Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Default What else can I drink besides Water???!!!

Now that I banned all artificial sweeters, I have replaced them with all natural honey and organic agave nectar. I drink a lot of water and hot tea during the day, but sometimes I would love to have something sweet to drink. I have tried a lil bit of honey or agave nectar shaken into my water bottle. I also tried some squeezed lemons and a lil agave for lemonade. But I would love to know, is their anything else out there that anybody drinks that is lower in calories? yet not sweetened with the fake sugars?? I would love to hear some suggestions. I don't want to go the regular pop route either, way too much sugar for me!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Stevia is an herbal sweetener you might want to look into. I don't have any personal experience with it because it is said to have a bit of a licorice or anise taste to it, and I abhor licorice and anise.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Could you add frozen fruit to your water? Maybe crush up some raspberries? Hmm.. that sounds kinda good!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #4  

Thanks heather, I am not a raspberry fan at all. But thanks for the fruity idea, I think I am going to try your suggestion but buy some fresh pineapple chucks in a can no sugar added type and put some of this pineapple juice into my water, I bet that will give me some satisfaction while drinking with ice cubes crushed & a lil pineapple chunkage too. I will also experiment with some all natural grapefruit juice or all natural cranberry juice and just dilute it, to save calories in my water.

I am sorry to say the bit of honey in my water bottle isn't quite cutting it for me, nor the agave nectar added to the water, it doesn't do much to satisfy me and my sweet tooth.

I hope I find a winning combination to satisfy me in the beverage department. It is hard because the fake sugars are in everything or so it seems and I do not want any part of that in my system!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #5  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

this is really good, but not really sweet. i suppose if you like sweetness you could add a sweetener. But:
In a glass of cold water, put:
a large lemon wedge
a large apple slice
a large cucumber slice.

Savor.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #6  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

If you're hankering for something fizzy (not really sweet), you could use the essence-flavored seltzer waters! I love lime--no sugar, no sodium, just fizzy H2O with a twist. I've been using Stevia for sweetener for a couple days now and I dig it! It's all-natural, plant-derived and has ZERO calories.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

What I tend to drink are: yes water, plain herbal tea (though I sometimes have a little honey for camomile tea) and flavored herbal tea with no calories, etc. I also am a fan of Pelligrino-- sparkling water imported from Italy. It's only 10 mg of salt per cup, but it's NO calories and tastes great!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #8  

Hmnnn can't say I have ever been a fan of seltzer water, it must takes some getting used too, sorta like drinking alka seltzer if I remember, ehhh gawds! I bought some 100% juice for 100 calories. and some vanilla hot chocolate for 120 calories, but now I just have to remember to drink them in moderation as the cals could certainly add up!