Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/249.6/160

Default 250lbs calorie intake?

O.K. I have been on lawl for the past 3 weeks. At first I wasnt getting all my portions in and I was just maintaining my current weight, but now that I ate everything I gained 3lbs. I keep telling them that I have to be on the wrong plan, but they are not listening. I am starting to loss my patients with them. I feel like they are telling me what someone trained them to say. They have not idea how to help me beyond that.

I understand that this program does work for some people, and I believe that it could work for me if they put me on another plan. The plan I am on is plan 4. The councelor today said it was about 2000 calories. I think that is too many calories.

Someone please help!!
mrs Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

How frustrating! Not only are you paying for support and guidance but you gained weight. I am sorry you aren't getting the help you need. Can you ask to talk to a manager?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Mrs Diva, Generally they like to give it about 3 weeks before they adjust your plan... so just go back and ask again. Some counselors will never change your plans and some are very open to it. So just be insistent, and say this is not working for you. Everyone is different and I've heard of many folks who did great after some initial adjustements. So don't dispair. You paid for their help so don't be shy about asking for a change. Also you have go give it a true shot at working too.. so that is why they want to give you a period of time to see how you will react, since weight just fluctuates from day to day and it really does take a few weeks to be sure.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #4  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

On the Plan 4, how many of each food type do you get. Just wanted to compare it with the colored plan I was on at that weight (which wasn't too long ago). I had (center gone) a great conselor that made some adjustments to my plan for me at that weight if I slowed down, so just wanted to compare the plans before I tell you what she suggested to me.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #5  

on plan 4

3 1/2 protein 4 veggies 4 fruits 5 starches 3 dairy 2 fats and 2 La lites
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Wow, that seems like an awful lot of food. My weight is around yours and I follow the red plan which is 2 1/2 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 1 dairy, 1 fat, and 2 lites. Of course I've changed it up a little since I don't do the lites, I add a fruit, starch, and dairy. Hope that helps you some with comparing your plan.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Joyloe and Mrs. Diva:

Remember both plans are totally different in terms of the size of the portions. Lynn posted a great explanation to someone who had similar concerns on another thread, she said it like comparing apples to oranges, so just don't go by amounts of portions. I tried to find Lynn's post, she explained it so eloquently, but I couldn't.

When they changed the plans, the numbered plans are similar to the color coded plans in terms of calories, they updated the plans (numbered) and distributed the foods differently to coincide with the Glycemic Index like other diets like Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig (that was how my COD explained it to me).

I will look again for Lynn's post and if I find it, will paste the link to it here.

OK - Here you go, found this comparison:

Green translates to Plan 1 2 P, 2 V, 2 Fr, 2 S, 1 D, 1 Fat
Gold translates to Plan 2 2.5 P, 3 V, 2 Fr, 3 S, 2 D, 2 Fats
Purple translates to Plan 3 3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2 fats
Red translates to Plan 4 3.5 P, 4V, 4FR, 5S, 3D, 2 fats
Red 1 translates to Plan 5 4P, 5V, 4F, 7S, 3D, 3 fats

Sorry, I don't have the serving sizes for the numbered plans, but you can see the comparable plans listed above which are supposed to also be comparable in calories. They did this also to standardize the portion sizes which are different in the color coded plans. When you go to a certain color plan, the portion sizes changed (got smaller). This way, they are all the same and the plan information books are identical no matter which plan you follow, the diaries are just different in terms of servings allowed.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 03-20-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Found information to add to post
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #8  

hi,
Very helpful info. What would the Blue Plan translate to? I am assuming Plan 2 or 3. I have info for both but am trying to decide which way would be better for me. If you do a search for "Numbered Plans" that is where Lynn's post is. If I find it I will bump it up.

Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #9  

Found it for you! It is Numbered Plans thread with 3 pages.

Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #10  

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to up my water intake and cardio, also put myself on plan 3 and see how that works.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #11  

Great job Tracey - thanks for finding that information. I don't have the Blue plan information converted to a numbered plan, but maybe you can post that question on a new thread and I am sure someone will jump in and give the information to you. These folks are wonderful.

Roberta
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

I'm on that plan too, I weigh 187 and am on plan 4. I thought it was a lot of food too and after eating it I don't suspect I'll be losing weight. But I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck with your weight loss. Be firm with them, remember you're paying them for help so they need to step up and adjust the program to fit you.
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #13  

Okay, I think that makes sense. So that means that the numbered plan's servings are smaller than the red plan's serving size, right? Thanks for your help. It confused me when I saw all her servings...lol. Here's another question for you, if you don't mind. How will I know when to switch plans and which color plan do I change to?

Last edited by joylove26; 03-20-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #14  

Default When to switch plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylove26 View Post
Okay, I think that makes sense. So that means that the numbered plan's servings are smaller than the red plan's serving size, right? Thanks for your help. It confused me when I saw all her servings...lol. Here's another question for you, if you don't mind. How will I know when to switch plans and which color plan do I change to?
Joylove

I don't have that information but plenty of people have switched plans as they have lost weight so i am sure someone will volunteer that info. I know it depends on your height, how much you have to lose and your activity level. And I read on another thread that on the numbered plans, the protein sizes are 4 ounces (I think it is cooked weight).

I am doing a plan without lites because of a soy allergy. They said I would switch to to purple at 180. I would not go lower than Purple. Remember, one plan higher for me because I am not doing the lites, so if you are doing the Lites, you have to adjust accordingly. (Ideal weight plus 35). Purple is: 2P, 2S, 4V, 3F, 1D, 2 Fats, 2 Lites

Next one down is Blue and from that point to the lower color coded plans, subtract 2 ounces of protein per serving, so the 7 ounces of chicken becomes 5 and 5 ounces of beef become 3 ounces, etc.

Blue: 2.1/2P (portions are smaller) 3S, 3V, 3F, 1D, 1Fat, 2 Lites

Roberta
Old 03-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #15  

Roberta, thanks so much. You are wonderful. I'm doing red without lites because the soy I've heard is not good for my thyroid. I guess I'll just make the switches when I stop losing for a while with the current plan.