macaroni and cheese, fried plaintain, and fried goat

• are some of the things my mom is cooking as we speak. this is why they are overweight, and this is why I have been struggling with my weight for so long.

Im sick of it. really sick of it. They couldnt eat well if they tried. everything they make is bad bad bad. and i dont know how to control myself not to eat what they eat when thats all their is to eat. which is why it is so easy to me to just tell myself not to eat at all.

bleh this sucks
  • i have no idea how im going to do this but im going to have to be stronger then ever. I really want to be healthy but I have to rely on myself to say no to all this stuff. ( I have to do this all on my own.

nothing healthy to eat in my house! i have no money. I lost my job. and im 15.

bad combination for someone trying to lose weight huh? eh i think we have veggies in the fridge i may be able to eat instead but how do you choose veggies when the ENTIRE family is eating a big feast of a dinner?

Starting tommorrow, I will start on my quest to lose these unwanted weight and to stop feeling so unhealthy like i have lately. i promise myself i will.

I decided that im going to try to stay as far away from the kitchen as possible.

Im so frustrated. soo frustrating. wish i could just give up but im just not that type of person
  • i am weak. i ate it
  • normal
    Oh, you're not weak, you're normal. There aren't many of us here who resist a feast like that well -- that's why you hear about people controlling what they have in the house, etc. You don't have the ability to control that yet, but maybe you can talk to your family as individuals and get somebody to cheer you on and be your champion to get healthy food in the house. I'll bet they care about you and what you want ... but they might get a bit defensive if you approach the situation by attacking their choices (which I'm not saying you've done! Just warning you from personal experience that you catch more flies with honey )

Don't give up -- get sneaky!
  • ^ thanks ill try but ive reccomended her trying to eat more healthy and put more effort into having healthy choices but she said she doesnt care about that stuff because she likes her weight and thinks dieting is stupid. "i want to eat, not die so why would i want to be on a die-it?"
  • Can you put some of your preferences on your mom's shopping list?
    It doesn't have to be an elaborate change causing her to cook differently. Maybe just adding nonfat milk and tuna to the list, or whatever you like that is healthful and does not require labor intensive separate preparation.
    And I guess when you can't get out of it, just eat small portions of what is being served. I LOVE macaroni and cheese but I don't eat a lot of it. But fried goat -- I kind of have an aversion to that one....
    jo
  • You do realize that 125 is not a healthy weight for someone who is 5'10", right?

I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with mac & cheese, fried plaintains, and fried goat. It's a matter of proportion. If you eat only that kind of stuff and not many veggies and fruits, it is going to be difficult to keep your weight under control.

Why don't you offer to help your mom shop and cook, and you can make salads and veggie dishes to go along with what she is cooking? That way you would have input into what food is being served and your mom would probably appreciate the help.