3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Take Off (January 2-3, 2008!) Support Thread! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/129993-take-off-january-2-3-2008-support-thread.html)

michie 01-02-2008 01:00 PM

Take Off (January 2-3, 2008!) Support Thread!

Since there are a few of us doing TO today and tomorrow, I decided to start this thread so we can talk about our challenges and whatever comes up! We are strong and we can do this! Good luck!

So far today I've had a cup of tea... I'm going to have my first orange in a bit and some WATER! Water is my savior on TO... I don't feel hungry when I go hardcore on the water. I want to have 2 eggs for breakfast, but with the 6 oz. limit of protein, how do I count that? Would it be like 2 ounces, or what? Color me confused!

Thanks for all of your help in advance! :hug:

aguerin 01-02-2008 01:17 PM

Michie: Regular Eggs are not permitted on TO. You can have Egg Beaters or Egg Whites, but not real eggs. So Don't Do it!

MTdebster921 01-02-2008 01:29 PM

Michie- Amy is right. You can have 1 1/2 cups of eggbeaters per day on TO, so you can have 1/2 c. eggbeaters and then your other 4 oz. protein.

I had 2 oz. chicken and some stir fried cabbage, zuchinni and broccoli with a few onions mixed in. I am going with knudsen's juice this time.

My biggest challenge of all time right now is getting my water in. I hate drinking water when it is cold outside. I would rather drink coffee, but I have limited myself to just one cup this morning.

sscott 01-02-2008 01:44 PM

I'm doing alright today. I did have 2 cups of coffee. I forgot about the one cup rule...opps. I had my orange for breakfast and a salad with a little tuna and an orange for lunch. I don't feel too bad. I actually feel a little better. Getting that crud out of me feels so much better. I know I am really losing a lot of that extra water. I keep having to go to the bathroom. :)

I am planning on having chicken with stir-fried green veggies for supper, and oranges for snacks. I can have 2 lites today, right?

michie 01-02-2008 01:53 PM

Stacy- As long as you're limiting your protein to 6 oz. you can have Lites. If you are having unlimited protein you don't get them. Pretty sure that's the way it is... I could be wrong! It would be a first in my life, but it could happen! ;)

Deb & aguerin- Thanks for the warning! Lol! I will have some egg whites instead I guess. The tea I had this morning made me feel sick, so I will start eating now that I am feeling better.

BTW Deb, I just joined TBL Challenge too! I have never done anything like it, so it should be fun! We can help keep each other on track!

MTdebster921 01-02-2008 02:10 PM

Stacy, you can have 2 cups of coffee, I just am trying to cut back because I could live of the stuff when it is cold outside. So don't feel bad.

I have gotten in 24 oz. of water so far. Gotta keep chuggin.

off to work now, I'll check in tonight or tomorrow.

cntdwnto30 01-02-2008 02:30 PM

Im doing the unlimited since I just restarted so I hope you dont mind me joining this thread. Im doing ok. The only challange that I have is the water. Its 20 degrees in my area and I would really love to live on hot tea and coffee today but I cant drink it withought milk and sugar.

michie 01-02-2008 03:48 PM

I thought the same thing about tea when I started dieting.. how can I drink it with no sugar??? But surprisingly, it isn't as bad as you'd think. You can also try Splenda I think. Not sure if it's ok on TO, but that is a good substitute.

Good luck in the next few days! You can do this!

ChopperChick355 01-02-2008 08:52 PM

Well I actually started the TO yesterday and it went well, I had 8 oz of FF juice mixed with 8 oz water and of course an additional 12 oz water plus half a LA Lite for breakfast then for morning snack I had another 8 oz of FF juice mixed with 8 oz water and of course an additional 12 oz water plus half a LA Lite this way I could have 3 oz chicken breast with 3 cups of lettuce for lunch then for mid afternoon snack and evening snack I had 8 oz of FF juice mixed with 8 oz water and of course an additional 12 oz water plus half a LA Lite but for supper I had 3 oz chicken breast with 1/2 cup cooked green beans. I also did the same exact thing today so hopefully there is weight loss tomorrow morning when I weigh. You know I really haven't noticed myself having to use the restroom alot today though, should I be? This is my first time doing the TO program. Then do you just follow your regular plan tomorrow?

ChopperChick355 01-02-2008 08:53 PM

Oh yeah I do also dring lots of water through out the day but that is normal for me because I do not drink coffee, tea or pop for the past 8 maybe 9 years

bunnylubber13 01-02-2008 09:53 PM

I really hate doing TO, mostly because I feel like I'm hungry for two days. I'm not very good at coming up with veggie recipes on my own, so I don't eat as many as I should be. Does anyone have any good recipes that might help?

michie 01-03-2008 12:06 AM

Bunnylubber- Are there any green veggies that you like to snack on? That's the only way i get my veggies in regularly. I'm not a veggie cooking kind of person. I do however enjoy grilled green peppers. Steamed broccoli is nice. And I love spinach. And if you don't like any of that... just suck it up and do it! Otherwise you will feel hungry and that isn't fun! I do notice water and veggies help with my appetite A LOT! Good luck tomorrow..

reda- It sounds like your TO was good.. hopefully you do see a shift down the scale! But if you don't... remember that it does take time. If you're committed the weight will just fall off!

How did everyone else do today??? I wasn't very hungry all day. I was sort of forcing myself to eat. I had some tea this morning that made me feel sick-ish and since then i haven't wanted to eat. Weird! I did have my 6 oz. of protein and 2 la lites though. Had some random veggies... but not too much. I also went to the gym for a while today. So overall, good day. Hopefully tomorrow will be as easy to stay OP.

Good luck to you all for tomorrow... I'm off to do some homework. :(

Michelle

shshshhh 01-03-2008 07:32 AM

Question for you guys:

When you do a TO, (I just did one and lost 4 pounds), do you gain some back? I weighed myself this morning and put back 1.5 pounds aftr a regular plan day yesterday.

Thanks
Roberta

sscott 01-03-2008 09:32 AM

Good morning! Yesterdays TO went well for me. I wasn't too hunry and went to bed feeling good about the day! I am hungry this morning, though! The scale at home showed I was down 1.8. I wish it was more. I am so mad at myself to the 5+ lbs I gained over Christmas and New Year. I just want it all gone. The worst part is my DH ate everything I ate and lost a pound! No fair! I have not been this discouraged since starting the program. I need to get my head above water again and do what I am supposed to do. I also need to go to the COD and face the music!

Roberta - I have not gained after a TO, but I have heard other people who have. It is usually just water weight.

angemama 01-03-2008 12:47 PM

Whoa! Totally confused! My TO plan has nothing about oranges on it??? Should I have been eating oranges since yesterday? lol