3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I'm stuck and frustrated (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/122913-im-stuck-frustrated.html)

NaomiZ 09-15-2007 10:44 PM

I'm stuck and frustrated

I have been stuck at 140-144 for the last 6-8 weeks and am SUPER frustrated. I stick to the diet like glue and I just can't lose weight. Hubby bought me a juicer at a garage sale today (another reason I love him he remembered a few weeks ago I mention 1 time that owning one would be neat to try) so I think I'm going to try a juice fast for a couple of days to see if it helps as TO doesn't do anything for me but make me CRANKY. Any other ideas?

amylou7777 09-16-2007 01:55 AM

Naomi- try the 5 day plateau breaker that I posted earlier this week. It is realtively painless and it has REALLY worked for me. I saw results after a few days. I can't do the TO-it's just not enough food, but this I can do!

GOOD Luck and don't give up!!

Lynx 09-16-2007 12:02 PM

Hi Naomi,
Here are some things that I would consider if I were in your shoes.
First off, as I understand it, you purchased an 8 week express program and now you are doing the program on your own. You are hungry, not losing and frustrated. Right?
I looked back at some of your other posts and I did not see what plan you are on. Which colored or numbered plan are you following?
The 8 week program is a restricted food program meant to get weight off faster. It is not meant as a program that someone can stay on long term.
My guess is that your body has adjusted to whatever plan you are following and you may be in starvation mode. I say this because you say that you are hungry and have food cravings. For copies of the regular colored plans just Google – LAWL complete plans.
Have you tried fitday.com? It is a free service and you can track your food intake and exercise to see how many calories a day you are eating. If you are under 1200, you are getting too few calories. You may need even more than 1200.
If you are on your feet all day or you exercise more than 5 hours a week, you may need more food. A higher plan.
Are you losing inches, but not pounds? Are you fitting into smaller size clothes?
Are you drinking too much soda or pop each day? I have to limit my soda intake. Most days, I don’t even have 1 soda and I especially do not have soda the day before a weigh in.
If you have sugar cravings, have you checked in whether you have a yeast infection? Google Candida infections. This problem can hinder weight loss.
Do you use hot lemon water to get off water weight. The experts say to boil one half a lemon so that you get the oil of the rind.
Post you menus in the daily menu thread. This is also a good place to look for other menu ideas.
Be sure to mix up your food menus. Don’t eat the same foods each day. Keep you body guessing. Have your biggest meal for breakfast. Make sure you have your fruits and most of your starches by mid day.
Make sure you are having the allowed fat(s) each day. I sometimes think that this is one food group some people skip, but it is essential to weight loss. You have to eat a little fat to get your body to burn fat. I rely on my almonds or walnuts each day as part of my food plan. See list for other choices.
Lastly, plateaus are frustrating. Our bodies do not always lose pounds just because we are following the plan. This is especially true as you get closer to goal weight.

Take care. Hope that this helps you.
Plan 2 start 7/27/07
Gold 4/16-7/26/07
Red 12/27/06 - 4/15/07
46 pounds lost

NaomiZ 09-16-2007 12:10 PM

hey Lynn, I am on gold w/lites (lunas)
I am on my feet all day for work, no exercise lately due to a nasty lingering chest cold.
my size lose has stopped as well.
I don't drink pop at all or even much for juice. I did do a candida cleanse and then 2 weeks of strong probiotics to replace good bacteria.
I did use the hot lemon water but it didn't do a thing for me but give me heartburn.
Starches, fats and fruits are all in before dinner.
I looked at Amy's menu and it is pretty much what I follow anyway except I do still use condiments, but not a lot of them.

Lynx 09-16-2007 12:23 PM

My question is are using the Express gold plan or the regular gold plan? The express gold plan is a lower calorie intake than the regular plan. Like I said, I think you may be on too few calories and your body thinks it is in starvation mode.

NaomiZ 09-16-2007 01:24 PM

my book doesn't say express on it. I get 2P 3V 3F 2S 1D 1Fat

Lynx 09-16-2007 02:36 PM

Both gold and gold express would have the same food group components which you listed above. My understanding is that the 8 week body makeover eliminates certain foods like beef, etc. That is to say, the food lists are shorter within the food groups so that you were given lower calorie foods to consume than is available to those on the regular gold program. That is how LAWL could promise faster results.
I go back to my assumption that you are getting too few calories for your body's needs and that is why you are stalled.
I do not pretend to be an expert, but just am trying to offer you a different set of eyes to look at your situation and to offer suggestions.

NaomiZ 09-16-2007 05:26 PM

I think what they gave me was the regular program as nothing seems eliminated. I wish there was something I could compare my book to to find out.

Lynx 09-16-2007 07:16 PM

OK, Naomi - let's try this. My gold book is 44 pages long and the date on the back is 12/06. How many pages is your gold book?

NaomiZ 09-16-2007 07:29 PM

my book says on the front menu plan kit international, it is 56 pages 6/05 on the back. in the daily serving area it says for those in the UK to add 1 LA snack or 1F 1S to daily servings.