Old 10-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default stomach aches

I figured out the cause of my stomach aches. at the same time i switched to the new plan i also added a calcium supplement to my regime. the calcium was giving me a horrid pain in the stomach. i stopped the supplement and the ache went away! does anyone have any advice on supplements that do not cause belly aches?
Four pounds into my challenge! but i am going away with the DH and am not planning on staying on plan. lets hope i just do not gain.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Tuesday Cool

There are different kinds of calcium supplements: I searched for information for you and found the following advice on a government web site. Not sure if the link will be deleted because of the rules on this forum, but I saved it as a bookmark and will be happy to email it to you in a private message if it is deleted. Here's a summary of the part about the problems you may have had:

The two main forms of calcium found in supplements are carbonate and citrate. Calcium carbonate is the most common because it is inexpensive and convenient. The absorption of calcium citrate is similar to calcium carbonate. For instance, a calcium carbonate supplement contains 40% calcium while a calcium citrate supplement only contains 21% calcium. However, you have to take more pills of calcium citrate to get the same amount of calcium as you would get from a calcium carbonate pill since citrate is a larger molecule than carbonate. One advantage of calcium citrate over calcium carbonate is better absorption in those individuals who have decreased stomach acid. Calcium citrate malate is a form of calcium used in the fortification of certain juices and is also well absorbed

Some common complaints of calcium supplement use are gas, bloating and constipation. If you have such symptoms, you may want to spread the calcium dose out throughout the day, change supplement brands, take the supplement with meals and/or check with your pharmacist or health care provider

Here's the link: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/calcium.asp

Hope this helps
Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 196/178/155

Height: 5'7"

Finally into the 170s; down to 179.5.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a great week ahead. Dreading the rain that's supposed to be here all week. Please send the sunshine to Oregon; I'm not ready for winter!

-Hillary
twofortea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #64  

Default Sunshine today in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofortea View Post
Finally into the 170s; down to 179.5.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a great week ahead. Dreading the rain that's supposed to be here all week. Please send the sunshine to Oregon; I'm not ready for winter!

-Hillary
Hillary

Got your wish today. It was gorgeous outside. I actually wore a short sleeve shirt, but tomorrow is another story. Where in Oregon are you? I am in Hillsboro and go to the COD on 185th adn 26.

Roberta
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

I lost 3.6 pounds this week!!! Yay!!! For the last several weigh ins, I had lost 0.8 lbs. or 0.6 lbs. Hard to get excited about tenths of a pound. It was a hard earned loss. I was very tempted this week - I baked some special bread for my son (he is on a special gluten free/casein free diet for his autism) and it smelled soooo good.
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #66  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

No change for me on my scales at home, but I'm scheduled to go to the COD today. I hope for a change. What do you all wear to WI? I usually go in the evenings after work, and sometimes I know my clothes are playing a big part in my WI.
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 186/150.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Well I was down about 3 pounds for the week but put back on one at Saturday's weigh in. Realized I was PMSing but handled it okay...not too much chocolate! Worked out an extra hour on Saturday to make up for it. Looking forward to being down 2 more by this Saturday.
monster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #68  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Well my scale is down a bit.... We'll see tomorrow morning. I did my frst workout in two weeks this morning, wow, it was hard! I am going to try to go walking but I hurt my foot somehow, I think it may be the flip flop problem... The ball of my foot starts hurting then it radiates up through my toes, Ouchie!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #69  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends! I'm still battling a gain that I had last week from some weekend indulgences so I haven't moved my ticker!

Kimberly-I'm with ya on the workout thing. I really need to get back to it so my losses can be more consistent!

Congrats to all of you who are doing so great!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #70  
Crystal

S/C/G: 170/163/130

Height: 5'2"

At WI today I didnt go down, but I am thrilled I didnt go up! This weekend I went on a beach trip and ate a few things I shouldnt have, but my justification was that it was my birthday party, but as a B day gift to myself next WI I will be down a pound. YEAH!
Coyjc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #71  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone. I'm back from vacation and ready to start this challenge. My goal for Halloween is to be in 160's and my Thanksgiving goal is to be in the low to mid 160's. Congrats to everyone on their losses and keep up the good work. Remember to tell yourself every morning - I can do this for myself and repeat as necessary.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #72  

Hi all

I am so psyched. I lost another 1.8 since Saturday. I only weigh in once a week, but am leaving for 10 days tomorrow for a trip back east. They put me on a 2 week leave, but I will actually be back before the full two weeks are up.

Kimberly, that foot sounds painful. You know the drill, right? Ice for teh first 24 hours and then heat. Hope it heals quickly.

Have a great 10 days, not sure if I will be able to check in online while I am gone.

Roberta
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #73  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi gals! WI this morning and was down 1.6! WOOHOO, I am only about 5.4 lbs from my halloween goal and I know if I stay focused an most importantly POP, I can get there!!! Also they measured me and I have lost 23 inches since I started at the end of July! WOW! I was so surprised!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Roberta, thanks for the information on calcium. I was so relieved to find my stomach pains were from the pills as opposed to the diet. I was in agony! I just returned from a four day vacation with the DH (of 19 years yesterday!). and while we hiked and kayaked daily i did not bother to watch my diet. I found myself feeling full much easier then I would have in the past! We will see how WI goes in the morning.
I am so glad to have found this forum to kvetch and exchange ideas. My counselors seem to be on their own planet and talk was too fast! Tues
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Amy, I hear ya on the indulgence. We had a fall festival and I didn't stay POP. So I was up at WI on Monday.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote