Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #61  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Poot! I gained .4 at my WI this morning. It's TOM so I'm sure that's what it is, but it's still yucky. I'm really pissy anyway, so this totally didn't help!! LOL! I told my counselor that I had the munchies and she gave me a sample of Control Trim. I don't really like the way it makes me feel - sort of funky in the tummy!

At DH's visit yesterday, they told him they wanted him to do a Take Off. I'll be doing it with him - it's just easier that way! Maybe it will knock me out of my funk!

It is POURING outside - glad I don't have outside car duty this afternoon. Unfortunately, I do have to take DD to dance class this evening. I hope the rain slacks up! I hate driving in the rain.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #62  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Krista.......just wanted to let you know that your recipes are up in the recipe threads.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia, .4 pounds at TOM is really nothing to get too distressed about. It will be gone soon and take some friends with it most likely. Hard to not let it get to you though. Take off can be good. It is not so bad, and it is only two days. Nothing like a Take off to get you to appreciate how much food you actually get on LAWL. My gosh, I just was counting it up, and I think I've done at least 10 of them! I think I might need my head examined! I'm sure that scale really has driven me crazy.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #64  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Felicia - sounds like a TO would be good to break things up a little for you and keep you motivated. Those few ounces during TOM really aren't bad. I gain as much as 5lbs during that time!

I started the Control Trim yesterday. It does make your tummy feel a little funny if you don't eat something within a half hour. I'd say for our daily plans, it really shouldn't be necessary since we have SO much food to eat! However, it would be great for those times when we know we're going to be indulging. Like going out to a special dinner. Take it first and then you won't clean your plate and can take some of your dinner home in a to go box!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #65  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Just had to drop in for a quick visit - I just dropped off the $$ for the lawyer so in about 2 hours the house is mine. They are just processing the final closing now. Just waiting for the call.

Now I have to start taking things out to the car to take over this afternoon - lots o exercise - 3 flights of stairs in and out of the apartment...I will be very glad when the next few days are over but I also want to enjoy it too...

Have a great day everybody!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

yay! alannah! what a milestone. can you even believe how everything has progressed over the last year? I wish I could send you a house warming gift.

there, how about some balloons!
congrats!

Last edited by zambejaly5; 10-18-2007 at 10:09 AM.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #67  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone.....

Nicole - I'm glad to hear that DH called several times while out the the boys and included you.....it always helps when they call and try to make you feel included. Years ago when my kids were small, my DH used to go out with the boys every once in a while and I would feel exactly the way you did....I think it was because I recented the fact that he could just up and go without thinking about what to do with the kids and I didn't have that same luxury. Anyway...now he just goes to play golf and he usually invites me along but I like to give him that "boy" time and choose not to go about half the time so I can enjoy "girl" time or alone time which I seem to enjoy more and more the older I get.

Joni - hows your week going out of town?

Dan, Liz, and Kim2 - happy LAWL anniversary!

I had a birthday this week and indulged way too much I thought! DH and I went out to dinner and I was doing pretty good until some friends showed up at the restaurant to join us for dessert...ugh.....after a huge piece of really scrumptious cheese cake and a couple of glasses of liquid fruit later....I was regreting the indulgencies...but to my surprise when I went to WI the next morning (yesterday) I was only up .6 and then this morning back down 1.2...so not too bad. I've been hitting the elliptical really hard the past few days though and maybe that has made up for the extra calories.

Hi to everyone else...have a great day!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #68  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday when I went to COD, they are having an open house and wanted me to purchase more weeks because obviously I'm not going to reach goal in the amount of time originally purchased. This started me thinking about the sales pitch they give when you purchase the plan about the two pound guarantee and if you don't reach goal in the calculated time you get free weeks until you reach goal. I asked COD about this and her answer was to get the free weeks you can't have gone off plan at all, meaning you can't miss an item or add an item at any time to receive the free weeks. But of course they don't tell you that when they are wanting you to buy the plan...its just "it's guaranteed and you'll get all the weeks you need if you don't reach goal"....you know there is always a catch....I don't see how anyone could stay exactly on plan for that many weeks so I bet they have never honored that guarantee. I have 10 weeks left that I have paid for before I should be going to stabilization so I will continue my ten weeks and then go it on my own until I reach goal and then she said I could go back to COD and start stabilization at that time. The extra weeks that I'm on my own to reach my goal will be taken off the end of maintenance which will work but it is just the thought of them guananteeing the impossible and they know they will never have to honor such a guarantee.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #69  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Alannah... congrats.. it's been a long time coming and we are happy for you!

Well I jumped on as fast as I could yesterday and fell over in shock..KIMPHIN is back..happy dance going on all over the place! Miss you big time!

Nicole.. DH has been out several nights recently and I too have been bummed. He is my social connection sometimes to the outside world and when I'm on my 3rd consecutive night of solo mommy duty I get a bit grumpy too. But I know he always comes home missing us all and think that him getting out and doing his own thing gives him a break so that he can come home and be the great daddy that he is. Hang in there and if anyone mentions Mint Chocolate ice cream you know you are going to start a riot from one Canadian that will start a stampede to the local DQ!!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #70  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Afternoon! I've had a very missing morning so I'm just getting on, but I have some great news to share! The scales finally moved!! Yippee... My BNWI is down 3lbs.

I haven't been to the COD since a week ago Monday because I hate it when I'm doing everything right and they act like I'm not, so I only go when I know I'll have a loss. I know that is awful and not what I'm paying them for, but I am looking for motivation not humilation. So, my plans are to go on Saturday morning. I hope I am showing a big loss!
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #71  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Nicole-Thanks for the recipe exchanges! I just realized the Chicken Enchiladas are on there. They changed it up a little, but it stills sounds like it would be good. We are a family that likes to eat a little South of the Border. I love spicy foods. I made a really great Spinach Chicken Enchilada this week, and basically just divided up my allotments for one enchilada for me so I'd know exactly what I was getting than I made the a casserole dish for the family.
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #72  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Okay, Liza I have searched EVERYWHERE looking for the little ticker like you have showing the progress in body image. Would you mind to tell me where I could see that for myself?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Carrie, I think to have that guarantee, you have to buy the LA Lites. I was told no guarantee without them. You had to buy at least enough lites to get you through the weight loss phase to get the guarantee. My COD honored the guarantee, and I never bought additional weeks. I did however buy additional lites. So they got their money out of me. Sometimes I lose more weight when I have a minor indulgence, I think my body likes to drop weight when I mix it up a little bit.

Kristen, 3 nights in a row! Now that is enough to make the most reasonable wife grumpy. Now I am glad there is not a dairy queen close to here, as I didn't know they had the flavor that must not be mentioned.

Alannah, how exciting!!!! Always fun to arrange and decorate a new place so that it feels like yours. Glad you have some time off. Don't wear yourself out too much on those stairs! Moving is just plain hard work.

I had a pretty good night. Went and put another 5 miles in on the tread mill.
I was worrying that the clothes fitting looser was just my imagination, so I put on the city shorts that I've put on and decided were too tight the last 5 times I tried to wear them, slipped them on and ended up wearing them today, since they fit just fine now. So I won't need to start the naked crawl to Canada any time soon.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #74  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!

Is it quite around here or is it just me? I don't post much but I come on here several times a day. I was home sick yesterday and this is like my soap and I'm having withdrawals. It's like when I have a day off and finally get a chance to watch my show and it's been preempted by the stinkin US Open or something...hope that makes sense!

Anyways on the DH thing I can totally relate to that. Mine is in pharmacutical sales and has dinners out usually once sometimes twice a week. Even though he's "working" it ticks me off sometimes. He gets to go to all these nice places that I have never been to and sometimes never will while I stay home all night with the kids. I love them dearly but even the best moms need a break!

On another note I am soooo close to goal I can taste it! When I went to weigh in last week I was 137.2. We decided to start me on stabilization this Friday when I go in because I've been hovering right there for the last 6 weeks. WELL..I got on my scale this morning and it said 133.5! Hopefully the COD scale will be nice to me tomorrow because I realllllly want to hit my goal! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Well I should probably get some work done since I wasn't here yesterday! All of you other lurkers come on out and post! I need to get my fix...

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #75  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Kimberly - I created the virtual weight loss models here: http://preventionweightloss.mvm.com then copied the images and transferred them to my paint program to create the ticker.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote