Old 08-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

Question Newbie to the forum with questions

Hi everyone!! I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now, and I wish I would have found you last year! I love the support. I have done LAWL last June until January of this year. I had lost 20 pounds from June to November with a few long plataeus, and finally gave up in January when I didn't want to buy more weight loss weeks for the third time. Reasons for quiting were that my two favorite counsellors quit, and I didn't like the remaining staff. I found they repeated questions why I stopped losing weight, and wouldn't try anything different to help me. They would say "we will see what happens next week." I had started on Gold w/lites, and then moved to Blue w/lites because of my early morning starts at work. I was getting so frustrated, so I took all my bars and tried to do it on my own. Well, that didn't work so well. Even though I had the knowledge, no one was on my *** to make sure I was sticking to the program. I am now back to where I started exactly. So after humming and hawing, I made an appointment with a different centre, and Monday morning, I will be part of the program again. This time, I will have this forum to help me, as I can find more answers here with an unbiased opinion. So now I have a question. I am REALLY debating buying the lites. I do have sweet cravings, and they have helped. But if they changed the formula to the bars (Caramel was my favorite!), I may want to try it without. I am not sure if my COD is on the new plans yet. How is everyone doing out there on the new plans with AND without the bars? I noticed that we can have ff pudding and jello. This would help the after supper sugar cravings. Are people still losing 2 pounds a week on the new plan? I lost very well on Gold the first month. I am very excited to get back on track, I just don't want to invest money on the bars if they may hinder my weight loss. Thanks for your help everyone, and I am glad to be aboard!!!
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:59 PM   #2  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

I have not found a big difference in using the lites versus not using them. I had been having issues with the lites so I finally went to my doctor who has taken me off them for soy intolerance. However, my weight loss record has been the same whether I was on them or not. I have spent most of the summer on and off the lites and I am playing with the same 5 pounds - up and down over and over. But I do not believe it has anything to do with the lites. It is my own personal boredom with the plan and my allowing myself to be lead down Cheater's Lane. I have found that if I follow the plan and stay POP - I lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Now - if I could just not celebrate that loss with a Spangles Mudslide - I would probably keep it off. My advice is to try the program without any lites. If you want to you could substitute Lunas or Prias as they are much cheaper. If you find that you aren't losing as fast as you want - go ahead and add them. I understand that there are always lites available at better prices if you check out ebay. Good luck!
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I am currently on gold w/lites. My COD doesn't have the new plans yet. Others here have substituted various bars for the lites and are successful. I need the chocolate, and have a bunch of boxes paid for already.

Good Luck! You will find lots of support here on these boards!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

Thanks for the input AND the welcomes.
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote