Old 10-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #1  
La Weight Loss Gold

S/C/G: 205/197/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile Spreadsheet or other Food Diaries?

Does anyone here use excel or another program to track their exchanges or progress? I searched around this forum but couldn't find any. If you do keep a diary other than the LAWL one please share! I would love to see what it looks like. I'm currently writing everything in my weekly planner but there really isn't much room..

Thanks!!
PrincessSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/128/125

Height: 5'4"

Default my excel monstrosity

Hi Sasha-
I am an Excel junkie, and also a food junkie, so I have an Excel spreadsheet developed to motivate myself. I can't attach an Excel file to this message, so I just took a screen shot of it. If you'd like the actual file, send me a PM with your email address.

I started using Excel to strickly track my food intake when I had gestational diabetes with baby #1. After the baby was born, it helped me to see how much a "treat" took away from my weight loss for the day. Calorie counts for fresh foods can be found for free online, otherwise I used the food labels if it was packaged food. For homemade foods, I estimate. It really helps to measure food and it doesn't do any good to "accidently" leave out things you've eaten. :-) I left in a couple days of menus as samples of how the spreadsheet works, not as a recommended diet plan. (In fact on a couple of those days, I was way low on calories - not smart.) I like it better than written diaries because I can copy and paste from previous days.

Fair warning: This hasn't been reviewed by any sort of doctor, nutritionist, trainer, or other trained professional. In fact, I'm not sure another person has ever seen it, but hopefully it helps you as much as it helps me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food diary screen shot.jpg (39.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by janetp; 10-23-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typos
janetp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #3  
La Weight Loss Gold

Thanks you Janet! I sent you a pm about getting a copy. I am really curious to see how many calories I am eating...probably a lot less than before I went on plan.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #4  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

Hello -- I use a 5.5"x3.5" spiral bound notebook. The pages are blank of course, so I make a label with my food exchanges on it and stick one to each page. I have plenty of room to write in it and can take it along with me if I am going on a trip, etc. Works well for me.
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #5  
La Weight Loss Gold

Wow making labels is a great idea, I've been writing everything out and drawing little boxes to check off by my food exchanges..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #6  

www.fitday.com is also a great little online diary, and you can add in the exercise you have done (or havent done) for the day to see if you have burned up any calories. The problem with an oline program is you have to remember to go there.

Last edited by cathych; 10-23-2007 at 11:12 AM.
cathych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/128/125

Height: 5'4"

Default food diary spreadsheet

Hi-
If you sent me a PM about getting a copy of the Excel file I use, please include your email address. 3FC doesn't allow Excel file attachments, so I need to send it to you directly. Sorry I couldn't send you a PM back, I don't have enough posts (yet!).
janetp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #8  

Hi Janet, I would love a copy of the excel sheets. I tried to PM you with my email but it said I don't have enough posts either. I will try to post more today.. LoL Thanks!!! Deyanna
NJGIRLinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I kept mine during WL in a word document that went day by day. Now that I'm trying to keep myself back on track, I'm using the note function on the Blackberry to write it down as I eat it. I find that works the easiest for me.

If you need the format I used, go back and search for the daily menu threads, I used to post it just about every day.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote