October 15 (HALFWAY!!) ALLI SUPPORT HERE

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning all. Well it is another Monday and we are all here and going strong right?

Well I had a BAD weekend. I ate like a monster!!! Oh well, the week can only get better from here right? I hope so. We are still waiting to hear about the house. The owner is suppsed to be here within the week (I think). So we can hopefully get this ball rolling.

I am just maintaining again, which is better than gaining, right? I am planning on having a good...no GREAT week!

I hope you are all doing well!
  • Happy Birthday To Me!!
    Hey, all!!

The whoosh fairy came to visit for my b'day--5 lbs gone. (That means I lost the 4 I'd gained back last week plus 1. I'll take that, gladly.)

I checked in a day early, cause we're going out for dinner tonight and I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow morning--no need to shoot myself in the foot. I'm not planning on pigging out, but I'm sure I'll exceed my limits.

Had a really great weekend, Old Hey You was out of state visiting his family, our daughter came up and hung out with me. I finally finished painting my fence and spent lots of time walking the dog, kind of an early birthday present for myself.

So, all in all, this is a greatttt b'day.

Be Happy, Y'ALL!
  • happy b day beck whoosh fairy visited me too i lost 5 pounds this week !!
  • Forgot that we have a new thread on Monday so posted on the old one. Oh well!

Glad to hear most everyone is doing well and losing weight!
  • Didn't even look for the new thread, posted on the old one lol.
  • Still, I think I'll be maintaining this week too. I am pretty sure there won't be a loss after this weekend. Hopefully not a gain!

Sue, congrats on that 5 pounds!!!
    Shy, there is nothing wrong with 2 pounds! You are doing great!!
    Beck, 5 pounds for you too!! Woo hoo!!

Good news for my hubby too! He GAINED 5 pounds!!! Only 20 more to go to get back to his normal weight.

Keep it up ladies!!! We can do this!!
  • Tammy
    Glad hubby is doing better. Weight gain is a good sign
  • Tammy, I am glad your hubby is doing better, that is fabulous news!

Got2, WOW 5lbs!!!! That is WONDERFUL! Congrats!
  • Everyone is doing Great!!

Today is my 6th week Alliversary and I've lost 20 lbs. Not breaking any records, but I'm very satisfied.

After losing a pound or so a week for several weeks in a row, I lost 3.5 this week.

We are considering a move from Ca. to Oklahoma sometime in the future. I really would like to get my boys out of the city to the country and a few acres. It seems hough that land is not as cheap as I'd hoped and wages are pretty low. My concern is all the other bills we've acquired (car payments, credit cards, etc) will not go down with the move, but wages will.

Anyway, I'll talk to you guys later,

Cindy T
  • Taylormom
    6 weeks 20lbs I would say you are doing GREAT.

For me, 22 weeks 26lbs.
  • Cindy, believe it or not actual "cost of living" is lower in OK, than in CA. I know about the "other" expenses you talk about, but if you are selling your home you may be able to get enough to pay some of that debt off? Just a thought....I used to live in OK for a while...it is nice there..but I wouldnt trade it for where I am now in a million years!
  • Stilltryin- I know everyone keeps saying that, but we bought our house in Ca before the prices went up so high. We have a fixed payment of 822. We could sell it and come away with 40-60 thousand dollars, but if we go there and pay 20,000 down on a 120,000 dollar property, our payments will be about what they are here, but our income will be almost 1/2. We'll still have all our other bills as well. We could use the other 20-40 thousand to pay off one of the car payments, but we would need to use some of that money to move with as well. That would still leave us with monthly bills of about 1800-2000 a month. From what I can see, my hubby would only make 12-14 per hour there.

It looks like we'll need to hang around here a few years and pay off some bills before we can make the move. Of course, by then the boys will be getting older and there will be less reason to male the move

Relocating is a scarey thing for me. Can anyone tell me...I can't see how this works. If we were to sell our house, load everything up, drive across to where??? We don't want to buy a house that we haven't seen. Second, how can you get a mortgage when you have a brand new job?? We could rent for a while first, but who wants to rent to someone who doesn't have a job yet?? The whole thing makes me dizzy.

Cindy T
  • taylormom
    Is there a reason you are moveing to the area? Do you know people there? Might stay with them for a bit. You sell up, you stay with friends, he finds a job. Better even let him go get a job first.
  • 13 weeks of Alli, and I've lost 15 pounds. I know I haven't been as strict on it as I should be. In fact, I haven't even taken any the past couple of days because I honestly forgot. Also forgot my other meds too. Makes me wonder how many times I've done that lately with everything that has been happening. I guess I'm down 15 pounds, and that's better than being up 15!!

Cindy, that sounds like quite a move! Personally I wouldn't want to do it. Too old for a big change. Moving from one side of the county was enough for me a couple years ago. 30 minutes drive from one to the other.
  • Tammy
    That is great. Isn't that what a person is suppose to lose for a healthy weight loss.