3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Has anyone..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/123843-has-anyone.html)

healthy2b 09-28-2007 03:53 PM

Has anyone.....

tried any other weight loss centers such as Metabolic Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, etc? If so why did you choose LAWL over these and what was the difference? I've been on LAWL since JUne and haven't lost much weight so I was contemplating whether to try something else or just keep tweeking my diet to see if I can't make LAWL work for me. I chose LAWL originally because I wanted to learn how to eat healthy on my own without prepackaged foods but if thats not working, maybe I should try something else.

BarbaraB 09-28-2007 06:02 PM

Cassie, I did Jenny Craig many years ago. I lost weight very quickly, but it was really super hard, since they basically starved you. I read something somewhere that they now allow people a few more calories than they did when I went (I was put on a 1000 calorie a day diet and I was always so hungry). I ended up losing a great deal of lean body mass, so the fat loss was not really all that great. So anyway, the weight came back very quickly, since I never really learned any new habits eating all packaged foods. Plus the food is really expensive. People complain about the LA Lites, but the food at Jenny Craig is 100-120$ a week, and you eat all your meals from them. It makes it almost impossible to go out and eat in a restaurant or to travel. I know LAWL takes longer, but you are not losing at an unhealthy rate. So it might be worth it in the long run to go the slow route. On the plus side, you don't have to really decide what to eat. It is all prepackaged. So it can be convenient. I missed eating with my family and resented having to cook for them when I was not going to get to eat any of it.

I think with the surgery you had and all, perhaps you should give the LA Express a longer chance and see how you do on it. Plus you have traveled a lot and all, if I was doing everything you've done lately, I would have gained a lot of weight, but you managed to lose a little. Hopefully you are home for a spell and can really focus on the plan and see some results. I do think when people switched plans that they tend to not lose for awhile, and then they do again. The COD is probably just sick to death of hearing all the complaining about that. I mean how many times a day could you endure the frustration that is caused by the scale not moving. I know that some counselors are great at encouraging even when it seems almost hopeless.

Anyway, perhaps you should give it another go, and set some limit... like if you don't lose 3 pounds in 3 weeks, then it is time to go looking.

healthy2b 09-30-2007 03:44 PM

Barbara, thanks for your input.....I think I'll take your advice and give it a little more time since I should not be traveling for a while and see if I can make some progress:) I appreciate your advice!