3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Chicken Enchiladas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125198-chicken-enchiladas.html)

Mama Nicole 10-17-2007 05:33 PM

Chicken Enchiladas

Good day! We are sorry for the error. Below you will find our Pure Chef modifications:
Recipe Name: Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans enchilada sauce
1 1/2 or 2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breasts, size according to plan
8 oz. reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (8 oz.) container fat free sour cream
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can fat free reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
10 3/4 oz. canned no added salt tomatoes with chilies
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas

Preparation:
Place chicken breasts in a large pot with water; bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until meat starts to fall apart; drain. Cool chicken and then pull meat apart. Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 of sour cream. Combine enchilada sauce & cream of chicken soup in a separate pot; bring to a boil. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 2 1/2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese. Roll up tortillas, and place each, seam side down, in a cooking spray coated (13 x 9 x 2 inch) baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese over enchiladas. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.
Makes: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8th recipe or 1 chicken enchilada
Pure Exchange: 1/2 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 2 Starches, 1/2 Dairy, 2 Condimdnts

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!

Pure Chef

mandalinn82 10-17-2007 05:38 PM

???

What are these for?

Quote:

8 ounces fat-free sour cream
1 can (10.75 oz) reduced fat, reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup, such as Campbell’s Healthy Request®
3 medium tomatoes, diced

Mama Nicole 10-17-2007 09:16 PM

Ok, so not too sure........I sent in the recipe below for one of the other LAWL members to our "pure chef." I didn't really even read the recipe, as I have never had a problem with the LA chef before. I just copied and pasted from my e-mail. I am sure Krista can clarify if there are any other questions. Between the two of us, I am sure we can get this recipe stated more clearly. Thanks for pointing this out :)

Can someone give me the LA exchanges for this recipe? It is one of my favorites.

2 cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce (10 3/4 oz cans)
2 pounds chicken, boiled
8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounce fat free sour cream
10 3/4 ounce of cream of chicken soup
10 3/4 ounce rotel tomatoes
8 tortilla) flour tortillas

Directions
1. Boil 2 pounds boneless chicken breast in a large pot, boiling until meat starts to fall apart; drain. Pull apart. Stir in rotel tomatoes and 1/2 of sour cream.
2. Combine enchilada sauce & cream of chicken soup in a separate pot; bring to a boil.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 2 1/2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese. Roll up tortillas, and place each, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Pour Enchilada Sauce mixture over top.
4.Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese over enchiladas.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350deg for 20 minutes

Mama Nicole 10-17-2007 09:27 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the more irritated I am. I paid for online access to the Pure Chef, and it seems he/she does not even know if he is an LA Chef or a Pure Chef.....and obviously completely looked over the last three ingredients. I emailed them to see if they will re-do this recipe. Sorry Krista.......it will probably be another 5 business days.

KSingleton 10-18-2007 10:55 AM

No problem Nicole! I know this one may be a stretch anyway!

Mama Nicole 10-25-2007 11:20 AM

ok, Krista.......that should be better :)
XOXO

jennyjo 11-12-2008 04:30 PM

I don't know the fact about this but my neighbor made this and I rampped them to work for me and my plan

Chicken Enchilada's

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 whole green pepper
1 - 2 Tbs olive oil
3 spoonfuls of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1 - 1 1/2 cups of low fat sour cream
1 jar of chunky salsa
1 package of whole wheat tortillas (small size)
cheese can be what you like - I used reduce fat montery jack/mix (you choose how much you want to use)

Chicken - boil the chicken breast about 30 minute and then let cool a little and shredd with fingers.

Cut the green pepper up into little pieces and sautee in olive oil.
when tender sprinkle flour on and make almost like a paste.
then add your chicken stock and whisk (like a gravy) let simmer for a little bit
then add your jar of salsa, add your sour cream. (you now have your encillada sauce and you didn't have to use a can!

With the tortilla's you need to fry for 5-7 seconds on each side in Canola oil. I really pat these well...

I stuff the tortilla's with chicken and cheese and wrap up

In a 9x13 pan put a small amount of sauce (cover bottom)
then lay filled tortilla's seam side down in pan (squish so you get 5 in each row)
Then pour remained of sauce on top and top with remainder cheese.

Sorry like I said my staff said it sounded great but didn't give me numbers so I just guessimated...

Just a little idea!