3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Nov 12- Nov 18 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/126937-nov-12-nov-18-friends-losers-thread.html)

emmysmom 11-13-2007 01:47 PM

Check out this recipe...I think it sounds soooo yummy!

Recipe Name: Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
3 1/2 lbs raw sweet potatoes, baked and peeled, then chopped or mashed
1/3 cup good-quality bourbon
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking®
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt
1/2 cup pecan halves
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking®

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix potatoes, bourbon, 1/4 cup brown sugar blend, vanilla and salt. Spoon into a 13-by-9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Combine remaining brown sugar, pecans and butter; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
Bake 25 minutes or until top is browned.

Makes: 12 servings

Serving size: about ¾ cup

Pure Exchange: 1 Fruit, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

MomOfThreeTeens 11-13-2007 01:57 PM

Sharing a New Wedding Picture!

I put a new picture of my son and new DIL in my profile, just my opinion but its one of the sweetest things I've ever seen :-)

emmysmom 11-13-2007 02:00 PM

Oh, it is Kim...so beautiful!

sscott 11-13-2007 02:16 PM

Hey everyone! I just thought I would check in quickly today. It has been such a stressful day. I am not even sure why I am having such a hard day, but I am. So far today I am POP! Yeah! I am finding that the "little bites" here and there are really adding up. My husband is doing this with me and everytime he steps on the scale he loses a pound or more. He has already lost over 20 pounds. I am happy for him, but oh so jealous. I know he is a guys so that makes it easier and he had more to lose, but still it is maddening!

Like I said, tonight we are going to celebrate my moms birthday at the mexican restraunt. After your guys suggestions I decided to eat at home and just enjoy the company. I would like to eat birthday cake, but I can't remember what I need to save to be able to enjoy it. Do any of you remember? Thanks and talk with you soon!

aguerin 11-13-2007 02:20 PM

O.K. I guess I need to do a TO before the big T-Day. I have to get some discipline in my body, plus I want to get below that 142. I keep bouncing between 142 & 145. Got to get some weekend control, Right?

Aw, Lynn are you sure, you have my vote- You are probably putting inthe time moderating already and providing good advice anyway!

Good to see you Liza and all the others who have not been around as much lately (Tina).

I guess with all the new pics, I need to post a new one. The hair has gotten longer. Actually had the check in guy at the airport tell me my hair looked much better now than in my drivers license (it was short because of the chemo and no hair the prevous months). I thought "did he really just say that to me?"

Nice pic Kim.

sscott - Birthday cake is 2 Starches 1 Fat

BarbaraB 11-13-2007 02:31 PM

Stacy, I normally get a tostada or some of the burritos can be fine on plan, if I reserve enough exchanges. You are going to use your fat almost with anything. Some places have nice charbroiled chicken. The restaurant that my DH likes has a tostada that is just on a single corn tortilla and not one of those big fried bowls and they serve serveral vegetarian dishes that are full of actual veggies, to make them more on plan. Shrimp diablo or chicken diablo are not a bad choice. You just need to look at the whole menu and see what is on plan. Even if it is just the standard stuff, generally there is a taco salad or tostada.

The restaurants that I have the most trouble with are Chinese! I have a hard time behaving in a chinese restaurant and the salt!

equinetcan 11-13-2007 03:39 PM

Well, as of tomorrow I am POP if it kills me. I know I've said this before, as have a lot of others, but I am recommitting myself to this plan. I am going back to the red no lites because plan 5 that COD had me on just before my weeks ran out was just too much food for me and the red worked out much better for me. So today I took a garbage bag and cleaned all the bad stuff out of my fridge so I would not be as tempted and I also dug out the book/binder I got when I joined COD. I've read it all before but I figure its a good reminder to get me going again. Tonight I am sitting down and trying to plan out the next few days meals so after work tomorrow I can make a stop at the store and get what I need.

This time I have to do this on my own but with you guys it should be a lot easier. I know its no excuse but with the moving and getting unpacked and settled in the house everything just kinda got thrown to the wayside and I got lost in the shuffle. Well its time to make me priority again. I am also doing some toning exercises today and printing out a few of the recipes on here to try, especially on the weekend.

Tomorrow it will be me on here saying I was POP for the day!!

Dan2112 11-13-2007 03:52 PM

Hey gang.. Well, the soup sale went well.. We had 7 different kind of soups and made more than $300.00...

My chowder was a slow seller at first.. It's hard to compete against New Mexico favorites like green and red chile stews... But once those ran out, the chowder started selling!

As for moderator.. Hmmmm.... How about Nicole.. She doesn't have enough to do!! :lol:

BarbaraB 11-13-2007 04:38 PM

Alannah, You can do it! You know your body the best. You know how much food is too much food.

I managed to be POP yesterday and so far today. I'm determined to stick with the Gold plan through Thursday. Then a day off for my wedding anniversary and then I think I will switch to plan 2. Since I know when it is too little food too, and it is... I can do it for awhile.. but not for long.

From my calculations (based on a bit unreliable body fat % on the scale at home), I've gained 4 pounds of muscle over the last couple of months, which totally explains why I've not been able to lose and how I seem to be shrinking just a bit. I was just trying to get the scale to go DOWN, and it hasn't... oh well.. Someone told me today that I look like I'm continuing to lose.. that is nice.

BarbaraB 11-13-2007 04:44 PM

I put a before and after face shot in my profile. I can sure see a difference.

amylou7777 11-13-2007 05:27 PM

Wow-huge difference Barbara! I bet that makes you feel good! Congrats on all of your muscle gain!

Dan- a soup sale is a great idea! I could go for some chowder myself! It's freezing in the classrooms today!

Tina- your sweet potato pie sounds DELISH! Perfect fall treat. I may print that out and make that at thanksigiving....not sure if I could limit to 3/4 cup though!

Lynn- I think you would be an excellent moderator! I'm not clear as to what "work" is involved-but definitely give it a second thoguth. I also think that Dan or Nicole or Tina or Joni or anyone else who is always here for all of us would be great! I'm so bummed that we haven't heard from Casi-I hope everything is ok with her!

slim n trim 11-13-2007 06:51 PM

Hi all,

just a quick check in - helping myself to stay pop.
Love the pic of your son and dil Kim - I love the black and whites.

Barbara - wow - what a difference.

Amy - your new pic is great to.
Lettie - your pic makes me want to grab a coffee and sit down and chat.

Dixie Chick - hard to know how to take a comment like that, I guess you just take it as a compliment, and not give it any more thought.

Anyway, I only have a few minutes here. Need to get some supper then I curl tonight, so heading out the door here in about an hour and a half, then coming home to see who gets the boot on DWTS. My vote for the boot is Marie Osmond. Guess we will see later.

Hope everyone has a great night.

JLem311 11-13-2007 07:00 PM

hey everyone. just checking in for the night. i've been in SD with the kids since friday afternoon. it's been great. we had jag's 2yr bday party on saturday and i made a huge lightning mcqueen cake for him (pic in my profile) since he's obsessed with that movie--so that was the theme for his party. he had a blast. :)

but yesterday i started getting a sore throat and it got worse overnight, to the point where i couldn't sleep, so i ended up having to go to the dr this morning and i have strep throat. :( i don't know how i got it since the kids don't have it (yet.) and now i'm completely miserable and haven't been able to eat much of anything today except for some soup. hopefully the kids don't get it, but knowing my luck they will. :( jag had it about a month ago and it was torture on him. he cried for 5 days straight, poor guy. so i'm trying to stay far away from them, which is extremely hard for me since i'm only here til friday.

so, yeah. that's about it for me right now. hope everyone is having a good week so far.

amylou7777 11-13-2007 07:07 PM

Kim-love the b&w wedding shot! What a great moment captured.

Liza- so good to see you are still around! thanks for the compliment! I think ever since the fires you have had trouble finding your rythym. Coming on here to check in at least makes it so you are thinking about being back on track! Hope everything is ok at work.

Hi Karen! Is curling like lifting weights? I haven't been keeping up with DWTS but I vote for Marie or Jane (is she still on)? I want Jennie to win it but that's only bc I'm an old 90210 fan! I'll have to TIVO it tonight so I can see who gets booted.

Anyone watching TBL? Or my absolute favoritest reality tv show in the world-the real housewives of orange county? lol-can't believe I admitted that but it is my fav.

So far POP today and it feels good. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I was not able to get buttoned last month. My mom gave them to me-they are new so it's nice to know I've lost something since last month!

Amy-would love to see a new pic! People are so funny (airport guy)-I hope you took it as a compliment!

slim n trim 11-13-2007 08:04 PM

Hi Amy, Jane went last week. I like Jenny as well, but my favourite is Hulio - the race car driver.
Curling is nothing at all like lifting weights. I forget that a lot of people from the States don't know much about curling. Curling is done on ice. There are four people on a team. And you throw rocks up and down a sheet of ice to what is called the house. There are two sweepers. There is a lot of strategy involved. A game lasts about 2 hours. I am the skip, which means that I am the one that calls the game, and has to throw the last rocks. Curling is very popular in Canada, and it is an olympic sport. You probably saw some curling if you watched any of the olympics on tv.

anyway, gotta go.