3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   October 2007 The Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/124433-october-2007-beck-diet-solution.html)

BillBlueEyes 11-02-2007 06:08 AM

Tgif

Eating was on plan yesterday, but with lightweight compliance for exercise. I did half of my gym routine, emphasizing the chest press with dumbbells since I am now pushing myself to fatigue there just as is optimal for muscle development. Walking was reduced from average. Not an abandonment and not a problem, just a set of choices. Oh Well.

Will have a FREE lunch today, a celebration at work. The choices will be hot dogs or vegetarian chili. I plan for the chili since my head craves eating the hot dogs, but merely looks forward to the taste of the chili.

Before my healthy journey starting 2 years ago, I'd have hot dogs for lunch every month or so. They weren't particularly good, but I'd REALLY WANT them. It's such a funny feeling, this craving for a food. Particularly since, for me, it's not for a really desirable food (like dark chocolate or clam chowder) but for a mundane food. I've still got this, and assume that it will continue to rise up from where ever it hides within me. I need the Beck strategies well developed to feel the confidence that I will be able to counter the cravings when they arise. I'm shifting from the dream that the cravings will go away to the plan to develop my confidence that I will be able to counter them.

Sue - Nicely stated: "It is only food -wonderful but not an emotional crutch." Think I'll add that one to my response cards.

Congratulations on your two pounds and good luck with your 3 step plan for today.

Bethany - I continue to savor the image of you standing up for yourself at work. Hope your success at that contributes to more success. Have a mindful day.

Silent Majority - May you successfully confront any carving you experience today.

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXXXX 14 X|||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 15. 27 to go. Keep going!

coastalsue 11-02-2007 06:12 PM

HI

Boy those craving are sneaky and really funny at times--I have preplanned, recorded each bite, turned down an invite to lunch out, ate my lunch slowly, exactly as preplanned-kept spying my Dh potatoe chips-Which I do not like that much. keep telling myself focus on pear which will be the next treat, I don't want to use the cals on those chips-why I want to lost weight, alot of self talk, then out of the blue I asked for the chips and had a small handful-I was amazed how I went sort of unconscious and ate some-I went from noticing the craving to just indulging it. I woked up and stopped eating them-not alot of cal harm but this is not building new brain waves but reinforcing the old pattern. Some times I feel I must eat completely alone in a barren room in order not to do old habits. I am wondering about asking DH to put the bags or containers of caloric/processed types of food which he is eating out of my sight at all times. He tends to take 3-4 helpings out of the bag. Since we were eating lunch together on our deck I felt sort of stupid to leave him there and go do the jigsaw puzzle. I am kind of upset that I am so visually stimluated into having craving/desire just when I see the food. This why having the company and all food for social events is doing me in for a weight loss.

I am not so anger with myself but so amazed how quickly I can sabotage myself. Our next set of company will be the 3 day weekend next weekend. I sure would like some victories dealing with craving during this upcoming week. Like you said BillBlueEyes-not white knuckling it, but having a calming set of skills to use to avoid mindlessly giving into them.

Bethany hope you continue with the successes today at work. It is great to learn how to take of yourself. I am still learning!

sue

BillBlueEyes 11-03-2007 04:38 AM

Continued on November 2007 The Beck Diet Solution

There's a new thread for November:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...72#post1916472

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXXXX 14 X|||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 15. 27 to go. Keep going!