Old 01-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I think the portion sizes are bit different between the colored and numbered plans too. Especially the protein servings.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

I just dropped to Plan 1 with lites at 147 lbs - I'm 5'5". I only have a few more weeks of paid weight loss and I asked them today what I could do without the lites. I was told I could add a protein, starch and fat but he didn't say whether that was for one bar or two. I did buy the Luna bars just in case. The bars help with my sweet tooth.

P.S. I do HLW every night. One large coffee mug full.
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #18  

Hi,

Did numbered plans come before or after the colored plans? Someone said Carb Cravers was replaced with Combos? Could some one explain exactly what numbered plans are?

Thank you so much
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #19  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Numbered plans are for LA Weightloss and Colored are for Pure Weightloss? I think? You might want to wait and see if anyone else responds.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
Hi,

Did numbered plans come before or after the colored plans? Someone said Carb Cravers was replaced with Combos? Could some one explain exactly what numbered plans are?

Thank you so much
Tracey

This gets confusing. I will try to answer it as simply as I can. LA Weightloss was one company and it had franchise (owner operated) and corporate owned centers. There was one weight loss plan and the various plans within the program are designated by colors, red, purple, gold, etc.

Then the two owners went their separate ways. The corporate owned portion of the business because Pure Weight loss and kept the colored coded plans.
The franchise part of the business kept the name, LA Weight loss and they introduced a newer version of the weight loss plan in the Summer of 2007. The Free to Live Menu Plan and it has various plans and they are numbered.

Both plans are very good plans; but they are like comparing apples and oranges. To be successful, you need to follow closely one plan or another.

The corporate part of the business closed shop on Jan 4 so those people who are following the color coded plans are on their own without a COD to weigh in or to get help from.

Carb Cravers is part of the color coded plans and is something available for those on one of those plans. It does not exist on the numbered plans. It is just one of many differences between the color coded plans and the numbered plans.

I have said this before and I will say it again here. I have been on both the color coded plans and the numbered plans. They are both great plans. I, however, would not recommend that someone switch to the numbered plans unless you have the complete menu plan documentation. The reason is this - they are numerous changes and it is not just to the portion sizes. I have to refer to the booklet quite often. If you want to be successful, follow the plan that you have the complete information for.

It is also important that one someone asks a question on this forum that you specify whether you are asking for help regarding the color coded plans or the numbered plans. That is the only way that you will get the correct answer for the plan that you are following.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Last edited by Lynx; 01-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #21  

Thank you so much Lynn!

I think I am finally understanding.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #22  

One thing further that I want to add is that both plans are nutritionally balanced in their own way and it is important to utilize the plans the way they were intended. They both were designed for weight loss, but with different emphases. Hope this helps.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #23  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Lynn I love your quote. But Why cant I have my dessert and be thinner too?!?!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimberly, I think the answer is yes, but only if it is made with splenda and coolwhip free. Or SF jello.... or the all time favorite at my house. SF Jello with coolwhip free on top! The dessert of dieters.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #25  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

LOL Barbara thats funny you say that... I brought SF jello to work today to snack on because I felt extra hungry this morning!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
Lynn I love your quote. But Why cant I have my dessert and be thinner too?!?!
Hey Kimberly,
Just for you I changed my motto - check it out.

Last edited by Lynx; 01-04-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #27  
LAWL

I am on plan 4, and looking at everyone elses makes me wonder if its right for me. I am 195, 5'6" and want to lose 55 lbs.
3 1/2 Proteins
4 Fruits
4 Veggies
5 Starches
3 Dairy
2 Fat
3 Condiments
8 Water
NO LITES
jewel659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #28  

Hi Jewel,
It is hard for us to tell if you are on the right plan. We don't have access to the height and weight charts used by LAWL. Right off the bat I can tell you that you were placed on a plan one higher because you are not doing lites. So that means they placed you originally on plan 3. If you have any special medical conditions that is often a reason for them to put you on a higher plan. I know that is what happened to me.
I know it seems like a lot of food, but this is a "eat more, balanced food plan" and it works.
Maybe someone else closer to your height and weight will chime in, but I say give it a try.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 287.8/????/180

Height: 5' 7.5"

So... ok, I know I'm on the smaller of the 2 red plans, and I know the next one down is purple and I should be going on it soon (actually, before I stopped going, the girls at my center put me on the purple plan for 2 weeks before one of the big wigs said they put me on it too early, so I went back to red). My centers closed around fall of last year so I'm left to fend for myself. Do you guys know which # plan coincides with purple?

Last edited by marauderpig25; 01-06-2008 at 07:01 PM.
marauderpig25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderpig25 View Post
So... ok, I know I'm on the smaller of the 2 red plans, and I know the next one down is purple and I should be going on it soon (actually, before I stopped going, the girls at my center put me on the purple plan for 2 weeks before one of the big wigs said they put me on it too early, so I went back to red). My centers closed around fall of last year so I'm left to fend for myself. Do you guys know which # plan coincides with purple?
Dear Maurader,

From what I know, some people who were on purple went to plan 3 and some went to plan 2. It depended, as always, on their height and weight.
I have been on both the color coded plans and the numbered plans. They are both great plans. I, however, would not recommend that someone switch to the numbered plans unless you have the complete menu plan documentation. The reason is this - they are numerous changes and it is not just to the portion sizes. I have to refer to the booklet quite often. If you want to be successful, follow the plan that you have the complete information for. One thing further that I want to add is that both plans are nutritionally balanced in their own way and it is important to utilize the plans the way they were intended. This is not a mix and match type situation. They both were designed for weight loss, but with different emphases. Hope this helps.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight