Old 12-31-2007, 05:52 PM   #61  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Carol- Yes, on TO (with lites) your protein intake for the whole day is 6 oz., you can also do 1 1/2 C. eggbeaters. That is with unlimited green veggies too. If you don't do lites, then you do the fast forward which is unlimited lean protein and green veggies, along with the juice, oranges or cantalope.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 PM   #62  
CarolMc03

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Deb! Sounds like Wednesday and Thursday are gonna be rough days for me!!!! But I did it once I know I can do it again! I just might have to start posting a little bit more and looking for help here! Thanks again! Carol
CarolMc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Default Ok, can you answer a few questions...

I, too, am quite shocked at the abrupt closing of my center in suburbs of Philly. Here's my sob story:

I am currently on the purple with no lites since Sept 1. My child got injured in my center badly, (requiring stitches and sedation in CHOP) and I stopped going (mostly out of concern for my little boy) but kept trying to do it at home. We have also been trying to conceive, for the last 4 months with no luck. I have recently started going back in to the center in Dec, still on purple. My willpower hasn't been all that strong since the holidays either and the emotional rollercoaster of conception. In addition, to getting serious about following the plan, I wanted to do a fast forward or take off. I am still trying to get the juice but am willing to try a knockoff brand if TO not available. My last visit to the center right before Christmas, I was told the center was closing BY ANOTHER MEMBER!!! Alas, my center closes 1/4. No one answers the phone or was there today even thought they are supposed to be open on Mon, and closed Tues. I've only notice my weight around the middle and I am only 6 lbs from my lowest weight that was 141 in Oct!

1. Should I be on a different plan? I currently work evening shift, I'm an acute care RN, 2x a week anywhere between 8-10 hours. So I am up for 20 hours straight those days since I am a mom in the mornings. I asked about this in the center but they were not so quick to change since they had changed me in Sept. I was on the gold prior to that. To change the plan in Sept was like pulling teeth. I remember from my pre-mom days on plan that they put me on the blue since I worked 3 12 hr shifts a week. I have also been on the red plus plus, too when I was breastfeeding my middle son. I think I have some of these old plans around in my files somewhere.

3. What do you suggest first? Go crazy intense first on the purple or should I change my plan? I really want to make the most of my time and lose efficiently! Today was my first day back on "track" and I am STARVING!!!

almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #64  

Default Know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if Jamie didn't feel a bit overwhelmed here.. .. Well, I can't blame her.. She's not just dealing with the loss of a weightloss plan, but of her job as well, so I'm sure she's busy trying to pick up the pieces...
I think it is amazing that Jamie offered to help us figure out what plan we should be on and like so many others I am sure, sent her a private message when she first started this post, but haven't gotten an answer back yet. Jamie, if you are reading this board, we really appreciate your help and for me, I am anxiously awaiting your response. Hope you have a wonderful and happy new year.

Thanks
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

I am imagining Dan like a "runaway hot air balloon" But good job so far- Dan expecially in light of the circumstances.
Carol- from my reading, you've been off-plan for a while right, why not do the unlimited? I am finally down with my last 2 days...yay
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Smile

I guess I will stick with the purple plan for now... I lost 2 lbs overnight just sticking with better carbs and lean proteins!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #67  

Height: 5'6

Default Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureweightlossemploy View Post
I can help with any questions about the 9 colored programs, the Lites, the supplements, receipes (I have over 500) tips, advice, etc. I trained over 250 counselors and know about everything. Please let me know for anyone that might need extra help as their centers are closing.
Hi!! I need HELP!!!
I joined la weightloss in Oct 2006- got pregnant 2 weeks later and had to put my membership on hold. I tried to go back in November of 2007 but since I was still exclusively breastfeeding they told me to come back when she had some formula/cereal, etc... So, I went back in only to find out my center is closing it's doors (along with all the others) and I am really anxious to begin b/c even in the two weeks I was on I lost almost 7 pounds! (still so mad I paid $ and never even really got a chance to learn the diet).
I was orginally put on the gold plan (to lose 24 pounds) and now I have the book for the red plan since I am still breastfeeding (and now want to lose 34) . I at least got all the bars that I paid for so I am hoping to just start myself but I need help!
Any good insight advice, etc...????
Oh, I also have none of the fast forward juice (whichI thought was great)
SOOOOO- how do I start?
Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Chrissy
chrissyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #68  
CarolMc03

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Hi Buffy! I think that you may be right and I will do the unlimited. I just found my list for that and I think since I have been off for about 1 1/2 to 2 months that that may be the way to go! Worst part is the raw vegetables, but I will do what I have to to feel better! Thanks for the suggestion!! Great for you, 2 more days!!!!! Good luck!
CarolMc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #69  
LAWL Salt Police

Almsthere - Good job on that loss.. See how it goes.. That's another big problem with the CODs being gone.. Not knowning when or if we need to switch plans..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

2 more days, Carol. Just remember the great feeling of relief when it's over.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #71  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 225/180/140

Height: 5'7

Hi I am on the blue plan and very near the maintence level of my plan but with the centers closing and all I cannot get any info what so ever on how to procede. If anyone can help with this problem I know a few other ladies from my center that along with me will greatly appreciate it.
glenslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #72  

I was able to get through to the nutrition department using their old e-mail address. They are going to mail me the materials for stab/maintenance. They are really nice and I feel bad for them to be losing their jobs. I think they really care about the clients and none of this is their fault.

This is the address I used:
<[email protected]>

I tried using the cust. serv. e-mail address and never got a response.
Good luck!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #73  
LAWL Salt Police

I had the same problem when our center closed last April.. Some of the ladies were nice enough to share their information with me here on the site.. Scroll through a few pages of posts and you'll see a couple dedicated to maintenance.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 246/230/145

Height: 5ft 4 in

Question Plan with no lites?

I joined LA in September of 06. I was not even aware that they had a plan that you could do without the lites. I am currently at 227 and on the Purple Plan. How do I do it without the LA Lites now? Do I just substitute the calories? Can I do another starch or what? Can someone please help? I feel so lost.
traeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 274/269/136

Thanks for helping us. What is the take off part of the program. I was a member 5 years ago -- moved to an area that didn't have a center. I am trying to lose the 50 pounds that I have gained back.

Please Help
Mickyliz
stressrelief2008 is offline   Reply With Quote