3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Prices/Nursing Moms??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/122716-lawl-prices-nursing-moms.html)

PinkVS 09-12-2007 06:43 PM

LAWL Prices/Nursing Moms???

:carrot: I have a APPT at lawl in the morning,I guess they cant tell me prices over the phone =( So I guess I will see I hope its not to much money but I have been told its pricey....They said they have a nursing program ;)

BarbaraB 09-12-2007 06:49 PM

PinkVS, They have some new lower price options now, as I've seen it advertised for as low as 199$ So I don't think it is expensive as it used to be, of course that was a special. I think the lower cost plans you come in less frequently (when I started you had to come in 3 times per week and get weighed) Now you only have to do it once a week. Not as much accountability, but a lot less cost.

Mama Nicole 09-12-2007 09:54 PM

Keep your goal a little higher than you may have..........you pay for each week of WL and then 6 weeks of stabilization, and then 52 weeks of maintainance..........so, if you tell them you want to lose 20 lbs.....that is 10 weeks (they estimate 2 lbs per week) + 6 weeks+52 weeks=80 weeks......at $7.00 per week, or whatever the current price is......you are looking at $560. That is the cost without lites....which is more. I am not trying to scare you.......just be prepared.......they do run specials all the time, like Barbara said.......but be prepared. And only spend what you can spend. It is a great program.......so don't not go because of the cost........just be prepared.....and remember, they want your business, so if what they ar trying to sell you can't work for you......ask for more options......:) I hope this helps. I am not familiar with their nursing program.....but I am sure they have something.

agraygirl 09-12-2007 11:55 PM

Hi Im new to the board, Im going to speak frankly here and hope I dont break any rules!

I was nursing when I started LAWL. They basically moved me "up" one plan and I couldn't take any of the supplements. So yes, they offer something for nursing moms.

This diet really encourages healthy eating so I believe that doing this would be good for you and your baby.

When I started the cost was around $500 for a year. Look for days that they run "specials". I recently refered my aunt for $199 for a year... you just have to have good timing I supose.

Also, I dont do the bars, Im not sure all centers will let you do the diet with out bars but they were way to expensive for my tastes. They are yummy. :) You will get a few free samples.

hollyak24 09-13-2007 09:26 AM

FYI: I looked into it when I was nursing but very close to weaning. I tried to get out of bars due to nursing and they told me they were not contraindicated for nursing. I waited until I weaned my son; he was 14 months. I joined for $3/week, but my center requires me to purchase lites. They were on special when I joined for 40% off, so $12.60 per box of 14. This worked out to be about what weight watchers was per week but I also got bars.

Let us know if you have more questions.

PinkVS 09-13-2007 07:00 PM

I went I guess I need to lose 28lbs :o I gained 2 ......For one year it was $398.40 for 12 months the la lites were optional I guess when you lose weight in a certain amout of time after they send you money back its only 149.70 seems pretty good to me thats if I can lose Breastfeeding seems to make me VERY VERY HUNGRY,and very hard to lose weight I want to do it and there 6 week service is $179......Are these good prices the girl that helped me lost alot she had her old pants up on the wall really motivating.....Nursing moms did you lose weight on lawl?

dawn78 09-14-2007 10:12 AM

I’m nursing and doing LAWL. The first couple of weeks started out well, but now I’m really struggling with taking the weight off. I’m only losing a few ounces a week so I’m starting to lose my patience. I should have been close to goal by now. I did LAWL before I got pregnant and I did very well so I keep comparing my weight loss now with my weight loss then. I don’t know how long I’m going to keep nursing, but I’m thinking about throwing the towel in pretty soon. At the same time the nursing part is going so well and it’s the best thing I can do for my baby but some days I’m bordering on the edge of being depressed about this extra weight. I’m in a wedding in January and I was hoping to at least have another 15lbs off, but at this rate I don’t see that happening. Also I have to make my dress fit for this wedding, right now I’m pouring out of the top of it so either I keeping nursing until after the wedding & have extra material added to cover me up or I quit so I can loss the extra inches in my chest and hopefully in my waste. I know that was a little off topic, but I’m really torn on what to do.

Getting back to nursing and doing LAWL, they do offer a good program for nursing mothers. They allow a lot more food, especially if you don’t do the bars, but the weight loss is a lot slower in my case. The COD told me my body is just fighting letting go of the extra weight because it needs it for producing milk. I know a lot OB doctors will tell you to not even diet when nursing because of this, they don’t want the weight loss to affect the milk supply.

4us 09-15-2007 07:53 AM

Hmm...they wouldn't let me come back until I was done nursing. Boy is my COD inconsistent!

Lynx 09-15-2007 09:49 AM

Dawn - Just a couple of thoughts for you. I know it is frustrating to lose slowly, but if I understand where you are at 143 and 5'1", it can go slow even for someone not nursing. At 143 it is common to be losing just ounces a week. Also, don't compare one weightloss time with another. It just doesn't always work the same way each time you try to lose weight. Often, the body fights the second time around, etc. When you get uptight, as we all do, you are stressed and your body just holds on. Of course, the decision of whether to continue nursing now is yours. Whatever you decide, I hope things work out for you. Take care.

dawn78 09-17-2007 11:56 AM

Christine – Sometimes I wish they would have made me wait to come back until after I was done nursing. The honeymoon stage is really starting to wear off and I don’t know how much longer I can be POP without seeing results. I try convincing myself that if I hadn’t started back, I’d still be 14lbs heavier. Some days it works!

Lynn – Thanks for trying to look at my weight loss more positively, but I updated my ticker & I’m currently at 166. I was at 143 when I got pregnant. I think I decided to keep nursing until the end of November. That will give me almost 2 months to “adjust” before this dreaded wedding.