Old 01-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #46  

Well, I made it to the Y yesterday!! I spent time on the machines in the cardio room, then I rode the bike, then walked on the treadmill. I felt pretty good!! THEN my back started hurting last night. Had trouble sleeping because of the Pain. I don't get it. Those machines are the same ones that I used when I had physical therapy for the back pain. I know that I didn't overdo it. I just took 1/2 of a vicodin for the pain, and I'll be going back to bed soon.

When we return from our trip to GA (month of Feb.), I plan to get together with the gal from the Y who works with people on a fitness program. It is free for Y members who have the cardio option on their membership. That's me!

Sue, that burrito sounds yummy! When I was doing Alli before I took my lengthy break from it, I would have eaten half of that and saved the rest for the next day. I really didn't have TE from eating stuff like that. I know on days when I would overdo on the fat at one meal, I made sure that I didn't overdo or I even went lower on other meals that day. Maybe that's why it never bothered me? Had a chuckle about the cookie!!!

Sorry to hear about the no walking! Hopefully the time will go quickly for you.

If my back feels better later today, I plan to hit a mall. I have a coupon for Borders/Walden books, and another one for CJBanks that are eating holes in my pockets. My son gave me a gift certificate for CJBanks, so with the coupon I can go crazy!!

We finally set a date to head south. We leave here on Jan. 29. We'll take a couple days to get there, but we'll be in Jekyll Island, GA, on Jan. 31. I'm really looking forward to the time away and hopefully warmer weather!! We leave there on Feb. 28 and head to Disney World. My nephews will be marching in a parade there with their HS band. That's the school I retired from, so I know most of the kids. It will be fun. From there we head to Tampa to visit Hubby's brothers and their families. We'll be back in Ohio sometime the first week of March. I have a laptop that I'm taking along, so I will still be able to be in touch.

mdm, welcome to the crew!!! Stress can do weird things to our bodies, that's for sure. Keep a positive attitude, come here and post, and we'll all be doing what we need to as a group!! We can encourage each other, and I do think that helps.

Shy, only losing 5 pounds a week? I want 10 or 20!!! lol I think we both know that slow and steady is the game, and we are both on the slow plan. I have one of the Leslie Sansome dvd's that I haven't even tried yet. I need to get in gear!! I did just rejoin the Y this week. I got a single membership with the cardio room option. With taxes, the total was $540 for a year. I'm not sure how much it is a month because they do have that option. Bob told me to just pay for the year, and then I don't have to think about it. If I find that I don't use it as much as I need to, I won't renew next year.

chubbystress, welcome to you also!!!! Love that picture of the rose!! When I first started on alli last summer, I didn't lose right away either. But then I'd have a big drop. I think our bodies take some getting used to a different way of eating. Don't give up!! I know once I started losing, I was doing great until my husband became ill in Sept., then I went off the program. Should have kept it up, but at that time I had more on my mind than losing weight. I am impressed that you are walking 2 miles a day! WOW!!! I feel good if I walk 1 mile anymore. When I was still working, I was easily getting in the walking, but now since I've retired and hubby has been ill, I just don't get out and do as much as I used to. Keep up the good work and keep posting here. We all need to support each other in this new journey in our lives.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #47  

Tammy sounds you are off to a good start with the exercise and back to eating good. you sound like you are going to have quite the adventure with all that traveling. I am glad your husband is well enough to travel and get around now. what an ordeal for the both of you !!

Have a good day all !
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 AM   #48  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Tammy
I am remodeling a house lol. 500 dollars will put a new wood floor in another room lol. I love leslie, I have about 10 or 12 of them now. I do a different one twice a day. Hope your back starts feeling better. Maybe you used the machines a bit differently when you were doing therapy. When I had the frozen shoulder. I was doing most of the upper body workout that I am doing now. That is the only way I know I am doing it right for sure lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #49  

I just reread my message. My Y membership with taxes was $440 not $540.

Sue,when we head south, I'll be doing most of the driving. That's why we aren't driving straight through like we used to do. Hubby still isn't sure if he'll be going to Disney to watch the parade though. I do feel like I've been doing well this week. Hopefully I'll lose a pound or two soon.

Shy, I know the Y is alot of money. Our house isn't very old, so we really don't have much here to spend it on. lol You might be right about the way I was using the machines. Maybe I'll be super careful when I go to the Y again, and do less weight and/or less repetitions.

I haven't done much today. A load of laundry is about it. I did get cards addressed for birthdays. I wanted to do that before we leave because there are several that I need to mail from GA. I need to remember to put them someplace where I won't forget them!!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone...I got Alli late yesterday at Costco...150 starter kit for $64.00...Very good buy...

I will be reading the information and checking in at their web site and Starting the Alli Program Monday. They say to eat low fat a couple days before starting.

I wish you girls all the best in the world and thank you for your help.

Back Monday....
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 PM   #51  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Beach Babe View Post
Hi Everyone...I got Alli late yesterday at Costco...150 starter kit for $64.00...Very good buy...

I will be reading the information and checking in at their web site and Starting the Alli Program Monday. They say to eat low fat a couple days before starting.

I wish you girls all the best in the world and thank you for your help.

Back Monday....
Congrats! I really love the Alli so far! I can't wait to hear about your experiences.
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #52  
Rennie

Tammy
The reason I thought that was one of the upper body exercises I am doing is laying on the floor, lifting weights over my head to the floor and then back to my sides. I was doing the same thing with a cane with weights on it for therapy. I was hurting my shoulder with the weights. I realized I didn't have my hands out far enough. As soon as I moved them out just a couple more inches, no more shoulder pain. Not doing something quite right really makes a difference. Great find, went to an auction for an old house. I was talking to the owner and I got all the hard wood flooring from one of the rooms ( they are tearing the house down ) for 100 dollars. My gosh I couldn't have bought that at any store for less than probably 1000 dollars.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #53  

Way to go Bionic! I think that is a great buy for the starter kit with so many in it.

Shy, I think when I go back to the Y on Monday, I'll check to see if there is anyone around who could show me on the machines to make sure that I'm using them right. You did great on getting that flooring!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Just chatted with my son. He is an RA this semester. Since he is flying to GA for 4 nights in Feb., he can't come home for a weekend in Jan. before we leave. I've been in tears, and I know that is silly. We can go to see him, but it will only be for a few hours. He mentioned not seeing the dog till March, so maybe we can take the dog with us when we go visit. Kind of puts a damper on going out to eat though. lol
Old 01-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #54  
Rennie

Tammy
I did use the blow flex when the hubby was home. He of course says leave it alone you are going to hurt yourself lol. I find I would rather do my walking/vidoes and exercises with the stretch cords than mess with that machine.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #55  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Hi Sis, I finally found this site and registered. Hello everyone! Bionic Beach Babe is my sister. I am set to start the "Alli" program on Monday the 14th of January. I will most likely not check in every day but when I do I will try to encourage all of you. I myself need lots of encouragement and push!
My pledge to you is: I will walk at least 20 minutes three days a week rain or shine...That's saying a lot since I live in the beautiful NW where we get lots of rain!
Have a great day everyone...I hope I fit in here.

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #56  

welcome brighton of course you fit in here !! we are all happy to have you with us any questions ask away !!

bionic that was a great deal on Alli ! dont forget to sign up at the alli site as you get rewards for staying on the program. The site is very confusing i like it here better but it does have infor that may be of help to you..

Good luck alli cats ! sue
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #57  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Thanks for the welcome Sue.

Sis you must have missed my post since you did not comment?

I could not eat dinner tonight because of an upset tummy so will be better able to start a very low-fat program tomorrow.

I was happy to read some people still drink Lattes...I want to cut back on my coffee since I drink it with creamer and Splenda.

Addicted to Diet Pepsi...cannot find info about whether it's not allowed on Alli program?

See you all on Monday.

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #58  

Shy, I'm sure I would hurt myself with the bow flex machine. I was on a machine at the Y the other day, and I got off of it when I realized that I was going to do some terrible damage to myself OR the machine. I went for a walk today, and it felt good. My lower back was hurting by the time I got back. I only was gone about 15 minutes, but that's usually when it starts to hurt.

Welcome to Brighten!! Glad that you found us. We're glad to have someone else to talk to as we get healthier in 2008. I am also a Diet Pepsi drinker. I drink it all the time. Hope your tummy feels better!!

I ate very well today, so maybe one of these years I'll have a loss. Still haven't started TOM. I wish this menopause deal would make up it's mind!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 269/250/135

Height: 5ft3

Hey Everyone I wanted to ask is everyone eating their targeted amount? and would it be ok not too because I don't feel hungry enough to eat more. I bought a lot of fat free foods to replace the fatty things in my diet and like today I only had 1100... and i think my target was 1800 or something like that not sure I'll have to double check and probably like half the fat grams is all im taking in. I've lost 5lbs since i started the lowfat diet and then alli after the 3 days. Then of course I have only excerised about 20 mins a day just walking... I also started taking hoodia today. i take 2 500mg before dinner and lunch but if I have to eat more I will... I just don't want to get stuck in a few weeks/month and have nowhere to drop my calories if I'm making any sense. Oh and I had a few side effects today but not nothing to stop me from taking it. How is everyone else doing?
mdm20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #60  

mdm the hardest thing for me is getting my fat grams and cals. up there ! years and years of low fat dieting, for me was the hardest part. you said you bought fat free things at the store, i assume that was dairy products ? try the low fat kind next time you buy them. it puts your fat grams higher. I don't think hitting your fat grams is too much of a mistake. Ladies, what do you think ? Just make sure to hit close to you cal grams. i never made it to 1800 a day. i tried 1500 -1400 and it seemed to work ok for me. just dont go lower than that. Your body will hold on to all the fat it can if you go lower than that . I only got my fat grams in when i wasnt on alli eating pizza, cookies, ice cream, and junk. Alli kept me away from that so i lost weight.

Brighten the only pure endulgence i give myself is coffee with creamer in the morning ! I say enjoy it ! plus it helped get my fat grams up there too. I use to drink soda too. not much but a little. I read where the phosphate in the carbination pulls calcium from your bones and dark sodas can give a person bladder cancer. but that was last week i am sure that in a few weeks they will change their minds and say it prevents cancer and strenghtens bones !!

have a great sunday alli cats !! sue