I am sick of this diet yoyo!

• I got down to 132.2 for 1 day then bammo I am back up to 135.0 WTH!!!????!!!! I am being good I don't understand the stupid little mind games my body is playing on me.
  • Naomi, it is likely water weight. Don't get too down on yourself. You are really close to goal, and these last few pounds will be a lot harder to lose.

A lb of fat = 3500 calories. That is a lot of calories. If it is a matter of a day, I would bank more on it being water than anything else...
  • Hi Naomi,
    Patsy is so right. If I go up in weight and I have been on program, I just tell myself to ignore weight fluctuations caused by water retention. It is hard to do, but if you don't ignore them, you only eat in frustration and that is counter productive. Remember burned fat has to be eliminated or sweated out of your body and sometimes that process does not occur as we would like it to and then the scale goes up.
  • If it is water than it's been around for just under a week, and no amount of hot lemon water is budging it
  • I know how you are feeling. I get discouraged at WI cuz I haven't budge in the past 2-3 weeks but I'm concentrating on my morning weigh in at home. I record it every day on a calendar in my bedroom that I can look at while anytime. I have watched the numbers drop slowly. If can just drop another few lbs by Christmas I will be happy. Plus people are starting to notice the change telling my clothes are getting baggy, face looks thinner, etc.

In 7 weeks, I've only dropped 9.5 lbs. No where near the 15 lbs they told me I would if I followed the plan perfectly.
  • I sympathize with you 100%. I have been yo-yoing for months between 7 pounds. I go down 3 or so then up 2 then down 1 then up again 3. It's driving me absolutely nuts! My COD has been me try different plans, mixing up food choices, TO, you name it. It seems like that I'm never going to lose more than I want.
  • Naomi, you will likely go through this a lot now, as you don't have much left to lose. A week isn't too bad. Unfortunately hot lemon water isn't the answer, the scale will budge when it is ready to. You could always look up the posts on plateau breakers, but at only a week I would be hesitant to say you've plateaud...some of the tips in there may help anyhow

Hang in there, and try to keep your mood positive. How you are feeling and your mood can affect weight loss as well. Feeling blue, angry, depressed...it can have a negative effect on the scale. Try to look at the plus sides of how far you have come, how hard you have worked, and be proud of yourself.

The rest of the weight will come off! Just continue to do what you have been doing, and concentrate on the knowledge that you are eating healthy and making positive changes to yourself for you. The scale will budge again, sometimes we just have to be patient
  • Naomi,
    Have you tried using fitday to track your actual calories. I use it to make sure I don't go below 1200 calories. You can then track your calories to zip zag up and down 100-200 calories. Is it possible that you are eating too low every day with your choices and that your body thinks that you are in starvation mode?
    What kind of exercise have you been doing? I try to do something different several days a week and I try to be consistent with my exercise routine so that my body thinks that the exercise is something expected. Developing lean muscle will burn more calories per day.
    Since I am the same height as you are, I know that your BMI is now in normal range so it becomes harder to lose weight.
    If you are stressing too much about not losing, your body can react to that stressing and hold onto the weight. I have read that some people plan a break in the weightloss journey at times like this and then they let the body adjust to the new weight and later on the weight comes off again.
    Take care
  • Lynx that is a great idea, a break sounds perfect over Christmas and New Years!
    I tried fitday but it is way to time consuming and I found it a total PITA, I haven't been excersizing but that is a LONG story no one needs to hear LOL
  • What exactly is fitday? I went to my COD and again I'm only down .4 of a lb since last week this time. I expressed my frustration again with the counselor and the only thing she could suggest was to switch my meals around - eat breakfast for lunch, lunch for dinner & dinner for breakfast.
  • Quote: What exactly is fitday? I went to my COD and again I'm only down .4 of a lb since last week this time. I expressed my frustration again with the counselor and the only thing she could suggest was to switch my meals around - eat breakfast for lunch, lunch for dinner & dinner for breakfast.
    Fitday.com is a free service to track your calories, fat, protein, carbohydrates, exercise, etc each day. You register and create a username and password. You can search for common foods and enter custom foods that you eat. I found that the first few days you use it it will take you maybe 15 minutes each day. Then as you have already entered the common foods that you eat, you can go to either recent foods or custom foods and scroll down to the bottom of the list and select all custom foods or all recent foods and then you only have to check a box next to the foods that you ate that day to add them. Now it takes me less than 5 minutes a day because I just check off the foods that I ate and only need to add in the nutritional info for the new foods that I eat. I just use the nutritional info from the box or package of the food. Hope this helps.