quaker weight control oatmeal???

• does anyone use this and do you count it as a starch??
  • Yes - it is a carb like other cereals. The weight control has more fiber and protein - but it also has more calories - and is more expensive. IMO - you are better off with the regular oatmeal and add your own flavor - if you need more fiber sprinkle on some wheat germ or that powdered fiber stuff and the milk adds protein - JMO
  • I use it a couple of times a week and on the other days I use Fiber One Cereal. This way, I am getting my fiber, variety in my diet, and 5 days per week I have less calories. I count it as one starch. The corporate LAWL doesn't consider it on plan, but the franchise one that I go to does. I add either raspberries or strawberries when it is hot and YUM!!

Maia
  • Quote: Yes - it is a carb like other cereals. The weight control has more fiber and protein - but it also has more calories - and is more expensive. IMO - you are better off with the regular oatmeal and add your own flavor - if you need more fiber sprinkle on some wheat germ or that powdered fiber stuff and the milk adds protein - JMO
    how do you count wheat germ?
  • i loveeee the weight control oatmeal. my center says its not on plan, but i am doing it anyway. i went to a registered dietician and she said to do the weight control oatmeal with milk instead of water to get a full filling breakfast and to balance a protein with a starch that way too. it tastes amazing w milk. i also cut up an apple and dip it in there when i eat it. its THE MOST filling breakfast i have found so far. i count it as one starch, one dairy when i use milk.
  • If you compare the nutritional information (from the boxes) from the Weight control to the regular, plain oatmeal (1/4 cup on plan), the Weight control is 160 calories to 75 calories to the plain oatmeal. If you use it, I believe you have to count the Weight control as 2 starches. The alternative would be to use 1/2 of a packet of the Weight control to stay in the calorie range of the regular old oatmeal and to count it as 1 starch. See my other thread entitled - Oatmeal Question
    Note: I love the weight control too especially the banana, but it has been sitting in my cabinet because I won't eat it until hopefully I can when I reach maintenance.

week 39
    LAWL franchise center
    Plan 2 with lites
    total lost 48 lbs.