3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   July 30-Aug 5th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/119198-july-30-aug-5th.html)

Repo girl 07-31-2007 09:00 AM

Morning everyone! My little sister is really close to labor, the Dr said that she was dialated to a 3.5 yesterday. I am just waiting by the phone with my camera and video camera all charged up. It is so exciting! I get to be in the room with her, along with my mom and older sister. Since my babies were all C Section, this is a first for all of us. I have made arrangements to take a day or 2 off work when the baby comes, so that I can be at the hospital, then also be able to clean her house, buy her some groceries, take care of her toddler, etc. I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

Oh, and I wanted to say, that I am so happy and grateful now for my beautiful, thin body.

Katy66 07-31-2007 09:01 AM

Good morning! Well I built up my courage this morning and stepped on the scales after my 5 days of camping + 1 day of TO. I must have done better than I thought:) My BNWI showed my down 4lbs from my 7/20 WI at the COD...I know it may not last but keep your fingers crossed for me, PLEASE! Needless to say I'm energized about my 2nd day of TO and know I can stick to it. By the way, the knudsen's is so much better tasting than the LA TO. I might keep some of it on hand for a quick class in the am to get in a fruit.

Need to call my DD's doctor this am. I'm pretty sure she has a UTI. Her first one ever. Not sure what triggered it but I was very prone to them as a kid. I hope this isn't a start of issues for her. I just hate seeing her sick...would much rather it be me.

Renee- you make some very good points and being the mother of a young girl (4 yrs old) I certainly don't want her to think that she has to be rail thin to be acceptable. I talk a lot about being healthy and happy as well. Boy, being a parent is hard!!!!:)

Welcome back JulieMarie, I'm new here since you've been away. Good luck with the new job and getting started back on plan. Looking at your ticker you've already accomplished a lot, congrats!!!!!!!!

Jill, Congrats on your loss as well.

Well I better run and make that call to the MD now that they are open and see if I can get some work done before I have to leave for an appt. Take care and have a great day!

Katy66 07-31-2007 09:03 AM

Katie - How exciting! You know there is nothing better to make all your worries and frustrations go away than holding and looking into the face of a baby:) Enjoy your time and how great of you to help your sister out! Aren't families great?

Repo girl 07-31-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy66 (Post 1797022)
Good morning! Well I built up my courage this morning and stepped on the scales after my 5 days of camping + 1 day of TO. I must have done better than I thought:) My BNWI showed my down 4lbs from my 7/20 WI at the COD...I know it may not last but keep your fingers crossed for me, PLEASE!

Katy- Wonderful! You deserve that loss! Now, do not say that "It probably won't last". Say, "I am thrilled with that loss, and I am going to keep it!" We all need to learn to master the mental side of WL. You have worked hard to get those 4 lbs off, no reason to give them permission to come back!

emmysmom 07-31-2007 09:45 AM

Welcome back, Juliemarie!! :carrot: Like Katie said, the daycare thing will get easier. But then again, I still have some days where I feel like I can cry when I drop her off:( She's going to love it though...so that should help you feel better knowing that she's making lots of new friends.

Katie - Wow!!! Baby coming!!! I'll bet you're ready to jump out of your seat and get to that hospital. Make sure you post a picture of your new little niece/nephew. I love what you said at the end of your post about being happy and grateful for your beautiful thin body. That's what I need to do - refocus and be thankful for what I've accomplished.

CandlePrincess 07-31-2007 10:12 AM

Juliemarie...wait till you have a day that you PRAY she can go to daycare! LOL that's my day today! DFS is home becasue he has visit in about 30 mins....and then the rest of the day will be a challenge because of that 2 hours of chaos.......wishing I could just drop him off at daycare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

smjezzy 07-31-2007 10:44 AM

Morning morning and good morning. Day 2 of no rain and I have a headache to beat the band...whatever that means. Temps climbing to mid 90's, ugh. RAIN, COME BACK RAIN. Funny to walk out in my yard and sink a little because it's so saturated.

Katie - congrats on the pending new family member

Tina - I never got over sending mine to daycare. It was a major source of guilt for me. Now I wish I could send him to daycare!

Katy - sorry your dd is sick - hope it passes quickly!

Pearl - I think we noticed the same situation with the boys. I still wonder if it happens that way with girls. I'm short and didn't have a weight issue when I was younger so I have no idea if girls go thru the same cycles.

Everyone else good morning and have a fantastic day~!

Angie 07-31-2007 10:51 AM

Welcome back Julie! How did drop off at daycare go today? If she cries when you leave, it's probably only for 2-3 minutes. Sometimes I drop DS off, and he cries, but when I peek in the window on my way out he's already moved on to play with a toy and is fine.

Jill -- Way to go on your big loss! That's awesome, and also fabulous that you pushed past your 30lb mark.

Nanette -- I have Deb's cookbook, which is far more expansive than the COD one. I can email it to you. Just PM me with your email address if you're interested.

Katie -- Can't wait to hear that you're an auntie! I am also thankful for my body, and that I can always maintain my perfect weight.

Katy66 -- Wow, great loss! Congratulations on that! I hope the appt for your DD goes well.

Shannon -- Oh, I SO hear you on the headache. I've had one for 3-4 days now, and last night I really wanted to just cut my head off. I am also praying for rain.

smjezzy 07-31-2007 10:54 AM

angie - did you see that I added to my post yesterday answering your simpsons question? Oh and I love your new pic

Hey where's Cassi?

juliemarie 07-31-2007 11:08 AM

Good morning! Josie's with Grandma Tues and Weds . . .so I won't take her back to daycare until Thursday.

Apparently it went okay yesterday. She was pretty fussy and upset until she fell asleep in the morning and took a 2 hr nap. They said she woke up happy and played and ate everything they gave her for lunch. She's a good eater-but since she was so upset when I left she wouldn't eat the breakfast they tried to give her. They put her back down for a nap about 5 minutes before I got there. So-I put her in the car and she never really did wake up all the way. Traffic was terrible and all told she got an hour and a half nap. My mom was at the house when we got there so when she woke up it was like xmas! Both Momma AND Grandma? yay!

I'm way exhausted though. 3 nites in a row of terrible sleep-she was up from 2:30 until about 4am last nite and then I had trouble going back to sleep. sucks.

i'm kinda liking being back at work though. I can pee without figuring out how I'm going to get to the bathroom with the Bean. Normal conversation. No TV (and I love TV-but enough's enough, ya know?) And while I'm easing back into the grind-it's going to get really busy-so that'll be good.

I also missed my high-speed internet;)

FF's going well. Helps to have mom at the house for a couple of nites-I did get really hungry last nite and had some jello with sf cool-whip which is probably a no-no, but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.

Great to see Pearl back! Where's Nicole at?

Hi to Angie, Katie, Joni, Dan, Shannon and I'm sure I'm missing somebody-so forgive me! Also hi to the newbies that have joined during my absence. i'm sure I'll get to know you all well!

juliemarie 07-31-2007 11:09 AM

Oh-and Heather! Glad you're back too! How's the fam? And yes-I know what you mean-is it wrong to like the "time-off" from the constant attention you have to give a baby?

LizzyW 07-31-2007 11:23 AM

Hi everyone,

WB Julie - no it is not wrong to want some alone time. I know when I drop my kids off at Nana's, I feel a little guilty at times. But I also know that we need some time to ourselves to keep our sanity and to relax and catch up on sleep. If we don't we really get irritable and that isn't fair to the child or anyone around you. So don't feel like it is wrong. It really is a necessity.

Well I made it back down to 170.4. I am hoping to keep it that way so I can see the 160's soon. Well most of my WL is needed in the butt, waist and thighs, but I seem to be losing it everywhere else, but there. Imagine that. On my dress pants and such, I really need to go buy some more because they are getting way to big. I have a 14 and even those are big. It is more of the jeans that are taking a while to go down in size on. So I guess I am going down in size, just depends on what I am wearing.

Well, I guess I had better get some work done. Hope everyone has a great POP day.

XOXOXO
Liz

juliemarie 07-31-2007 11:33 AM

Liz-now catching up on sleep is something I haven't accomplished yet! Mom has joked that she'd like me to come down to Salem on a weekend and she'd bring Josie back on a Wed-to which I said "no way!" However-I kinda wouldn't mind ONE night of uninterrupted sleep. And deep sleep. I sleep so lightly now-hearing phantom crying, every noise waking me up. I'm up every 2 hours at least.

Last nite Mom said that she'd get up with josie if necessary, but I wouldn't let her. She'll be wiped by Josie today and tomorrow. she's doing me a huge favor-I dont' want her taking the nite shift too. Though at 4am last nite-I was starting to reconsider.

Way to go on your weight loss!

space99s1 07-31-2007 11:47 AM

Good morning..

Went to WI today and stayed the same after FF weekend. Hmmm. I shouldn't be bummed out but..

They gave me a copy of the TO. Man, that is REALLY limited..lol. Not sure I can do it but I will give it a try. Unfortunately, I can't do it for another 2 weeks.

Felicia, thanks for the kind words and prayers for Mom. At this point, I think prayer is the only thing that can help. I've developed a distrust of the medical community, particular doctors, from her experience and personal experience.

Last night, DSs' PS2 bit the dust. I replaced it for $40 last year for a refurb but this time, I bought a new one ($129 @ Walmart). It's the slim one with the internet connectivity built in. (Amazing how much those units have come down in price since they were first introduced!) Those boys OWE me big time:D. I have a lot of outdoor, out of the norm projects which I will be collecting on...heh. They start school in 4 weeks so there is plenty of time to collect on the "debt".

Ack...be still my heart..I just looked out the window and see oldest son (16) out on a ladder continuing the garage painting project. Gulp...:o

emmysmom 07-31-2007 11:50 AM

Julie - it's really hard to ship your child off to nana's house...even if it is nana! My DD went to my mom's house last weekend and spent two nights...yes, TWO nights! Very hard for me! I cried alot on Friday just knowing that she was going. But ya know, you really need some time for yourself every now and then...as painful as it may be. And phantom crying - yeah, I can relate. I heard her up and walking and crying on Friday and Sat. nights - and I knew darn well that she wasn't even in the house!