3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Is this a good plan? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/130193-good-plan.html)

journey2happiness 01-04-2008 08:27 AM

Is this a good plan?

Hi everyone! :hug:Just wondering if my eating plan for today sounds healthy.

So far for bf I had:
I had two apples, 1/2 cup kefir (it's like yoghurt), and 5 triscuit crackers (100% wholewheat).

Lunch I plan on:

eating 1 cup of a vegetable curry with beans and lentils
no bread

Dinner:
I plan on having a slimfast vannila pwoder shake
5 triscuit crackers

MSTeacher 01-04-2008 08:35 AM

Are you a vegetarian? Either way, I think you need more protein than just the lentils at lunch. Try cottage cheese, or hard cheese, or eggs. Or if you aren't vegetarian - lean chicken and fish are great. Our bodies need enough protein in order to burn fat. Just my 2 cents though.

journey2happiness 01-04-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSTeacher (Post 1980771)
Are you a vegetarian? Either way, I think you need more protein than just the lentils at lunch. Try cottage cheese, or hard cheese, or eggs. Or if you aren't vegetarian - lean chicken and fish are great. Our bodies need enough protein in order to burn fat. Just my 2 cents though.

Yeah I am! The taste of meat always has a metally taste no matter how it's cooked...(makes me feel sick). I've decided to cut out meat. I'm going to try putting in some eggs for more protein. Thanks for the advice!!:hug:

lorilove 01-04-2008 09:54 AM

It does not look like enough calories. Is this something you planned for yourself or did you get this advice from a book, magazine etc.

Are you trying to follow a specific plan (which includes calorie counting).

Remember this is a lifestyle change - if this is not a way of eating that you can keep up for the longterm it is not going to be successful.

Lori

aphil 01-04-2008 10:44 AM

I cannot tell for sure exactly how many calories per day this would be...because I don't have the calorie information for the curry that you are eating, or for the yogurt.

My estimations, however, are that this plan is about 900-1000 calories a day...which is a little too low.

Are you calculating your calories at all? Are you exercising? From what I see, you should try to have a bit more variety-not have this same thing every single day. Maybe try and add 200 or 300 calories a day to this, and make the calories a fruit, and another protein source.

journey2happiness 01-05-2008 11:07 AM

Now that many of you had metined I was lacking some calories so I threw in some more foods yesterday. So my calorie intake went up to 1300. Anything lower than a 1000 cals can not be good. Today since I plan on doing some house work I plan on making my calorie intake 1,500.