20 lbs?

• I've never actually been on a forum of any kind. So, some one please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I just wanted to ask if you guys think it's realistic to set a goal of 20 lbs lost before Christmas. I want to set challenging goals but not unrealistic goals.
    Thanks!
  • WELCOME to 3FC! I think it is a do-able goal. 2-3 pound loss a week...which is doable and you will be right around 20. From this Monday..it is eight weeks to Christmas Eve. So even a 2 pound loss would be 16. Just be patient with yourself and remember that it takes time to establish a habit.

Do you have a specific plan in mind?
  • I agree that I think it is a doable goal...probably because it is my current mini-goal. What plan are you using for diet & fitness? I am a Slim-Fast'er and I work out 6 days a week (30-50 minutes of cardio followed by 30-50 minutes of weight lifting). Today is my day off from the gym (Saturday) and I already miss it! Boo! But I know I have to give my muscles at least one day off per week...even if I don't want to! I make up for it with a long shopping trip!

Good luck with your goal!
  • Thanks guys. Well, at first I was just gonna watch what I eat... try to make healthy choices. But then I decided I needed to get an idea of what that meant. I wasn't going to count calories but I need to get an idea of what and how much I can eat. I'm not one to cut out everything. It's nice to have a treat now and then. So, I got a fitday.com account and have been keeping track of cals, fat, carbs and protein. I walk or hop on the rebounder about 5 days a week. I'm hoping to get a membership to the Y soon. My plan once I do that is to stick between 1200-1600 cals a day and do cardio 6 days/week and weight train about 3 days a week.