3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Cooking Light Cookbooks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/123543-cooking-light-cookbooks.html)

MetalChic 09-24-2007 03:03 PM

Cooking Light Cookbooks

Does anyone have or has anyone ever used the Cooking Light Cookbooks?

I was wondering if the recipes were good and if they include nutritional information for the recipe.

I was thinking of buying some, but I wasn't sure. It's hard to shop for things online that you can't flip through, touch, etc...

:dizzy:

Thanks!

gina1221 09-24-2007 03:14 PM

I have several of the Cooking Light cookbooks (probably 6 or more plus the magazine subscription) and all of them have the nutritional information (as do the recipes in their magazines). All of their recipes that I have tried (many) have been great. I highly recommend 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes cookbook (if you can find it). The recipes are delicious and simple which I definitely need during the week.

Hope this helps. :D

Cookie_Monster 09-24-2007 03:38 PM

I also highly recommend the Cooking Light 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. The recipes are great, filling portions. It lists all the Nutrition info and even has a grocery list down the page of each recipe to make it even easier. I cook from mine at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Brendansmum 09-24-2007 04:02 PM

Try your local library. I have checked out every one that mine has. They are great, have good recipes and all the nutritional info is included.

Suzanne 3FC 09-24-2007 05:45 PM

Cooking Light recipes are fantastic! You can get thousands of their recipes on their website, if you want a good sampling or to see if they can fit into your plan.

MetalChic 09-27-2007 10:39 AM

I've looked at the Web site; and when I do a search, I get so many results I get frustrated and quit looking. I'm also a visual person, and a lot of the recipes on there don't have pictures. Any suggestions to find good recipes on there?

I didn't even think about the library! :dizzy:

I appreciate all of the comments. I think I'll buy some of them!

Thanks! :hug:

KSingleton 09-27-2007 10:51 AM

I would like to try some of the cookbooks too, but how do you convert the recipes into LAWL exchanges?

MetalChic 10-02-2007 12:05 PM

I'm not sure. I guess you would have to figure them out for each one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lynx 10-22-2007 02:05 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

MetalChic 10-22-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx (Post 1901443)
I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

Thanks! I can't wait...

NJGIRLinVA 10-23-2007 04:03 PM

I love the Cooking light cookbooks. I have a whole bunch of them. They usually sell them at Costco very cheap.

LindaWlek 10-23-2007 08:22 PM

I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individucal magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!

MetalChic 10-24-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaWlek (Post 1903324)
I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individual magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!

Are the recipes on their Web site the ones in the magazines or different ones?

AvidKayaker 10-24-2007 09:59 AM

I am also a devotee of Cooking Light Magazine and like LindaWlek I have purchased the cookbooks so I don't have to keep the magazines (seems to me that they're the same from the magazine to the cookbook - so I have paid for the magazine subscription and then the cookbook too!). The magazines repeatedly have great recipes and quite a variety each month. The first year I ordered the cookbook (from oxmoorhouse) I received an 'introductory offer' and it was one price, then the next year they automatically sent me the book at a much higher price. If you purchase the cookbook please make sure you get it from a source that will not automatically enroll you for an annual book unless you want that. Also, if you want to try the magazine you can get two months free
https://subs.timeinc.net/CK/ck_newbi...questid=263983 but be sure to write cancel on the bill unless you want to purchase a subscription.
I have found the website has many of the same recipes but not sure how long they have them online and when I find a favorite recipe I want to be sure I can get to it! I highly recommend Cooking Light Cookbooks and the Magazine too. Bon Appetit!

MetalChic 10-24-2007 11:52 AM

Thanks for the information, everyone!