Breakfast?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What is a normal breakfast for everyone? COD looked at my book today and informed me that I should be making breakfast my biggest meal of the day. Sadly, I am not a breakfast person at all. She said I could use the shakes as much as I need to, but I've been told before that I shouldn't use them every day. Anyone been told something different?
  • I eat a half protein at breakfast each day -- usually either 1tbsp peanut butter, 1 egg, 12 almonds or light cheese. I eat that with a Starch and a fruit.
  • i think peanut butter is probably going to be my best bet for a breakfast protein.. I have turkey bacon a good bit but it is on the infrequent list so I don't want to do it too much..
  • on the days where i don't have to get up at 330am...
    i usually eat egg beaters with cheese and a whole wheat english muffin or fiber one and yogurt and either an apple or banana. or i'll make a soymilk smoothie with strawberries and some type of starch (toast or english muffin).
    but on the days where i do have to wake up super early, i grab a string cheese (for protein) and fruit. and then i have a soy latte with a bar later around 10am.
  • Usual I am pretty rushed in the morning, so my breakfast has to be quick and easy. I usually have toast with peanut butter, a banana, and milk. I like bananas, but because they have a higher sugar and calorie content then other fruit, I like to eat it in the morning for a good jump start of energy. Sometimes I will eat Fiber One and yogurt and fruit for breakfast for a change. I find it get hungry faster when I don't get protein in the morning. I am not a huge fan of eggs, so I don't eat them often at all and cheese isn't doesn't sound good to me, so I stick with the peanut butter. My COD says it's a good choice to start the morning.

I can't answer your question about the shakes. I have never tried them before and know one has even talked to me about them. I wouldn't buy them any way, so they must of figured that out by now Good luck with making breakfast choices! You're doing an awesome job, so keep up the good work!
  • Stacy- Thanks! I do cheese in the morning every now and then, but as a dairy. I'm going to try to do PB most of the time I suppose. And I don't buy COD shakes.. I use the SlimFast as a substitute [told them I bought them offline.]
  • How sad we all feel forced to lie to our COD about not buying the LAWL products.
    I always eat a real breakfast. In fact it is sometimes my only real meal. I cook eggs or make an omelet. I try to get a veggie and a starch in as well. I bring yogurt with fruit for midmorning snack.
    A 1 1/2 egg omelet with chopped asparagus 1oz LF cheese and a slice of light bread. I avoid egg beaters because they taste fake to me.
    When rushed I eat peanut butter on light bread with a fruit.
    The drinks do not keep me full long enough and I get grumpy from hunger. T
  • I'm out the door and at work by 5 most mornings. So a big breakfast that early is just not feasible. I've always been a grazer so for me it works the best with six to seven mini meals over the day.

Most weekday mornings, I start with a dairy and some fruit or a starch. Around 8 or so I either have a bar or mixed nuts.
  • I usually have a bowl of Kashi cereal with berries, 1oz of almonds and milk to give me a starch, a protien, a fruit and a dairy. It's easy, quick and keeps me full for a while.
  • I almost always make french toast. Add a little splenda and cinnamon to the egg mix. Then I will have a fruit and yogurt. But I am on plan 4 so I still have quite a bit of food to go around.
  • Plan 4 without lites
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone find it hard to do Plan 4? I join LA WL on Nov. 24 and I only lost 3 lbs. I feel like I'm not loosing fast enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
    Nal
  • When I don't have to rush, I have eggs with toast..

When I have a little time to kill before I leave, I usually have a lite english muffin with PB, a Lite and Fit smoothie and some kind of fruit. I usually save the fruit for the office.

My usual morning has me taking a Lite and Fit smoothie and fruit at the office and get my starches in at lunch.
  • I almost always have a low fat waffle with cream cheese and jelly and some sort of fruit with that.
  • Do you make your own low-fat waffle, or buy them packaged?
  • Hi Emily!
    I usually have a light english muffin and RF PB and half a banana cut up on top! Yum! Although my COD said to alternate and not use PB every morning so on the other days I scramble one egg and make two pieces of toast with the butter spray and put a little hot sauce on my egg. And make a sandwhich with it! It's good. And then sometimes I have Cottage Cheese and grapes with that.... hope this helps!