3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Reduce Plus and Excel (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/122762-reduce-plus-excel.html)

chiquita623 09-13-2007 01:21 PM

Reduce Plus and Excel

Just got back from my COD. There was a new person (:devil:) in there from another center and before she even looked at my diary or asked how I was doing, she looked over my chart and noticed I seem to be stuck at 175ish. First thing out of her mouth is that I would not be stuck if I were taking Reduce Plus and Excel. Gave me the hard sell but I told her their supplements were just too expensive.

The whole point of this post is to ask if there are any substitutions I can use for either of these? :?:

Thank you all for your help!!!

marzbe 09-13-2007 05:44 PM

Nothing for the Reduce. I'm sure I could find something, but that would take too much energy.

After I got tired of the $80 a month for X-cel, I went off it, but manged to gain an inch and a half in my waist in the first 6 weeks, and seeing that on maintenance the scale has been stable, the inches are my best measure.

I quickly added a chromium and a B complex vitamin in the morning, that inch and a half came right off. Plus, $6 month is a lot cheaper than $80. ;)

PinkVS 09-13-2007 07:09 PM

:hug: There stuff does seem pricey I am soooooo sooooorry that she acted that way people like that make me really mad:hug:

Pastrey 09-14-2007 08:26 AM

My two cents...might not even be worth that much, but I am not so sure that LAWL supplements are going to be the miracle cure.

Megan mentioned chromium and vitamin B. I know some people here take EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) as well. I take a multivitamin. I was taking LAWL's celluway, but when I compared the label to my vitamins - they were pretty much the same or the multivitamin was better and only cost a third of what the celluway did.

Perhaps speak with a pharmacist or doctor about what vitamins would be good for you, and what dosage. They will likely be less inclined to try and force a sale, and be more geared into helping you pick out what is right for you...

chiquita623 09-14-2007 09:37 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I thought about this all last night and decided that there really is no miracle pill and that I just need to be a little more diligent about my choices. I do take the EFA's but when this bottle is gone I'm getting them at Walmart. Other than that, I'll stick to my multivitamin that I've been taking for the last 10 years or so and just try to be a little smarter about things. Again - thank you for helping me put this in perspective!!

donnakd 09-14-2007 10:27 AM

I, too, have questioned lawl supplement regimen. I purchased the 3 month package when I started, but not sure I will continue. I think the one-a-day weight smart are good, and you could add chromium, or whatever other extra supplement. Also, Sam's Club is an excellent place to buy vitamins--they have several types of efa's--my hubby is taking an omega complex he found there that has flaxseed oil also. I will probably use that after I go through the lawl ones. You just have to take the same mgs--I think lawl recommends more than the labels on the ones bought elsewhere.

maiat 09-14-2007 11:57 AM

Hi,
Just a note to comment on what Donna said that LAWL recommends more mgs than other labels. I think that is true b/c I cannot take the LAWL vitamins - they make me instantly sick to my stomach and I end up throwing up all that I have eaten. I know this could cause me to lose some weight, but it isn't the kind of "instant" weight loss I'm looking for :-). Anyways, their vitamins (supplements) are much too strong for me, regardless of whether I take them before eating or after. I'm probably just too sensitive (or weird).
Maia

3meows 09-15-2007 04:06 PM

Hello,
I was a member of LA about 2 years ago and lost a considerable amount of weight. I did not get to my goal, but got bored and stopped -- gaining back weight slowly. To make a long story short, I went back a couple of times since then and stopped. I have not been to the center since last spring. I still have bars there if they still have my account on file. The center has changed their name to Pure Weight Loss. Do you dthink this will affect my account? I am hoping they still have my file on record. Should I call them (with my tail under my legs) and make an appt. to go back? I really feel as if I am ready to get back on plan and feel pretty focused. Suggestions would be great!! THANKS SO MUCH