Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #1  

Default 5' 11" with 10 pounds to lose...what would I be?

Hi Everyone! I've been reading these threads for months and you all are just great!
I have been the the LAWL center but have not joined…..a friend of mine did join and I have seen her materials, but am not sure that I would eat the same amount of food as she does – she is A LOT shorter than I am. Her plan has her eating 2.5 P, 2 Veg, 2 Fr, 3 St, 2 D, 2 Fats and Lites.
I am 5’11 and weigh 164 now, but would like to lose 10 pounds.
Which plan do you think I would be on, I have looked and looked but not found any other ladies who are tall like me.
Thanks so much!
LindaWlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I wish I could help you.......I am not familiar with the new plans........I stopped going to the COD when they were still doing the old color plans. Someone will chime in, I'm sure
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

164 for 5'11" is plenty low enough. I am 5'9" and my high weight for my range is 168.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #4  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

You should be able to drop 3-5 just by doing the Fast Forward or Take off. Then I would Start with Plan 2 and see what that gets you. If you don't lose anything then drop down to plan 1.

PLan 2: 2.5P, 2Fruit, 3 Veggies, 3 Starch, 2 Fat, 2 Dairy, 2 Lites
Plan 1: 2.5 P, 2 Fruit, 2 Veggies, 2 Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Dairy, 2 Lites.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #5  

Thanks so much, Nicole, Annie and Aguerin for the quick replies!

Aguerin, looks like Plan 2 is working well for you so tht inspires me!

Annie - Thanks for the vote of confidence.....164 looks pretty good, but it's just not quite there, if you know what I mean. I lost #30 on WW about 6 years ago and maintained at 174 for the longest time - I thought that was the magic number, then got to 164 and it is closer to the neighborhood where I want to be.....I like the LAWL plan because there are waaaay fewer funny fake foods than WW.

This Community is Great!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Linda, I guess for some people at 5'11" 164 would be very light, for others it would seem heavy. We are all so different. I have a friend who is my same height and looks very heavy at 135, which is a weight that I don't think I could ever get to. You should check your body fat percentage and see if you are being reasonable for your body though. There are web sites that will estimate your body fat percentage given your measurements, so you only need a tape measure and a few minutes to find out. I've read that women's essential fat is about 14%, so if you drop below that you might be risking health consequences.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #7  
LAWL: Gold -> Blue Plan

S/C/G: S:158/G:139

i am 5'9 and weigh 150 and want to get to 140. i am on blue because i am active. blue is: 2.5p, 3s, 3v, 3fruit, 1 fat, 1 dairy, 2 lites. if youre not as active, i would say you should be gold (what they orig were gonna put me on) which is the same as blue but only 2 protein and 2 starches.
ooodsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #8  

Oh boy! There are just so many variations of the plans out there! I just keep writing them all down! It's so interesting to me that the difference between #2 and #1 plan is one each: veg, str, fat and dairy.....
Then when you go from 2 to Blue, you gain another fru but lose a fat and a dairy.
Yikes! I can handle just one fat I think, but really want to have 2 Ds in my day!
I am doing the FF with grapefruit this weekend, then and going to try the 2 plan and see how the scale reacts.

DH is out of town so this is the perfect time to really switch things up!

I'll report back, promise!!!!!!! Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #9  

OK, soooooo......I had to pop back in and let you all know that I went ahead and went into the Center this morning. I knew it would continue to drive me nuts to guess what I should be eating and with my DH out of the house for a few more days at least, it's the perfect time for me to really do this thing!
So, AGH, I'm on Plan 1....I'm not that suprised, because it seems like that what a lot of folks get assigned to as they near their goal weights, but it is going to take careful planning to stretch the food throughout my days.

I get 2 each of Pro, Veg, Fru, and Starch and just one dairy and fat...and Lites. I think that it is kind of interesting that the food list they gave me is all lean fish and poultry and veal, no fatty fish or beef.
That was a little suprise. I think it stays that way for 4 weeks.

And the instructions for the TO did NOT include cheese. I noticed that and asked and yup, no cheese for Take Off.

The Counselor was nice enough to give me the full program rundown today so that I was able to go home and start the TO today and be ready to start with Plan 1 food on Monday without having to go back to the COD. The center is not convenient, so that's a big relief.

Oh, and I got in on a 6 week special program. So the cost wasn't too bad. I not terribly worried about not getting the maintenance sessions, but I can always add them at the end if I want to.

So - I made it through the day OK. I have to say, it does seem wierd to eat a completely green salad. The little devil in my head is telling me that I could probably use red bell pepper instead of green, but I'm just gonna follow the instructions and stick to the plan.

So - anyone out there who is on the same plan as me?????
Thanks!