Question for Dan2112

• I hope you don't mind me asking...but my husband and I want to start the LAWL program together. I've been a memeber before and know what plan I need to be on but I don't know what would be the right plan for my 275 pound husband. I saw your profile and noticed that you started the program at 300 pounds...would you be willing to share any info on what plan you were started on?

Thanks in advance,
    -Christy
  • Sure..I was originally on Red with lites.

If I recall correctly, it was thus:

2 1/2 protiens
    2 starches
    3 veggies
    3 fruits
    1 fat
    as well as 64 ounces of water and 2 lite bars.

It seemed like a ton of food at first, but my initial 20 pounds came off really fast.
  • Thank you very much for sharing. Congrats on your hardwork! Your pictures are very inspiring! :-) Happy New Year!
  • Hey Dan
    I am on Red and mine is 2 1/2 proteins, 3 starches, 3 fruits, 1 dairy, 1 fat, 4 veggies. Would it be different cause you are a guy?

Also, ChristyLee, I just sent you a private message with the breakdowns for the old color coded plans that I had.

Roberta
  • Thanks Roberta!!! Very helpful!!
  • It may be the discrepancy between Pure and LAWL plans, b/c the LAWL plan is 4 veggies, the Pure one is 3. I'm not sure that it really matters, but Pure allows you 3 cups = 1 serving of lettuce. SO maybe they are about equal.
  • I also know there are different Red Plans.. I think that was instituted by some of the LAWL stores, but not ours.. Plus, plans evolve over time to reflect new research and client feedback...
  • Dan

That is crazy, thanks for the explanation. I never switched to the Pure plan because my doc said it was higher in carbs even though it is the same calories. Did not work for me because of my medical issues with no thyroid. I had a bad reaction medically, while the color coded plans do not have that effect.

Thanks
    Roberta
  • That's gotta be rough Roberta, with no thyroid.. An old GF of mine had her removed when she was just a kid and weight was a constant battle for her.