3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Can anyone suggest a good fat free dressing? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/127830-can-anyone-suggest-good-fat-free-dressing.html)

judyt 11-27-2007 11:20 AM

Can anyone suggest a good fat free dressing?

I think that this plan will be pretty easy for me except that I don't want to give up my regular salad dressing :( (I have never found a fat free dressing that I liked). Can anyone recommend a good fat free dressing? What about low fat dressings? Could I get by using those instead?
Judy

cecil 11-27-2007 11:45 AM

I actually use Light ranch and then count it as my Fats for the day. I also use Fat free italian. Which is not so bad. but I only have a small salad and some celery or something. I really don't have anything else that I eat that has fat in it so I get to use light dressing instead of fat free. Just a thought.

smjezzy 11-27-2007 12:05 PM

I have always used the Marie's Lite Red Wine Vinegrette. I know Cassie used to swear by those spritzer dressings though and she was having good luck on the plan.

judyt 11-27-2007 01:02 PM

That is a great idea to use the low fat and use it as my fat instead. I will also check out the Marie's dressings. I tried the spritzers once but wasn't too fond of them.
Thanks,
Judy

smjezzy 11-27-2007 01:12 PM

I didn't care for the spritzers either. I also enjoy the Kraft Lite zesty Italian.

cecil 11-27-2007 01:31 PM

I like Kraft light 3 cheese ranch! Yummy!

BillBlueEyes 11-27-2007 02:02 PM

Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette

I really like Maple Grove Farms Balsamic Vinaigrette

Zero calories with zingy vinaigrette taste.

http://maplegrove.stores.yahoo.net/losudr.html

Completed Beck Program-day 32. 10 to go. Keep going!

Megan1982 11-27-2007 02:09 PM

Hi Judy,

I'm not sure exactly what the "rules" of whatever plan you might be on are, or if this would follow them, but I really love Olde Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger. 2 Tbps = 40 cal, 0 fat. It's delicious! For low fat, I like Ken's lite line: lite Northern Italian, 2 Tbsp = 50 cal; lite Caesar, 2 Tbsp = 70 cal; and for a splurge I'll have lite Creamy Parmesan or lite Ranch, I think they are 80-90 cal for 2 Tbsp. I also like Naturally Fresh Ginger dressing, 2 Tbsp = 70 cal (you find this in the produce section of the supermarket, not the dressing aisle). BillBlueEyes mentioned Maple Grove Farms - I've also tried some of their dressings and liked them.

I hate the sprays so much that I'd rather eat my salad plain that with them.

FlabulessPhyllis 11-27-2007 03:49 PM

I personally just use balsamic vinegar. I think it's delicious

meowee 11-27-2007 04:13 PM

I'm a fan of good old Kraft Fat Free Italian. . . good for marinating stuff too.

3meows 11-27-2007 04:38 PM

Don't know where I found this dressing -- but I use Hendricksons. It is a fat free dressing that is so delicious! I usually get the small packets and throw them into my pocketbook when I go out. You can find them at www.hendricksons.com. They have a sweet/tangy taste that really hits the spot!

At home, I usually make my own dressing by mixing lite mayo with a tablespoon of ketchup, garlic powder and it gives you a russian dressing that is creamy and delicious!

judyt 11-28-2007 01:25 PM

Thank you all for the great suggestions!
Judy

jean2299 11-28-2007 07:12 PM

Like you, I cannot tolerate bad salad dressing, and all fat free varieties taste so bad to me, I'd rather eat a plain salad. I love Ken's steakhouse lite honey mustard and lite caesar. They taste as good as the regular kind to me. They are 1 or 2 fat grams over the recommended limit for lite dressings, but it is worth it to me.

Tuesday Cool 11-28-2007 10:08 PM

Just one thought concerning FF dressing, several vitamins are fat soluble and need to be consumed with a small amount of fat to be absorbed. I always choose LF over FF. My favorite it to make Good Seasons Italian with vinegar to half way between the oil line and the water line, add water to just below the oil line and add a small amount of oil. By making it your self you leave behind the artificial taste of bottled dressings.
I switch up the vinegars I use one time it will be balsamic, the next pomegranate or grapefruit. The fruit vinegars are great with greens.

Shy Moment 11-28-2007 10:20 PM

I have yet to find a fat free French dressing. I use Wish Bone Light Just 2 Good Deluxe French. It has 1 gram of fat per Tablespoon. Since I only use 1 Tablespoon on my salad that is fat free enough for me.