3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/119498-oatmeal-yogurt-pancakes.html)

Lynx 08-02-2007 08:37 AM

Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes

Good day! Thank you again for submitting your recipe. Below you will find our LA Chef modifications:

Recipe Name: Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes

Ingredients:

1/4 dry oatmeal (1 minute oatmeal)
scant 1/4 cup low fat yogurt
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
1 tsp. SplendaŽ
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl.

Place on cooking spray coated griddled and cook on both sides until brown.

Serve with a fruit serving of your choice (pineapple, strawberries, or blueberries), size according to plan

Makes: 1 large pancake

Serving size: 1 recipe

LA Exchange: 1/2 Protein, 1 Starch

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

vealcalf2000 08-02-2007 10:05 AM

Oh that sounds yummy! I already had breakfast but may make it for my lunch or for tomorrow. Thanks for posting! :p

vealcalf2000 08-02-2007 01:57 PM

I just made this and it tastes really good! Note: I bought my son some of those light yogurt tubes and it's almost exactly the amount you need to makes these. LOL, I used Watermelon which is slime green so my pancakes are a "lovely" green hue. Thanks for the post!

Heather115 08-13-2007 12:48 PM

I was searching for recipes that I could make using my George Foreman grill. This looks good, but am not sure how it would do for my weight loss. I think it would count as 1 P, 1 S.

Cornmeal Crispy Chicken

This simple five ingredient recipe is crunchy with cornmeal and filled with flavor from Italian seasonings, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS:

* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 egg, beaten
* 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
* 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice

PREPARATION:
Rinse and drain chicken and pat dry. Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and pound the chicken to 1/3" thick.

Pour beaten egg in shallow bowl. In a shallow pan, combine basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and cheese. Brush chicken with the lemon juice, then dip in beaten egg and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Let sit on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.

Spray George Foreman two sided grill with nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken for 4-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brown and crisp. 4 servings

QueenLucia 08-13-2007 01:02 PM

That sounds great!

MomOfThreeTeens 08-13-2007 01:14 PM

Maybe somebody with LA online access could email this to the LA chef and see what they say! It sounds yummy!

Heather115 08-13-2007 02:36 PM

It might have helped if I could have posted the recipe name instead of just adding it under the yogurt pancake thread. Maybe I'll try again...