MN Disaster

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • If you haven't turned on the news you probably aren't aware that a whole bridge collapsed in downtown minneapolis today. My husband would have been on that bridge at the time of the disaster but got a craving for white castle instead! Praise the belly bombs!!!!!!! My husband is alive. praise God
  • My daughter is a grad student on the East Bank and lives a few block from the highway collapse. I couldn't get through on her cell phone for hours but was relieved to finally hear from her that she was OK. She walks everywhere and rarely drives, but I was still nervous. Thank God your husband was OK Were you able to get a hold of him right away? Must have cause some anxious moments.
  • You must be holding him tight tonight Thank goodness he is safe. Were there a lot of people hurt?
  • I am a native of Minnesota and have relatives in both St.Paul and Minneapolis. I am holding off calling until tomorrow and am praying that everyone is safe.
  • I'm so glad for everyone here who is accounted for and their loved ones that live there. When this came across the wire my heart just sunk.. I knew right away this is a bad, bad situation. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.
  • Last I heard, there are 7 dead, with lots more injured... What a sad situation this is.. I'm thankful y'all's loved ones weren't involved.. Makes me want a White Castle burger...

Reminds me of the San Francisco bridge collapse back in '89...

Thoughts and prayers!
  • I know what it's like to have your husband spared... you'll find yourself cherishing him even more! A lesson for all of us!

For those still waiting... my prayers are with you for good news!

Blessings,
  • Amy and Anne - Praise God that your loved ones are safe!

Bargoo - please give us an update when you get through to your family.
  • As of right now, there are 4 confirmed dead and at least 20 stilling missing. Some of the survivor stories that are coming out this morning are amazing. There was a school bus on that bridge with 60 kids on it and if it would have been a car length more ahead it would have probably been in the water/road below. Thankfully they all made it through. Could you image how terrified those kids must have felt and probably still feel?
  • Oh, Dawn, I saw that this morning...about the school bus. Thank God, thank God, thank God those children were okay.
  • I'm so glad that your loved ones are safe and I pray for those that are still waiting to hear and the families who are dealing with the loss.
  • We saw this on CNN last night about 9:00 -- tried to get thru to my brother in law and family that live in Minneapolis. All circuits were busy on the cell phone -- never did get thru. My husband was going to do the calling today. I am going with "no news is good news." We have been on and under that bridge in cars going to Twins games when in MN. It is so tragic and unbelievable. Prayers and thoughts going out to everyone.
  • Now more than ever, this is true:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
  • amy2liz30 - Thank God for those cravings!! I'm glad DH is safe.

My heart goes out to all those families involved. I can't even imagine ...

Dan - If I remember correctly, the bridge that you're referring to in CA was earthquake related. That was horrible. I lived in CA at the time, not by there, but my aunt lived not too far from there. It took her the longest time to drive on any freeway/highways in CA because of that.
  • My daughter has a friend she works with in her lab who was driving home that night and planned to drive over the bridge but saw all the traffic backed up. At 6:03 she turned at the intersection before the bridge and went another way home. She would have been on it at 6:05 when it collapsed if she had gone straight. Gives you chills!