Weight gain at WI

• I have been on LA Weight loss for a month today, and today I had gained 0.6 lbs. It is not TOM and I have been POP, but I guess those things just happen. I was trying to not feel discouraged, but my counselor was not very encouraging. I guess I expected her to say something like, "It happens to everyone", "Don't worry", but she really acted like she couldn't believe this just happened and I did everything I was supposed to do. And then, I got a little mini lecture during my measurements because my thighs are the same after I confessed to working out and using weights. (I lost 6 1/2 inches everywhere else). I am trying to stay positive and not hit the nearest Taco Bell for some food therapy, but I was really surprised by their response to a 0.6 lb. weight gain in 3 days.
  • Up .06 is not a cause for panic Jean, despite what a counselor says.. We've all had run-in's with Ms. Grumpy Counselor from time to time, so try to let that slide off your back. If it continues to really bother you, bring it up next time and let her know that you felt she was scolding you, rather than offering encouragement... Don't forget, for every one of us that sticks to the plan, they see plenty of people who think they can skim by and lose weight even though they don't stick to the plan the way they are supposed to, so that can often color their comments to us...

All of that said, make sure you're not diverging from the plan at all.. We've all gone through periods when we've "stretched" what the plan allows, thinking we're doing all the right things. It's almost a subconcious thing. Make sure you're getting in all your correct portions and aren't fudging it a bit here and there.. It's easy to slip and HARD to stay perfect all the time...

Keep up the hard work and you'll see the rewards!!
  • Congratulations on the 6/12 inches, thats amazing! Maybe it was TOM for your counsellor! Don't worry about what she said, .6 is nothing, weight fluctuates even when your doing everything right. You'll probably see those results you've been working so hard for in the next couple of WI. Keep up the great work!
  • Jean, sometimes it is just something a little salty, and I can pack on 4 pounds over night from one serving of salty turkey. So 0.6 pounds is just within the normal fluctuation day to day. Hey you can wear heavier clothes and be up 0.6 pounds. I wore jeans once (and only once) to weigh in and got scolded for gaining, but I hadn't gained at all really, I was just wearing jeans. They weighed about a pound more than what I normally wore. After a year on plan I've become an expert on what makes you lose a little bit before weigh in. What time of day you weighed in can make a big difference. What you ate right before. If you normally go in before breakfast and you go after lunch, you will be pounds heavier. Anyway, there is a counselor in my COD who just is the queen of lectures. I don't think it matters what you've done, she feels you pay her to scold you. I just really groan inside whenever I go in and she calls my name. The thing is that she could stand to lose 50 pounds and has for the entire 13 months that I've been going there, and to have HER scold ME, well sometimes I think she obviously doesn't know. Sometimes I wonder did she used to be 500 pounds or something, but I've not seen any before and after pictures of her. Another counselor, I have seen the pictures and her advice is always golden and encouraging.

Oh well, they don't make a lot of money and they have to listen to all of us whine about the scale not moving all day every day. I think I would have a hard time always encouraging people. Heck I've gotten way different thigh measurements, depends on who does it. A little higher or lower can make a huge difference. I can't believe my thighs shrunk a huge amount and then grew a little bit... doesn't make sense.

So anyway, just keep trying, You've already dropped an amazing 15 pounds in a month.
  • Thanks for the encouragement - this is what I was hoping from today at my center - maybe I should pay you guys the money!! And Dan, you brought up a good point - I have not drank all my water this week and not eaten all my vegetables and had regular cheese once instead of low fat, so I guess sometimes those little things can add up...Anyway, thanks for the kind words!!