Old 01-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #106  

Brighten, I envy you that your hubby is involved when you are doing Bible study. Mine doesn't get involved at all. In fact, he rarely goes to church anymore with me. He does help with laundry though, so I guess I'll keep him around. lol

Shy, don't worry about it, I'm not. No rush. Good luck with that harddrive!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #107  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Beach Babe View Post
Shy Moment: Nice to read you here. As soon as you get that hard drive all fixed I hope you will be back with us more.

Nicole: Your Yorkie is beautiful...One of my daughter and hubby have one that weighs 3 lbs...A very tiny one filled with vim and vigor. His name is Sam. What name did you give your sweet girl?

I am off to my church today. Going to sing with all my heart praises to Him who loves us regardless. Blessings to you all.

I tried another of Alli's breakfasts and through it out and made it over to my so called liking...It was called "Cinnamon-Raisin Toast with Ricotta Cheese".
didn't really care for my make over either but ate it..Threw the recipe away. So far the other breakfasts have been fine.

Some of the recipes on 2-fat chicks are better. just have to check the fats.
2 more days until weigh in...Hope sis and I lost some weight.
Thanks for all the "cute" comments everyone. Her name is Baby.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #108  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Diet anything is yucky and would never cross my lips lol I don't even eat artificial sweeteners in anything.

I would love to have a Yorke. They HATE me. I always wanted one. We decided to get me a another dog. We looked at dozens of them ( I am not kidding ) they are the only dog I have ever seen that doesn't like me lol. I was heart broken. Nicole yours is beautiful.

Tammy
I haven't forgotten you. Had two birthdays this month so money was a bit tight. Will get that shipped out as soon as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been having a terrible time. Hard drives going POOF POOF POOF. I have it all held together with bubble gum and bailing wire until my new parts come in.
Trust me, they won't all hate you! If you've encountered Yorkies that were older, I can see why they may dislike you. Some Yorkies are very protective of their owner. Some people even call them armpit piranhas. My Yorkie, on the other hand, is the FRIENDLIEST dog ever! She will run and jump on everyone and kiss them to death! She hates nobody!

So, the answer to your Yorkie dilemma would be to get a 12 week old puppy. Then you can mold him/her how you like and they will LOVE you to death.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #109  

Hi everyone! Lazy day today. It's about 10 degrees, and I don't want to go anywhere. I did go to church this morning, but that's about it. Food has been ok, but the exercise has been non-existent today. Hopefully I'll get back into the groove tomorrow. I'm meeting a group of women that I taught with for lunch tomorrow. Some of us are retired (hooray!) and others are still teaching. We try to get together once a month just to stay in touch. Those of us who are retired try to do lunch once a month also.

Hope you are all warmer than it is here!!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #110  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Nicole

We have seen young ones, old ones and everything in between. Have gone to 6 different breeders. Those that don't hate me ignore me lol. They loveeee my husband. I have heard him say to the sweet little things. SHE is the one you have to love if you want to come home with us lol. I do have one from time to time when they are found and a shelter is needed in between homes. I take in Maltese and ****s too. I have been here for ages lol. Just having hard drive problems. Going to build a new system next weekend then I will be around all the time again.

Brighten
We have a lab and are looking for another one since Pepper isn't going to be with us much longer. She is almost 13. We have been looking for a Malamute for a long time but haven't found the right one yet. I would love another cat but Sir Winkie would eat it so another cat is out of the question. Sir Winkie is meannnnnnnnn lol. He even terrorizes the ****s and Maltese when we have them here.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #111  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good morning to everyone. I've not lost a pound in all of 3 weeks! So frustrating. Yesterday didn't help. I was over at a friend's house for the Giants/Packers game (I couldn't care less, don't like football, but never turn down a party) and ate all of the wrong things. Today I'm sticking to soup and veggies. May get out the exercise tapes too since I don't have to go to work. We have today off as a holiday.

Nicole - love the armpit pirahana comment! I had a Yorkie/Poodle mix, I called her a Yoodle, and she was the best little dog but boy would she take on anything that she felt was a threat. Especially the boots of the UPS man. He thought it was hysterical the way she'd go after his boots! She lived to be almost 17 and was the best dog I'd ever had.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #112  

I'm a mess. Kramer (our dachsund) died during the night. I knew that he hadn't been himself lately, so in a way I was kind of expecting it sometime, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. Called our son to let him know, and he and I are going to meet halfway this afternoon to just give each other a hug. Kramer just turned 14 last week. I'm a mess.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #113  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default So Sorry!

Tammy, I am so sorry you lost your Krammer...this is a time I can say "I understand" having lost my precious Tiffany a few years back. We grieve for our pets just like we grieve for a loved one. Please nuture yourself and shed those tears...give your son a hug for me too!

Bobbijean, it has to be frustrating to try so hard and not lose weight (on the scale) but perhaps your body has lost fat but gained muscle...do you exercise a lot? Whatever the reason don't give up, this Alli plan is a good plan.

Tammy, a question? I tried to put my weekly weight loss in but cannot remember how to do it?

Sis, I just know you did well this week...can't wait to see you stats!
I love you sis.

It's in the 20's her today but the sun is shining.

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #114  

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon Girls. Water class today and also weigh in...Lost 7 lbs...and feel good.

Tammy: Honey, My heart goes out to you on the death of your doggie. I had to put ours down in August, so know how broken your heart is. We still miss ours so much...When you see your son, hug and hug him again and cry it out together. I don't think a person ever gets over the lost of a loving pet. Oh life goes on and then we get another but there are just certain pets that live on in our hearts. My heart aches for you.

I typed my post about an hour ago and it didn't post so having to do it again. Also printing out the directions for new sig...but even that didn't work right...will try again later. I kept putting in www.3fatchicks.com/weight - tracker/ like the direction say, but it keeps saying Not valid.

Shy: Please hug and pet Pepper for all of us. Enjoy every moment with him

Bobbi: Yes, get the real Ice Cream out of your house...I bought some no sugar Frozen Fruit Pops to enjoy and also made Diet Jello to have at night watching TV. Hang in there with us. You can make it.

Sis: I too tried to put my tracker in, even printed out the direction so no advail...I am proud of your 8 lbs loss...I am 1 lb. behind you but so happy too...7 down 3 more to go this month. Anything past the 10lbs in a month is a bonus...I love you so much.

Last edited by Bionic Beach Babe; 01-21-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, just been going through the weekly posts. Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. I have 2 pugs that are like 2 more of my kids, and had a cockapoo from the time I was 5 until I was 23. They are family.
Today is my weigh in day 169lbs! Thats down 5 for the first Alli week.
Its been a rough weekend. I am usually on the constipated side, so I though Alli would help with that. I started Alli last week and hadnt gone since last Sunday. Thursday I ate a little extra pot roast, hoping that would help. Friday I decided to give mother nature a push and take a lax, and have been so sick and tired ever since. Staying close to the bathroom.
I am taking today off, just soups and water, and will have to go back to my regular routine of stool softners. Anyone else have chronic constipation problems taking Alli? I dont want to wait too long again or take too much, lol.

Thanks,
Barb

Last edited by barbmarie; 01-21-2008 at 04:35 PM.
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #116  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Hi Barb, nice to see you...good thing to get right on track again when we start to gain...good for you!

I am still having a problem with finding the site and getting my weight loss
(8 lbs this week) on the ticker but I will figure it out sooner or later with the help of my sister.

I shall try again now...

Take care and keep on keeping on!

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #117  
My soul will smile again

Height: 5'5"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by ScorpioSunshine; 12-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.
ScorpioSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #118  
My soul will smile again

Height: 5'5"

~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by ScorpioSunshine; 12-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.
ScorpioSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #119  

Thanks for all of your kind comments about us losing Kramer. Just when I think that I'm doing ok, I'll see something or do something that reminds me of him and I burst into tears. Met our son halfway today to exchange hugs and tears. It did us all good to do that. As of right now, I will not be getting another pet.

Bobbi, if you are exercising, that could be part of the weight not dropping. It may just drop all at once.

Brighten, are you talking about at the Alli site for the weight? I haven't done it in so long, I forget how! Maybe someone else can guide you in the right direction. 8 pounds is super!!!! What a great week for you!!!

Bionic, 7 pounds is wonderful!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Maybe someone else can help out with the signatures. I am awful about giving directions on how to do things on the computer. I do know that if you go to the User CP at the top of the page, it takes you to the tracker thing. Then you go to the Edit Signature. There are directions on that page. I know one thing that I kept messing up on when I first started using it was that I would forget to SAVE the signature after I had previewed it.

Barb, good going on the 5 pounds!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! When I started alli in the summer, I had the same problem with constipation, and since I've started back on it, I've had it again.

Scorpio, welcome!!! Lots of support here, that's for sure. There are several who are just starting on the Alli journey, so everyone can compare notes.

My hubby knew how upset I've been today, and he went to town and bought me a Klondike bar! I'll be journaling it soon. I'm under on calories and fats today, so that's ok. I did go to the Y for an hour this morning, and I think I'll go in the morning.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #120  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tammy
That was sweet of him. Nothing wrong with a not good for me snack from time to time.

Brigh
On the upper left side of the screen you will see user cp click on that. Then click on edit signature. You will find instructions there to set up a ticker.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote