Water weight and the pill...

• Hey guys,
    I am on my TOM and I am on the pill, and I was wondering... if you are on the pill, do you still retain water? My GYN told me that a pill period isn't a "real period"- so do our bodies act differently? Anyone know? Just curious if my TOM will affect my weigh in this week (an has affected past weigh ins)...
  • When you're on the pill you usually only have very very light periods. When I was on it my weight didn't fluctuate for TOM but it's different for different people...so my answer would be - probably not.
  • I still retain water. I think everyone is different. When on the pill, your ovaries do not release eggs during your cycle and your uterus lining thickens. So it isn't a "real" period in that you are not releasing an unfertilized egg from your body, but just about everything else about it is the same as you can tell every month!
  • I retain, but I think that is because my pill (yasmin) has a diuretic in it, so when i stop taking it for the week of my period, i dont have that diuretic that i had when i weighed the week prior. So it is a false bloat. It all evens out there because the week after my period is usually a 3-4 pound loss.