Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #1  

Default Ugh. Stuck and frustrated.

I'm currently on Week 3 of my LAWL plan. While I have lost 6 lbs, I haven't lost any in a week and a half. Any suggestions? I have had some meals that I haven't been POP, but I haven't blown anything too out of proportion.

Is there anything to add or take away to change it up a bit? Any advise?

I started out drinking 2 Diet Dr. Peppers a day, and as of today am taking that down to one. (eventually none hopefully) Also, going to start watching the salt/sodium a little more than I have been. Other that though, I'm at a loss.

Was there ever a time where you felt like you were doing everything right, yet no results?

Thanks in advance!
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Brittany: Don't give up. See this other thread with some helpful information with links.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123272

Last edited by aguerin; 09-21-2007 at 11:05 AM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Brittany............put your sclae away. Your body is adjusting to it's new found health. It is wondering why you aren't indulging it in all of those delightful calories.............it will figure it out. Just give it some time. Our bodies want to hold on to those pounds. That is how the body is designed. There used to be times of great famine, and the heavier creatures survived..........right now you just have to fake it till you make it.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

by the way........is that your furkid in you avatar pic?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Brittany, I like to think sometimes we are making previous losses "real" since to lose 6 pounds of fat.. well you have to eat 21,000 fewer calories. So perhaps one time you had lost some water and now you've gone back and lost it in fat.

I often have a slow down or a small gain when I up the exercise. So if part of being really good is getting more exercise, it might lead to a bad week, but then the weight loss picks up again. Also the benefits of being more fit outweigh a temporary slow down on the scale.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I could not agree with Barbara more. It's mind boggling how it all works, since I'll see a big drop and then nothing for three weeks, I know it has a lot to do with exercise, fat, muscle, water, and TOM. I try to take it in stride and realize I have a lot to lose, and that it's just going to take time. Trust the program and like Nicole said, maybe put the scale away for a bit while your body adjusts!
You are doing great!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
by the way........is that your furkid in you avatar pic?
Yes, that's Houston, my white mini schnazuer at bathtime... He is my baby.
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote