Old 08-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #1  
Sassy Chick

Default DH Wants to Lose about 20lbs with me....

Hi gang! I am not trying to be a bother, but my DH has decided that he wants to participate in my LAWL journey with me and lose about 20 pounds. I just don't know what to tell him! I am back on LAWL again. Did it once before I got married, lost about 60 pounds, and have since gained it all back. My husband has put on about 20 pounds that he wants to lose, so we made a pact to do it together! I was on the Red Plan before...so I've started doing that again. Well, actually I've gotten info on this new "Feel Full" plan, so I am trying that - but wow! So much food to eat everyday! But I digress....my point: I am trying to lose about 80 pounds, and DH only needs to lose about 20. Any suggestions as to what his daily intake should be in each category? I've been guessing, but I don't want him to overeat and not get any results or starve him!! Any advice or suggestions are welcome!!! THANKS!
LHB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

What is his starting weight? This will help us figure out what plan he should be on. I'm not sure how they determine plans for men, but I'm sure someone else out there will know.

I think it's great he is doing this with you. This is my second go around on LAWL & the big difference between being successful this time and not last time is I am doing it with two other people. Last time I lost about 20lbs before I quit and the only thing different this time is the support group I have.

Good luck!
Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #3  
Sassy Chick

I know, Kathryn! I think it's great that he is so "gung-ho" about the program and sticking to it. It certainly helps keep me accountable. I think it's a great program...even better now that it is not quite so restrictive. That was my problem last time...I just got burned out on eating the same thing day in and day out. That leads me to my next issue....
I am not losing! I have actually gained 2 pounds! I have been following the "feel full" plan - which, when I did the program before I was on the Red Plan. Now, on this new plan I am supposed to eat 31/2P, 4V, 4F, 5S, 3D and 2 FT. SHEESH! I have a hard time getting it all in in a day! Am I doing something wrong? Why do you think I'm gaining?
I get off on tangents, I'm so sorry!! MY HUSBAND! He is now 179 and wants to be at 160. He is about 5'8", medium build. He's getting discouraged to because he is gaining weight - not losing! I don't want to give up!! Any help ya'll can give would be oh so greatly appreciated!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #4  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

You know, you both may be surprised that he just may lose by association. Since I started in late March, I'm down almost 50 and my hubby is down about 30. And it's all because of the types of food that I keep in (and out) of the house now. He eats the same dinners that I do, the same snack foods, drinks more water, etc. And it's all because I just don't buy the other stuff any more. Not to mention, it's just not there for our son either. And then it's less temptation for me!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #5  
Sassy Chick

Thanks for that point, mgresso....that's a good one! The first time I did it, he just ate what I cooked and he ended up losing weight. BUT, this time around he actually wants to actively participate. So any ideas as to what his portions would be? THANK YOU!!!