3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   the only good thing about the tummy flu (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/128921-only-good-thing-about-tummy-flu.html)

NaomiZ 12-14-2007 03:55 PM

the only good thing about the tummy flu

I've lost 4 pounds in the last 48 hours.:( man to I feel like poo-poo!

bradleys mom 12-14-2007 04:00 PM

Naomi, Hope you feel better! Dont get too excited about the loss, you are probably dehydrated! Make sure you try to get as many liquids in as possible!! Hydration is one of the main things those of us who are sick forget! I'm majorly guilty!

NaomiZ 12-14-2007 04:02 PM

that's probably it, i can't even drink anything right now.

bradleys mom 12-14-2007 04:04 PM

Bless your heart! I would rather have a tooth pulled than have a tummy bug!

OnceUponADrive 12-14-2007 04:43 PM

I have the flu too, but thank god the bad tummy part of it is over. I got a super sore throat and I was so excited at the prospect of losing my voice so I could get out of work (I'm a receptionist). Well here I am after spending a full day on the phones with NO VOICE WHATSOEVER. I'm talking nothing more than squeaks coming out of my voicebox and they still won't send me home!

NaomiZ 12-14-2007 07:35 PM

I feel pretty much better but just thinking of food makes my tummy rolls. but after sleeping from 12:30 pm to 6:30 am I'm not tired ;)

Lynx 12-14-2007 07:38 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are (were) ill with tummy flu. When this happens to me, I end up gaining weight when I start eating again. The old thing about my body thinking that I am in starvation and then when I eat I pack on the pounds. Hope that does not happen to you.

Lynn
week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

marzbe 12-14-2007 07:55 PM

I'm all for pounds lost do to a temporary stomach flu. It's what you need to do sometimes to smile. There's always a bright side to things, plus if it's a 48 hour bug chances are you didn't lose any muscle.

After I had my ankle put back together with screw pins and nails I lost 30 pounds. Most people gain after ortho surgery, I was thrilled to have lost weight. Unitl I found out that I lost 30 pounds of muscle. Don't ask how long it took me to even start walking without crutches again.

Plus it's nice to open a thread that has nothing to do with everything else going on in our little world. :barf:

NaomiZ 12-15-2007 03:20 PM

1.6 pounds left to my goal now LOL

NaomiZ 12-17-2007 09:15 PM

well after not eating for 72 hours I was down to 131/6 on Saturday morning and was feeling way better, that means I've been eating again ;) so this morning I was back up to 133.6 :( I so want to be at my goal for Christmas :(

Tuesday Cool 12-18-2007 09:36 AM

Learned my lesson

Well, yesterday I ate some lasagna leftover from our holiday party. By noon I was so sick I had to go home. I expelled the lasagna orally (read tossed my cookies) and slepted most of the day. Must have been a staph bacteria growing in there. Bet I do not want any lasagna for a long time!
Today I feel better but my back is sore. I am going to try some eggs for breakfast.