Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #121  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

You can shake the woohoo stick at Jillian's bottom if she keeps it up. It is a full moon today.. someone else told me that about the trust.. she must really love you both to trust you so much to be like that.. BUT how is it love if she's hollering at us all the time??
thank goodness dairy queen is closed.. and I was 100% on plan today.. i really think my body is in a state of detoxification.. I feel much better and i'm having a much better sleep! Let's go for day 4 tomorrow!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #122  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Yay Nicole!!!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #123  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
You can shake the woohoo stick at Jillian's bottom if she keeps it up. It is a full moon today.. someone else told me that about the trust.. she must really love you both to trust you so much to be like that.. BUT how is it love if she's hollering at us all the time??
thank goodness dairy queen is closed.. and I was 100% on plan today.. i really think my body is in a state of detoxification.. I feel much better and i'm having a much better sleep! Let's go for day 4 tomorrow!!
I hear you Kristen....don't you just want to respond like this to people like me, "well, why oh why must she trust/love me SO MUCH......" LOL. It sucks though. Ok, so I am not really the kind of parent that thinks there is one right way to raise a child, as each child is so very different. I have, however, found some wonderul methods and emotional support with toddlers and even my big kids by watching the supernanny. I don't watch it all the time (don't really even know if it is still on), but there have been many times that I have searched for it when I was feeling like I just couldn't control my 5 yo DS's outbursts. I like Jo because she highly respects children, AND demands their respect. That is a tough balancing act. Somedays, LIKE TODAY, when DS decided that he was NOT going to put his shirt on unless I put it on for him, I even go as far as pretending that Jo is here with me, coaching me not to let my anger make my decisions and to just wait for a few more minutes and he will stop. Isn't that silly???? But, it works!!!! I don't agree with everything Jo suggests, but I do love how the kids know what to expect and things are usually pretty consistent. Consistnecy is a good thing.....as long as it is effective. If it is not effective, then change is in order. Wow......thank you, Kristen.......I like myself so much better as a mom when I take the time to actually think about my parenting philosophy. You are the best!!! Hang in there........tomorrow will be a better day

Thanks Emily......every day makes us just a bit stronger It only takes 21 days to make a new habit......so I only have 18 more to go!!!! Oh, and hot lemon water is supposed to relieve one's body of extra sodium and water retention. It has other health benefits as well, but they escape me right now. If you are still awake, and hungry.......eat your exchanges. It is just as important to get all your food in as it is to not overeat. Skipping foods can stall you, or make it easier to get weak and chow down.

I have spent WAY too much time on here today.....I must go to bed now
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Kimberly,

Congrats on your good grade!! I have been a nurse for 8 years and am so glad that I went to nursing school, and stuck with it. It is hard (as you already know) but it is worth it. I am able to work part time and stay home with my kids and still make pretty good money. Plus, it is never boring!! Good luck to you!!
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #125  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Dan and Barbara - we welcome your teams down here and need them!

I'm heading to bed.. I'm not a firefighter but my hours during this time aren't much different.

Joni - These are longhorns. THE longhorns that were still sitting there this morning after having fire rush past them twice. They're still not out of danger as that fire keeps back tracking. *sigh* And Dan... JZ helped us out by broadcasting from the driveway of the house all afternoon so as long as he was still there, we knew the house was too.

lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:32 AM   #126  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Well, the Jeff Gordon costume came and it doesn't fit! It fits in the legs, the butt, the belly, etc, but DS is SOOOO long-waisted that it won't come up over his shoulders. It's a jumpsuit like the racecar drivers wear when driving. So DS is getting his wish and he's going to be a vampire. I really didn't want him to be anything scary yet, but desperate times call for desperate measures!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #127  

Good Morning everyone, well I am on day three of take off. Will be glad when I start the red plan tomorrow. I feel like I have lost, I will weigh myself tuesday. I try to hold off to only once a week, because those scales can be intimidating.

I also watch biggest loser. I was pissed off that they can throw the scales that way. How did he do that? Line inside his clothes with weight? How can you gain 17 pounds in one week? Enough of that dumb show.

Well, gotta run, hope everyone has a POP today.

Lorrie Spaans
SpringManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #128  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Just a morning check-in before I head out for my hour drive to class!

Nicole- I'm sure I could do lemon water, but HOT lemon water? I have a hard enough time getting my water in when it's ice cold.. and usually still do not get the 64oz. I just do not like it!

Liza- You are in my prayers! I am in a firefighting family and know how tough it can be when you don't know what will happen next.

Felicia- So sorry DS's costume didn't fit! I'm sure it was precious!

Everyone else- with a POP day!!

I'm off to class!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #129  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang..

Another day of craziness for me around the office.. Woo Hoo..

Emily - Three times a week is the norm and also REALLY helps keep you focused. Our COD understood that sometimes you couldn't make it all three times, but if you missed too many, they started to get on you for it.. Honestly, I was appreciative of the accountability..

Liza.. Keep up the good work out there.. And tell Jeff to keep his head down and out of trouble.. Our New Mexico teams should be out there and working by now.. Might make a good story (hint hint)...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:55 AM   #130  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Haha Dan - I JUST said on the air that we have extra help and that I know crews from New Mexico and Oregon are here now!!! Thanks for the material!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #131  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Hey Lettie........you are killing us......how was the interview? Did you end up going? I am dying to know

What ever happened to Angie? I miss my poop story sharing buddy!!!

And what about the Wendy's? For a while, we had a few........now NONE? Not cool.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #132  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Emily - I know - I'm the same way about the lemon water, but you need it hot because the effect comes from the oil in the lemon rind. I cut the lemon in half and squeeze it into a coffee cup. Then I add water and microwave it for about 1 minute. The heat makes the oil come out and infuse the water with diuretic. I add a couple of packets of Splenda and sip it warm.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #133  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Caught the last 20 min of TBL....I couldn't believe they didn't vote him off---I guess his other Blue Team memebers were able to sway the vote....I really felt bad for the guy that did get voted off

Nicoleand Kristen - having raised three girls I understand your pain!!! Their emotional roller coasters make life very challenging sometimes - hang in there because as you probably already know, things will turn soon My son seems to be so much easier .....but then on the other hand....he was difficult in other areas so I guess it all evens out...male or female...just be patient.

Liza- glad to hear your still hanging in there - hopefully it will get better soon!

I'm down another 2 lbs....whoo hoo....I was stuck for so along I didn't think that things would ever start to move along.....I'd better not talk to much about it or I might jinx myself and get stuck again. I can't wait to see the 170's, haven't been there in years! DS and his girlfriend of 7 and a half years broke up last week. DH and I saw it coming, he broke up with her first and then they got back together and the next week she broke up with him. They are both freshmen in college(attend the same college two hours away from home). I think the break up is a good thing since they have been together since they were in the 5th grade...they need to experience life. They are both going through a lot of changes. He knows in the end it will all work out like it is meant to be but that doesn't make it any easier. DS seems to be a little depressed about it but he is coming home for the weekend and I will be glad to be able to spend some time with him.

Last edited by healthy2b; 10-25-2007 at 11:37 AM.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #134  
New mommy again :-)

Note to self...don't get on these boards until I watch TBL. I normally have to DVR it and I've only watched the first 30 minutes so far. That's okay...even though I know how it's going to end, I still enjoy the show. I can't believe some of you find it boring! I am so totally hooked on it! And has anyone seen the show on CMT - I want to be a High School Cheerleader Again? It's definitely not as good as the TBL (in my opinion), but I use these types of shows for motivation.

So I'm thinking...I have approx. 10 pounds to go. My WL has kinda stalled for the past week and a half. I've been up and down within 3 pounds. I have been exercising less. I was up to 2 miles/day, but I think that was too much for my body. As much as I enjoy it, my hip and knee were starting to hurt, so I figured I better back off a little. So I'm sure that is contributing to my stall. But since I'm not going to exercise as much, I think I'm going to drop down a plan. I don't do the lites, so green is out, which would mean I should be on Gold w/o lites, right? What do you all think?

Last winter, I bought a Fluidity bar and loved it!!! I stopped doing it once I started walking/running. Since my joints are getting sore from the running and it's starting to get colder, I pulled out the bar last night. I'm telling you guys, 30 minutes of it is an awesome workout. DD likes to do it with me and she kept saying, "Mommy, are you sweating yet?"...she keeps me on my toes
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning.

thanks for the luck sent my way for the interview. I'll tell ya Nicole, but the time I was sitting in the interview chair, with all 5 interviewers circling around me, my insides were screaming "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING HERE!" I have a 7 year old at home, that when I am out for an evening still needs alot of snuggles to make up for that lost time. Monday and Tuesday I decided to tackle the girls (10yo-dd and 7 yo-dd) room. it had been long enough without seeing thier floor. I did it like they do on the show on TLC, where they just pull everything out of the room sort it, get rid of a bunch and put it back in an orderly fashion....... ahhhh, it took two solid days and there is still a few things I need to put somewhere, but it is so nice to finally have a clean room in there. and everything is sorted and has a place now, so the girls can put things away. So I am looking around the house and thinking. all my rooms need decluttered like that, especially the other kid bedrooms......if I am working when am I going to do that? when am I going to cook supper for my kids, who have come to expect a home cooked meal. when they go away to camp, or on a trip with their youth group, the first thing they say is "whats for dinner? I missed your food" and every night around 9:30. my body screams "GO TO BED!!!" How would I work all night? and when I did, how would I function the next day and get everything done for my family. I finally realized that in looking for work outside the home, I look for something that will fit in around everything else I already do. unlike most working people who work and then figure out when they are going to get things done at home. They told me they were interviewing 5 people for one postion. and they would have an answer last night. they did call me, but I was in the chiropracters and my phone was in the car. I tried to call them back but they didn't answer thier phone. I am pretty sure that they were just calling to tell me I did not get the job. which at this point is fine with me. we had a bit of an issues over hours. they said nobody gets seniority for the first 2 years. and I would have to work any and all shifts. day or night 7 days a week. I told them that my family keeps the Seventh Day Sabbath..... we believe in honoring God, from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday night. and that, that is how I am raising my kids. and that some of my kids are too young for me to say to them, you have to honor the Sabbath, but I don't. I am going to work. I told them that not only that, but as a family we need to spend Sabbath together. 6 six days a week we work, go to school, run around like chickens with our heads cut off, but when Sabbath rolls around we unite as a family, shut out most worldly things and spend time together, and with God. and I would not compromise that. they said they admired my convictions, but......... so that is where we left it. I also told them that my son had a similar situation this week, he went to his orchestra conductor about the trip this april to Carnegie Hall in NYC and told him that he would not be at the practice on Saturday morning, the concert itself is on sunday, with dress rehearsal on sunday morning. that we would be flying out and would spend Sabbath with him and return him to the group after sundown. (btw, I left this decision up to my son, he is 17 1/2 and I told him it was his call not mine. ) but the conductor told him that saturday morning practice was mandidtory. So my son told him he would not go at all then. (which on a side note....... the orchestra conductor also believes in the Sabbath with his religion. he also worships from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown. but only when it is convienent.) Anyway.... blah, blah, blah... sorry, this is getting long...... so I told them at the interview that I could not then turn to my son and say, that if fine for you to stand up for your beliefs, but I will not. So I told them I would not compromise. I am willing to give them 6 days but not 7. and even at that. with 5 kids. that is really too much to be willing to give them anyway.

But it is ok. this morning, I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone fixing what ever mess my husband caused yesterday with the internet connection. got his computer up and running. I am going to clean the house. do some laundry, and I think bake some bread and possibly even a pie. I am going to get our camper packed to go to our church campout this weekend. and I am going to relish in the fact that I got 8+ hours of sleep last night and I am here to care for my family.

On the diet front, everything is good and running smooth, been having trouble getting my water in, it is cold now and I would rather drink hot coffee!

I better get to my list.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote