Old 12-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #61  
sscott

My COD called me today as well. They wanted to know if I made it through Christmas alright or if I struggled. I told her that I struggled and still am. Atleast I was honest I will try hard to make good choices until the first of the year. We still have company around and gatherings on the scheduled. Once school starts again I will put my nose to the grindestone and get back on track.

Julz - best of luck to you. If you change your mind, come on back and jump in where you left off. You're doing such a great job...keep it up!

Felicia - Great news about the house!

To the rest of you...have a great Friday night! Talk with you all later!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm headed to WI in the morning for the first time in 3 weeks, the evil scale will show just how bad I've been! LOL Maybe the 3 days my tummy hurt will lessen the blow! I've never gone this long without going to WI and I cant do it again. Jumping on that scale in front of somebody sure makes me think about what I'm putting in my mouth!

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend! We're gonna be bums and watch some football!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #63  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Julz - hang with us for a little while longer. After the holidays, things will settle down and everyone will be back to posting and responding more regularly. This is a tough time of year for most of us and I know that I often only have a minute or two to post and report a few things, so I haven't been doing personals much at all. Before all the craziness of the holidays started, we were QUITE a chatty group and most of us had half a dozen or more conversations going at one time. I promise nobody has been deliberately leaving you out. We're all just running in a hundred different directions right now! I won't be back to normal (or as normal as I ever get!) until I'm back at school and not chasing my kids all over the place during our Christmas break! I'm sure that's the case with most others as well.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #64  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Paula- Hey girl, it's good to see you again. Jump right in again with some of us "lifers".

Felicia- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your house sells.

I got a call right before I headed into the COD to WI and she said that anybody that came in this week to WI would get an additional 4 weeks free, then when I got there, the asst. manager said that anybody that made a purchase would get another 4 free week on top of that, so I got some of the meals they had on special to keep at work and got 8 additional weeks. They also gave me back all my weeks I had lost since I was in there last in Sept., so I now have 23 weeks to get to my goal. I can do it!!

DH and I had a date night with dinner and a movie. We went to Applebee's, got gift certificates for dinner, I had one of the weight watcher meals. The portions were perfect and I ate all of DH's broccoli along with mine. Got a small popcorn to share at the movies and I had saved 2 starches and a fat, so I should be OK. I will just make sure that I chug extra water tomorrow.

Have a great night all.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #65  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I was weighed yesterday and stayed the same. That a victory in my book for over xmas. I had my share of BLT's and a few cheats but not bad. I am not a huge sugar eater so I only had literally two small squares on xmas eve and that's it for sweets. I do have a weakness for Tim Hortons French Vanilla and I had a few of those but I try to compensate for the extra calories I get from them elsewhere and drink lots of water. I guess it worked.

New years won't be that difficult as I am just staying home. I have to work all day monday and maybe even stay for a few hours overtime since I have nothing on deck for the evening. Then starting Tuesday I am off until Jan 9. I have some things while I am off I want to get done here and just try and relax before my new position starts sometime in january.

I need to go look at curtains because even though I have been in the house now for a little over 2 months I still don't have any in the bathroom or bedrooms. Just blinds. I figure maybe some will be on sale after xmas and I can get a good deal. Not all that sure what I want either so I'll have to really look and see what's out there. My mom is getting me a new vacuum for xmas so I want to go and get that this week too. Mine decided to take up smoking as a hobby so I only use it for very short periods of time right now. usually just to get the dog hair off the living room carpet after Chancey goes home on sundays.

Everyone have a good weekend and heres to being POP...I am putting boneless pork loin chops in the slow cooker today so I have something for a few days that is NOT chicken or turkey!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #66  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default I'm Back...sort of

Well, since I missed saying Merry Christmas to everyone....

HAPPY (almost) New Year!! I had a very unique Christmas, spending most of it visiting my dear wonderful MIL in the hospital. I could write a book about her past 6 weeks in the hospital (leukemia patient), but instead of you taking time to read all that, just go and hug a loved one (be it your child, spouse, or pet!!) and be thankful for every little thing you've got! It's almost 1 AM, and I see a lot of new names on the board, but also a lot of my familiar cyberfriends are still posting and some have come back. I've missed all of you and will do my best to catch up (or at least read this weeks' posts!).

I dread my (at home) weigh in tomorrow. It didn't look too good after my cruise, and this past week just resulted in a lot of emotional junk food eating. Time to dig out my daily menu planner and get serious.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:00 AM   #67  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hello and post-holiday greetings to all of you! I have been entertaining family for the past week. I wont bore you with the details of how off plan I have been, but it scared me to see myself revert back into my old ways for about 5 out of the last 7 days. Tomorrow will be my first day on the purple plan...looking forward to my new routine!

haven't had time to catch up on here but it is GREAT to see Deb and Katie posting again!!!

Julz- I have to say I have a hard time remembering to comment back to those without a "headshot" avatar!! I feel like my brain skips over those posts and goes for the faces!! You'll be missing out on a fantastic family of supporters if you abandon this site!

I'm looking forward to getting back on track!! Hugs and best wishes to all of you!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #68  
LAWL Salt Police

G'morning all!

Gonna be POP day today if I have to sell the children off to do it! I figure New Year's Eve won't be horrible, as we may either stay in or do a pot luck at a neighbor's house down the street... If that's the case, we'll probably take a veggie tray that I can snack on for the evening..

Welcome back Joni.. Bout' time!! Glad you made it through the holiday.

Amy - You ain't kidding about how easy it is to fall back to our old ways of eating... Liz was saying the same thing yesterday... It's scary, really, how those little bites and nibbles start becoming larger portions and all of a sudden we're gaining weight again... GRRRRR!

Have a great day all... Be one with your POP.. The holidays are almost over!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #69  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good to see you Joni, so sorry to hear about your MIL.

Amy- I hear you. Just get back on track now so that a week does not turn into months. Take it from me.

Deb- You acn definitely get to goal with that many weeks. No problem!!!!!

Alannah- Congrats on the promotion, that is fantastic news!

I am gonna paint my master bathroom today. May the force be with me.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #70  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello All

Joni- I know you've been having a hard time with your MIL being so ill, but it's good that you all go to spend some time with her over Christmas.

Amy- I'm with you on the old habits... It doesn't seem to take much at all to slide back into those old ways.. Now that everything is getting back to normal, so will your eating. I'll be trying to take my own words to heart on that one as well

Katie- Good Luck with the painting!

I am slowly but surely getting back into the groove of things.. I have been doing better the past few days than I ever have on my water, which has always been a big problem of mine. Now if I can start getting all my foods in again I will be in business. Has anyone ever read the book Skinny B*tch? I got it for Christmas and read it in one night. It really sheds some light on the things we put into our bodies (and my reason for getting on the water kick so suddenly.) Well, I'm off to lunch.. I'll check in later. Have a great rest of the day!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #71  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

ugh..

so i went out with 2 friends from middle school last night... we've been friends forever, but because of school and life and such, don't get to see each other nearly as much as we should. my DBF didn't want to come, so i was stuck being the DD... which was fine with me because drinking makes you fat anyway! so i sat at the bar with my 2 best friends and drank about 20 glasses of water! i have a problem... the bartender had to cut me off! lol! i thought it was funny... anyway! so while i drank 20 glasses of water, my 2 friends had about 20 drinks! to make a long story short, i have claw marks on my arms from where one of them was trying to hold onto me to walk to the car and the other threw up in the street. it was an interesting night.

in somewhat related news, but kind of not... i went shopping for clothes to wear for last night and new years and the size i usually wear was way too big and awkward looking, so i had to get a size smaller. and my really really skinny friend told me that i looked great!

going to the gym today... and staying POP! hope everyone has a great day! happy (it's very close to) new years!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #72  
LAWL Salt Police

Nice story Michie.. And great NSV about the new clothes... You'll find that while you may lose pounds on the scale, you may lose inches even faster.. So even a modest weight loss can result in noticible changes in your look..

Another thing you'll notice if you stick to you guns with this WL plan is that you really get an interesting picture of the people and friends around you... I used to drink A LOT, especially in college and now I cringe when I think about that... Not just about what it did to my body and weight, but how embarassing it can be...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #73  
Gold(+1/2P)

S/C/G: 190/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

Figured I'd jump right in....I have been on the program since february and have done well so far(I did the program at a COD back in '99 and lost 50)...I was doing the program online and now thats gone, so I started checking out the posts more often on here and it seems like a great place to get the support I need! Just wanted to introduce myself and hope to post often and get great advice from everyone to help me through to my goal....

Emily....I read Skinny B***h too.....needless to say I stopped eating meat the next day and no longer use splenda like I used to....can't do the vegan thing though...I am too "addicted" to my dairy products to give them up...
roserph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #74  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

seriously... i have never been a huge drinker, but after experiencing that i think i will lay low for a while. looks like new years will be low key this year!

speaking of... what is everyone up to for NYE???
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #75  
sscott

It's nice to see so many of you back again! It has been so quiet around here!

Welcome Rose! You are welcome to join our converstations any time! Feel free to ask questions and put in your two cents whenever you want!

I must admit I am ready for school to start again! As much as I enjoy the break, I need to get back into a routine. I have learned (the hard way) that when I am bored I want to eat, eat, eat! We also still have so much family in town and celebrations continuing! I am planning on doing a TO January 2nd and 3rd (I can't remember if I already told you guys that or not, but I wanted to make sure so you can hold me accountable!!).

Michie - I must tell you, you crack me up! You seem to have such a quick wit about you! Way to go being the DD and making good choices for yourself!

Joni - it was good to hear from you again! I will say a prayer of strength for you and your family!

Anyone have anything really exciting planned for tomorrow? We are going to my sisters house. It should be fun!