Old 12-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #31  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jax - it would feel much better if I wasn't sick as well. Head cold started on Saturday ...sore throat, cough, runny nose, aches/pains..etc...not sure that I will get to workout tonight as I know that it is best not to...but I would really like to. We'll see how I am feeling. Was really out of it yesterday, but doing much better today...still just plain sick though.

As for my mini-goal - I am happy - but my unposted mini-goal will now to be out of the 190's by the end of the year...I'm not going to post it as I didn't set that goal months ago...but since I have passed my first one, I'm just going to work towards this new one....no harm no foul!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #32  
bit

Height: 5'2"

Hello all (again)-

I started Slim Fast last February... and managed to stay on until about May (although I stopped posting here before that). I've been yo-yoing since and am ready to get back on the wagon! I started yesterday and these first two days have been okay.

I am looking foward to loosing weight with and learning more about all of you!
- Brittany
bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #33  
is baaaad to the bone!

Welcome Bit! Glad you are here and ready to get back on track! It's a tough time of year...but with lots of focus, we can all do it!

As for me, I am still sick...ugh! I think that is the only reason I am still losing weight right now....I'm certainly not working out (which sucks because I really truly want to!)...due to the cold I have...I'm not wanting to eat. I am forcing myself to eat a bit...but really...everything tastes like nothing...so it's just not making me want to eat...and I don't feel hungry. I don't like that this is how I have dropped a couple of pounds this week...but it is the truth. I hope my cold goes away soon!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #34  
is baaaad to the bone!

Loin - how is the no smoking going?

Jax - how is your staying on plan going? I know you have been having a terrible time with it lately.

Bargoo - at goal yet? We are going to need some before and after's soon!

I'm still sick - been this way for a week now and not been able to go to the gym...which really sucks...I really miss it. Boo Hoo! I can't wait to feel a bit better...I just want to be able to go to the gym and not be hacking all over the place and sniffling! Yuck!

Have a great weekend!
~Amanda
Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #35  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

Amanda - I hope you're feeling better and getting into the gym. I know how that is - in my case it's been cold and then I was sick so running has suffered. I need to get back to my DVDs when it's cold but I haven't been feeling like cleaning up the kids mess to give myself space.

I've been within my calorie limits for most of this week and seeing some movement on the scale (down). Things are a little calmer for most of the week so I hope to see downward progress at TOPS on Thursday. I think my biggest problems in fluctuations recently have been insufficient water, I get too busy and don't take in enough fluids. Some of the stress with my son is getting better - the ADD meds haven't done anything for him - so although I want to be able to help him, I was really loath to medicate him, and am somewhat relieved that it's not for him. We have another psych appointment today and will see where we go from there.

Brittany - welcome, and I hope Slimfast helps with your plan again. How are things going?

Loin - I hope quitting smoking is still going your way. Not something I've ever had to do, but I do understand it's hard.

bargoo - I hope you make goal for Christmas. Would be a great present to yourself!!

That's all for now - everyone have a good week,
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #36  
is baaaad to the bone!

I got to the gym tonight for the first time in 9 days. I can't believe how long it has been. I usually go 5-6 nights/week...it has been awful being sick. I am still sick but could not not go tonight...just been too long! It was difficult, but I got through most of my regular work out.

Yay! on the downward movement Jax! Congrats - keep on track - you will do this!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Made goal!! I still plan on using Slimfast to maintain my loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #38  
is baaaad to the bone!

Congrats Bargoo!!! Feels good huh? I'm not at goal...or near it...but I just realized I'm exactly at my 1/2 way point!!!! Yahoo!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #39  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Well Done Bargoo! It's great to see you at goal. Good Job.

I was down 2.6 lbs at TOPS last meeting. Now I won't be at a meeting for 3 weeks since it's too complicated to take the boys along. I plan to be down a bunch by Jan 10.

I hope everyone has a merry and healthy Christmas tomorrow.
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #40  
is baaaad to the bone!

I had a great Christmas - how was everyone else's? Actually managed to lose a couple of lbs. during the holiday...not sure how, but I did it and that is fabulous! Gym has been closed until today and I cannot wait to get there this evening! Soooo Excited!

Well, hope everyone is doing well and staying on track!
~Amanda