3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Expert Opinion - Cassie & Katie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/119433-expert-opinion-cassie-katie.html)

aguerin 08-01-2007 01:09 PM

Expert Opinion - Cassie & Katie

Here is a question for those of you who have been on the program for a while. I have seen the substitutes for LA Lites with other bars and have seen the Slim Fast Optima used as a protein/starch replacement on the 21 day boost, but here is my question. . . .

After reviewing the nutritional content of the LA Lites and the Slim Fast Optima, they are VERY comparable, do you think it is possible to substitute a Slim Fast Otima for an LA Lite Bar? If so would it be o.k. to do it twice a day? I think the Slim Fast would satisfy you longer than the bar so I was just wondering......

Here is the nutritional information for both

Slim Fast Optima (Strawberry / Rich Chocolate Royale)
180 - 190 Calories
45 - 54 Fat Calories
5 - 6 g Fat
23 - 24 g Carbs
5 g Fiber
10 g Protein

LA Lite Bars (Cookie Dough / PB)
190 -180 Calories
40 - 35 Fat Calories
4.5 - 4 g Fat
30 - 30 g of Carbs
<1 - 3 g Fiber
8 - 8 g protein

Thanks Ladies. Your Opinion is appreciated. :D

Katy66 08-01-2007 01:11 PM

I'll be interested in hearing the expert opinions. It seems logical to me and would probably like to substitute occasionally.

Mama Nicole 08-01-2007 01:18 PM

I'm no expert, but I have been at this game a long time.....and I believe it would be just fine. If nothing else, give it a try for a set period of time to see if you are losing.....if you are......then I say go for it :)

bizlawchik 08-01-2007 01:46 PM

Interesting! I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I agree w/Nicole. Try it and see how your body processes it. Some people need the "chew" to feel satisfied (one of the reasons I add the string cheese to the slim fast to make it equal a slim down). But others don't. When it comes down to it, losing weight is a matter of calories in vs. calories out. But since everyone processes things a little differently, you may process carbs better than me. Or I may process protein better than someone else.

They are pretty close. I would think it would probably work.

Repo girl 08-01-2007 01:48 PM

I agree as well. Why not, if you like them better and are satisfied longer?

aguerin 08-01-2007 01:52 PM

Thanks Ladies. I will let you know if this works or not. I don't plan on it being my new style, just wanted to create some options.

bradleys mom 08-01-2007 11:39 PM

Amy, Thanks for posting the comparison. I think I may try it too. I have stressed so much, because I love the Lites, and I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, But I didnt qualify for care credit and definitely didn't have the money to buy the bulk. I did however try them for a couple of days, but that wasn't long enough to see if they made a difference. What should I tell COD if I do choose to do them? Because I would go from Blue to Gold if I used Lites.

Mama Nicole 08-01-2007 11:54 PM

Kinmberly......I do not think you ought to go to gold at all. I WI at 200, and I do red w/o lites.........but if I did lites, I would do purple......but now as I am typing this, I remembered that the plans may have changed since I was last at the COD. Anyone else care to chime in on this one? Cuz I keep thinking you ought to be on Red with lites........

MTdebster921 08-02-2007 12:20 AM

Kimberly-
I am curious as to why you are on blue in the first place? I started at 256 and we are the same height. I was on red with lites until I got to 220 then went to purple until I was 180. If you weren't doing the lites, you would be on red1.

amylou7777 08-02-2007 12:39 AM

I wonder the same thing. I have been on Red w/lites all along and am now at 260...let us know what your center says?!

Joni135 08-02-2007 08:58 AM

Just curious - the CODs say it's the "soy" protein that makes their bars so special...is the protein in Slim Fast Optima coming from soy protein??

Also, I'm with Cassi and need the chew/crunch factor. I really liked the lites, but Kashi Go Lean bars are my favorites now that I don't go to the COD. I can get small boxes at WalMart for $3.68 (4 bars I think) and my warehouse club had a gigantic box (but the price worked out the same as WalMart's).

bizlawchik 08-02-2007 02:15 PM

Kimberly - I'm w/Deb on the Red w/lites thing. I'm supposed to be on purple until 181, but they switched me a little early because of school.

diane1224 09-03-2007 10:59 PM

Just curious.....what is COD?

emmysmom 09-04-2007 10:00 AM

center of doom :)