Old 01-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default Anyone Tried The Reverse Diet

I was watching Xtreme Weight Loss on tv earlier and it featured Tricia Cunningham discussing The Reverse Diet plan, where the idea is that you eat your dinner at breakfast, a smaller meal mid-day and then your breakfast at dinnertime. I've been looking around on the internet and people have mentioned that it reminds them of the old saying: "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper."

Has anyone tried this?
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've heard of it before, my foods teacher in high school used to say thats how we should eat, because if we eat a bigger breakfast we have all day to work off the calories. I dunno if it would work for me though lol
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Some days I shake it up by having a big breakfast, decent lunch and smaller dinner - it is, in my experience, extremely effective, while still fitting in with my calories, etc. I don't think I could ACTUALLY EAT dinner at breakfast, though... yuck. On the other hand, I have been known to eat oatmeal for dinner!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I haven't purposefully tried it but I kind of do it naturally. It makes me feel fuller during the day and less likely to eat too much of anything. I'm not much of a nighttime eater to begin with so it works for me to have something lighter in the evening.

Having more calories early when your body can use them makes logical sense to me but I don't know if there is any science to back it up.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 AM   #5  

I, like Heather said, am happy to have a large breakfast in the morning and then gradually reducing the amount of food at the other two meals but I also can't face eating the kind of foods I would have as a dinner first thing in the morning. LOL

Last edited by EleanorR; 01-08-2008 at 05:23 AM.
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #6  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I have heard that what matters is the total calories you expend in a day's time, not so much WHEN you eat them....

I could be wrong though...
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #7  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I love eating HUGE breakfasts and I can eat almost anything for breakfast. Very few foods can make me queasy. I notice that when I eat large breakfasts I am less hungry throughout the day, so in pretty much would end up eating less in total... It's when I skip breakfast that I know I'm just tempting the binge monster....
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote