your intention to look for, admire and inwardly praise people with your idea of perfect-weight bodies.

You cannot attract your perfect weight if you feel bad about your body now. If you feel bad about your body, that is a powerful feeling and you will continue to attract feeling bad about your body. You will never change your body if you are critical of it and find fault with it, and in fact you will attract more weight to you.

And for those POP days:

Create your day in advance by thinking the way you want it to go and you will create your life intentionally.

Think good thoughts everyone!

WebRover 01-12-2008 03:31 AM

Wow, this is really powerful.

"Live and think as if you've already reached your goal."
I'm about 40% to my initial goal and have peeked into the maintainers forum so I can be prepared when I get to goal. But the idea of getting into a maintenance and non-diet mind-set up front is really great.

"Skillpower vs. willpower" is also thought provoking. It's a really different mind-set as well.

Admins, Should this be a sticky perhaps even in the support forum?